PDA

View Full Version : Perthshire Run - Sunday 3rd July.

Duncan Stewart
31st January 2011, 09:13 PM
With Craig being unfortunately not able to arrange his runs this year I thought I would offer to do a Perthshire run.
Most of the run is the same route as Craig uses, but the start will be Perth, and the end Dundee

Start is now confirmed as Broxden Services, Perth, PH2 0PX (where Craigs Perthshire pleasure runs have finished)
Gather at 10:30 for departure by 11am
End will be at Dundee in the CineWorld cinema car park, near Camperdown park. Just of the main A90 dual carriageway

The route is via Glen Devon / Gleneagles to Crieff for Lunch at the Drovers restaurant at the Crieff visitors center, then as Craigs Perthshire pleasure runs (Kenmore, Tummel Bridge, Pitlochry, Blairgowrie), then Blairgowie to Dundee via Meigle

Run notes (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dstewart1967/pdf/Perthshire%20Run%202011.pdf) available now
Please print a copy if you can but I will bring a few spares along

Runners

1. Duncan & Helen
2. Greig & Kim
3. Stewart
4. Neil (Trigger)
5. Gillianmcd
6. Ben aka forbes.
7. Baz
8. Euan & Fi
9. Minibob (Bob and Kirsty)
10. Colin & Wendy

GCA3N
31st January 2011, 09:27 PM
Well just checked my rota and being that I will hopefully be in Perthshire then I was very excited. My current Rota has me working on this date, however just found out this week I have a new job with a new rota and I am off now. So you can put Kim and I down for this one.:yes nod::smilewinkgrin:

I'll recce this with you Duncan, let me know when you want to.:thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
31st January 2011, 09:51 PM
I'll recce this with you Duncan, let me know when you want to.:thumbs up:

Thanks Greig, will do

D3 JDA
31st January 2011, 10:01 PM
Put Fiona and I down for this 2

Craig
31st January 2011, 10:57 PM
Well done Duncan. THE best run by NMS ;). May just be able to make this with a "rental" mini ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crombers
1st February 2011, 12:44 AM
Well done Duncan. THE best run by NMS ;). May just be able to make this with a "rental" mini ;)

Maybe something stronger than the ganja eh :p

Maybe swapped T for Super T :yes nod:

Stewart
1st February 2011, 12:44 AM
Is that run I missed last year that runs around crieff ? how does Dundee come into it? :confused:

If its more or less the same put me down had to check there but I'll be back in Scotland for it. :thumbs up:

Crombers
1st February 2011, 12:53 AM
Well done Duncan for picking up the baton, magically I've got a 'bit of a date' the day before so might/will be a tad busy the following morning ;)

GCA3N
1st February 2011, 07:13 AM

I am sure Kim would swap her co-pilot seat craig, if your up for it?;)

Craig
1st February 2011, 10:14 AM
I am sure Kim would swap her co-pilot seat craig, if your up for it?;)

As I said Greig, I have should be able to turn up I'n a mini for that date ;)

GCA3N
1st February 2011, 11:27 AM
As I said Greig, I have should be able to turn up I'n a mini for that date ;)

I see. cool. Be good to catch up.

AndyP & Lenore
1st February 2011, 02:05 PM
Us too Duncan. That date may be tricky but stick us down for now anyway.

A. :D

ELFMAN
1st February 2011, 03:05 PM
Duncan - 'Maybe' again on this one - sorting out Annual Leave/Hols for June.

N16SHP
1st February 2011, 05:54 PM
Stick me down for this one Duncan. Absolutely loved this run last year, the single track up the hill and the steep decent down the otherside was just magical!!

GCA3N
1st February 2011, 06:25 PM
Stick me down for this one Duncan. Absolutely loved this run last year, the single track up the hill and the steep decent down the otherside was just magical!!

If your needing somewhere to crash instead of driving back to Aberdeen let me know Neil.

Minimynx
1st February 2011, 08:57 PM
Can you please add me & co-pilot for this one too, thanks.

Was looking for last year's thread, was it the one in September?

Neil - TXJ
1st February 2011, 09:07 PM
Put me down as well please but will need to confirm nearer the time.

Cheers

Neil

Duncan Stewart
1st February 2011, 11:29 PM
Is that run I missed last year that runs around crieff ? how does Dundee come into it? :confused:

If its more or less the same put me down had to check there but I'll be back in Scotland for it. :thumbs up:

Lunch stop is at Crieff - for full run notes take a look at the thread for the "Perthshire Pleasure (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?19478-Perthshire-Pleasure-IV-Sunday-19th-September-2010)" last year
At the end of previous runs we have done Blairgowrie to Perth, I just thought Blairgowrie to Dundee instead would let us try some different roads

Duncan Stewart
1st February 2011, 11:34 PM
Can you please add me & co-pilot for this one too, thanks.

Was looking for last year's thread, was it the one in September?

Yes, it is - The Perthshire Pleasure (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?19478-Perthshire-Pleasure-IV-Sunday-19th-September-2010)

Duncan Stewart
1st February 2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the interest everyone :thumbs up:
List on first page updated

Stewart
1st February 2011, 11:40 PM
Lunch stop is at Crieff - for full run notes take a look at the thread for the "Perthshire Pleasure (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?19478-Perthshire-Pleasure-IV-Sunday-19th-September-2010)" last year
At the end of previous runs we have done Blairgowrie to Perth, I just thought Blairgowrie to Dundee instead would let us try some different roads

Cheers, I know if there is a wee change its not going to miss the best bits....:thumbs up:

Flash_Amber
2nd February 2011, 11:28 AM
Can you put scott and I down for this one

GCA3N
2nd February 2011, 11:44 AM
Filling up quickly looks like it's going to be a cracker.

Delboy
2nd February 2011, 12:33 PM
Would like to have made this but I'll be on holiday on 26th - schools stop on 24th June.

GCA3N
2nd February 2011, 01:48 PM
Would like to have made this but I'll be on holiday on 26th - schools stop on 24th June.

:sad:;)

N16SHP
2nd February 2011, 05:21 PM
If your needing somewhere to crash instead of driving back to Aberdeen let me know Neil.

I like your thinking sir!!! Thank you!!

MonsteR
2nd February 2011, 06:49 PM
Possibly up for this too if i'm not away on holiday ;)

Duncan Stewart
2nd February 2011, 08:42 PM

Sorry about that :sad: schools don't break up here till 1st July so had hoped I would avoid peoples holiday period

Enjoy your holiday :D :cool:

Duncan Stewart
2nd February 2011, 08:44 PM
Can you put scott and I down for this one

Possibly up for this too if i'm not away on holiday ;)

List updated, Thanks

GCA3N
3rd February 2011, 12:18 AM
I like your thinking sir!!! Thank you!!

No probs mate. All being well the guest room will be ready by then;)

GCA3N
4th February 2011, 09:25 PM
Well I guess who knows what will happen, work called shift change on hold indefinitely so away offshore now for both runs. Really disappointed. :(

Craig
5th February 2011, 08:32 AM
Well I guess who knows what will happen, work called shift change on hold indefinitely so away offshore now for both runs. Really disappointed. :(

Bummer! That's work for you tho :frown:

GCA3N
5th February 2011, 09:07 AM
Bummer! That's work for you tho :frown:

Gutted Craig I was really looking forward to this run.

Duncan Stewart
6th February 2011, 08:49 PM
Could move to next weekend - 3rd July
The main reason for the June date was to try and avoid busy roads with school holidays but looks like schools in some areas break off in June anyway.

Could people still make it if it was 3rd July?

GCA3N
6th February 2011, 08:56 PM
The main reason for the June date was to try and avoid busy roads with school holidays but looks like schools in some areas break off in June anyway.

Sounds good to me:thumbs up:

Craig
6th February 2011, 09:02 PM

I'm away on hols then, but I wont have my MINI by then, so don't worry about me... ;)

Stewart
6th February 2011, 11:34 PM
Fine here with the 3rd.

AndyP & Lenore
6th February 2011, 11:54 PM
We will not be able to make it on the 3rd July as the Cinema will probably be busy and our Assistant is usually on holiday.:sad:

Duncan Stewart
10th February 2011, 08:13 PM
POSSIBLE DATE CHANGE TO 3rd July
If you've got you name down could you please let me know if you can make the 3rd so I can confirm the date.
I will keep list on first page updated with who can change

Thanks

Crombers
10th February 2011, 08:27 PM
:cool:
POSSIBLE DATE CHANGE TO 3rd July
If you've got you name down could you please let me know if you can make the 3rd so I can confirm the date.
I will keep list on first page updated with who can change

Thanks

I'll still be kinda busy, with 'her indoors' somewhere 'hot' by then me knows :cool:

This is arguably one if the best runs on the NMS calendar & if you ain't been on one I would strongly recommend :thumbs up:

Minimynx
12th February 2011, 12:41 PM
I can do either, don't generally plan things that far in advance!

Neil - TXJ
12th February 2011, 12:57 PM
Date doesn't make much difference to me. Will need to confirm nearer the time either way.

Neil

N16SHP
13th February 2011, 01:21 PM
Either is fine with me Duncan!! My fixtures for my American Football have not been put out yet so at the moment i'm good either way!

blueworks
13th February 2011, 02:56 PM
Billy and Jean (maybe)

D3 JDA
16th February 2011, 07:01 PM
26th or the 3rd ok for us Duncan.:thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
18th February 2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the reply David

As most replies are in it looks like a change to the 3rd is best so will do this soon as I work out how to change the thread title :confused:

Sorry you can't make it Craig & Andy but as you were just maybes thought the change suited most best

Duncan Stewart
18th February 2011, 11:14 PM
Thread title changed
Thanks Greig :thumbs up:

Craig
18th February 2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the reply David

As most replies are in it looks like a change to the 3rd is best so will do this soon as I work out how to change the thread title :confused:

Sorry you can't make it Craig & Andy but as you were just maybes thought the change suited most best

Ok Duncan, I understand. I could have got a MINI organised for the 26th but I'm on holiday the 3rd. :thumbs up:

Enjoy guys - it will be my first time missing this run - mostly cos it was me that normally ran it..! :lol:

gillianmcd
27th March 2011, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone! I have just joined NMS & thought the best thing to do would be to sign up for a run! This one looks good so is it alright if I come along? :)

Cheers

Gillian

GCA3N
27th March 2011, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone! I have just joined NMS & thought the best thing to do would be to sign up for a run! This one looks good so is it alright if I come along? :)

Cheers

Gillian

Good on you will be a cracker.

N16SHP
27th March 2011, 09:29 PM
Good on you will be a cracker.

Seconded!! This was my first run last year and it was amazingly good fun...and that was with crap weather, so fingers crossed for a nice day this year!!

GCA3N
27th March 2011, 09:34 PM
Seconded!! This was my first run last year and it was amazingly good fun...and that was with crap weather, so fingers crossed for a nice day this year!!

I've booked it already mate, weather is going to be spot on :thumbs up:

gillianmcd
27th March 2011, 09:40 PM

Thanks guys! I'm new to Edinburgh & finding it hard to make new friends outside work & someone suggested joining a car club as I love my car (even though I don't know that much about cars in general!) So I'm hoping I won't be too shy to come along by myself! :)

Craig
27th March 2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks guys! I'm new to Edinburgh & finding it hard to make new friends outside work & someone suggested joining a car club as I love my car (even though I don't know that much about cars in general!) So I'm hoping I won't be too shy to come along by myself! :)

If I can put your mind at ease, everyone is friendly and welcoming. You won't have any issues ;)

I won't make this run as I'll be in Portugal, so enjoy yourself

GCA3N
27th March 2011, 10:15 PM

As Craig says we're a welcoming bunch so don't worry yourself.

Neil - TXJ
27th March 2011, 10:26 PM

I got my mini in November and have already been on 2 runs and have been made very welcome. You will enjoy the day if you are able to make it

Neil

GCA3N
27th March 2011, 10:27 PM
Neil get some good pics of your car an I'll sort you a new sig pic. 3/4 front on (like mine) make the best pics.

Neil - TXJ
27th March 2011, 10:31 PM
Neil get some good pics of your car an I'll sort you a new sig pic. 3/4 front on (like mine) make the best pics.

Will do when I get the new wheels on in a couple if weeks.

Cheers.

GCA3N
27th March 2011, 10:34 PM
Will do when I get the new wheels on in a couple if weeks.

Cheers.

no probs :thumbs up:

gillianmcd
27th March 2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks everyone! You have all been very welcoming so far! I will definitely come on the Perthshire run! :D

GCA3N
27th March 2011, 11:09 PM
Thanks everyone! You have all been very welcoming so far! I will definitely come on the Perthshire run! :D
:clap::clap::clap:

N16SHP
28th March 2011, 04:28 PM
If I can put your mind at ease, everyone is friendly and welcoming. You won't have any issues ;)

Is that an understatement or what! Getting welcomed by a happy going guy in sleet and pouring rain wearing shorts...I knew i'd fit in when I met you Craig!!

Craig
28th March 2011, 06:10 PM
Is that an understatement or what! Getting welcomed by a happy going guy in sleet and pouring rain wearing shorts...I knew i'd fit in when I met you Craig!!
:blush:
:thumbs up:

Happy to help :D

GCA3N
28th March 2011, 06:37 PM
:clap::laugh:

Crombers
28th March 2011, 09:24 PM

Yup smashin fella, cack dress sense :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
30th March 2011, 03:09 PM

Yes, to think that I was put off the first time by the fact that the Perthshire NMS is a 'Naturist' :blush: run, but don't worry, the weather might be warmer by then! :thumbs up:

MINI William
30th March 2011, 07:11 PM
Duncan can you stick out names down please. Both the cars

GCA3N
30th March 2011, 07:32 PM
Duncan can you stick out names down please. Both the cars
:clap::clap::clap:

stoney
30th March 2011, 09:46 PM
go on then i will pop along to this as its a good run :thumbs up:

GCA3N
30th March 2011, 10:13 PM
go on then i will pop along to this as its a good run :thumbs up:

good effort, list updated.

Duncan Stewart
1st April 2011, 06:47 PM

Cheers

Gillian

Sorry in the delay replying, I'm just back from holiday today.
You are very welcome to come along, I've added you to the list.

Greig - thanks for adding the Harpers and Stoney :thumbs up:

gillianmcd
1st April 2011, 06:50 PM
Sorry in the delay replying, I'm just back from holiday today.
You are very welcome to come along, I've added you to the list.

Thanks Duncan! Hope you had a good holiday? :)

Duncan Stewart
1st April 2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks Duncan! Hope you had a good holiday? :)

Yes, excellent thanks :D
We were in London and Paris

ELFMAN
5th April 2011, 01:45 PM
Yes, excellent thanks :D
We were in London and Paris

Duncan, did Helen make you go to a different city from her again...?

Please put me down as going on the run - circumstances permitting (still waiting on appointment for Op).

GCA3N
5th April 2011, 01:53 PM

Please put me down as going on the run - circumstances permitting (still waiting on appointment for Op).

Good stuff Euan :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
5th April 2011, 02:41 PM
Good stuff Euan :thumbs up:

I've been called worse...

Duncan Stewart
7th April 2011, 08:01 PM

Na, she stuck with me in both cities :hand::smilewinkgrin:

Glad to have you along on the run

Forbes
7th April 2011, 08:20 PM
I'm off, count me in

GCA3N
8th April 2011, 06:14 AM
I'm off, count me in

Nice one Ben, be good to catch up. I'll update Duncan.

N16SHP
8th April 2011, 09:50 AM
Building quite a list of names, should be a cracker!!

GCA3N
8th April 2011, 04:00 PM
Building quite a list of names, should be a cracker!!

:yes nod::yes nod: You know it will be.

gillianmcd
8th April 2011, 04:34 PM
Why am I number "12.5"?! Ha ha

Neil - TXJ
8th April 2011, 05:03 PM
Why am I number "12.5"?! Ha ha

Would guess it is to do with not being 13 :smilewinkgrin:

gillianmcd
8th April 2011, 06:34 PM
Would guess it is to do with not being 13 :smilewinkgrin:

Ah yes I see now! Doh!!! Yep don't want any more bad luck this year! :)

Duncan Stewart
8th April 2011, 07:42 PM
I'm off, count me in

Glad you can make it :thumbs up:

GCA3N
9th April 2011, 06:12 AM
Duncan give me a shout when you think we can do a recce mate. Home a week on thursday for 2 weeks , then home on the 19th may for 4 weeks.

Duncan Stewart
9th April 2011, 07:59 PM
Still got the notes to finish. Did the new Blairgowie - Dundee section today on the way home from a family visit.
Got stuff on the next few weekends but will be incorporating doing the new Perth - Crieff section as part of something else we are doing, so notes will be ready by May

Seem to have stuff on most weekends so probably do a full recce of the route on a weekday in late May.

Duncan Stewart
22nd April 2011, 07:53 PM
First post updated with start & finish details.
Got different bits sussed out (despite a closed road :ragin:)

Will assemble run notes out of mine & Craigs then will be doing a full recce to check them out - should be fun :smilewinkgrin:

Bazthemod
15th May 2011, 06:57 PM
Can you add me please Duncan, cheers

GCA3N
16th May 2011, 05:58 AM
Can you add me please Duncan, cheers

:thumbs up: good news baz, hey you might even keep up with me this time:smilewinkgrin:

Bazthemod
16th May 2011, 11:39 AM
:thumbs up: good news baz, hey you might even keep up with me this time:smilewinkgrin:

LOL I don't think we have been on the same run since I got my JCW .... we shall see lol

GCA3N
16th May 2011, 11:54 AM
LOL I don't think we have been on the same run since I got my JCW .... we shall see lol

been a while mate, looking forward to it.

Bazthemod
16th May 2011, 12:09 PM
Aye should be good... just don't you go hitting any wildlife ;)

Burple
16th May 2011, 05:33 PM
Add Meself and Fi to this one please!! :cool::cool::cool:

Dunno how I missed it so far :p

Bazthemod
16th May 2011, 05:35 PM

Urgh take me off please! hahaha :p:p:p

Duncan Stewart
16th May 2011, 07:33 PM

Added :thumbs up:

GCA3N
17th May 2011, 06:02 AM

Nice one Euan.:thumbs up:

Burple
17th May 2011, 12:00 PM
Urgh take me off please! hahaha :p:p:p
You'll get a slap ya wee dobber :p:p:p

Actually.. that's fine if you take your name off... apparently it's impossible for us to be in the same place at the same time! I've STILL not seen you about again! :p :clap::laugh::laugh:

Burple
17th May 2011, 12:01 PM
Nice one Euan.:thumbs up:

Well it'd be rude not to! Half the run's practically in my back garden! :thumbs up::cool:

and cheers Duncan!! Feels like I've not been on a run for aaaages, so it'll be good to have the Thistle run and this back to back!

minibob
27th May 2011, 09:24 PM
Add me and my girlfriend please :thumbs up:

bob and kirsty

The Enrique's
27th May 2011, 09:55 PM
Hi Duncan,

Jaz check ma rota and i'm off... so please put The Enrique's please?

Cheers

Duncan Stewart
30th May 2011, 08:13 PM
Add me and my girlfriend please :thumbs up:

bob and kirsty

Hi Duncan,

Jaz check ma rota and i'm off... so please put The Enrique's please?

Cheers

Both added :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
6th June 2011, 04:47 PM
Duncan, can you downgrade me to a 'Maybe' please?
My operation got postponed till 21st June, so I don't know how I'll be at the start of July. Sorry, but needs must...

N16SHP
8th June 2011, 01:27 PM
Duncan, can you sadly take me off the list. I am in Inverness the night before, and was gonna get up early and drive down to Perth, but the logistics and fuel prices mean that for a wee thrill it's gonna cost a heck of a lot :(

Duncan Stewart
12th June 2011, 06:18 PM
Duncan, can you downgrade me to a 'Maybe' please?
My operation got postponed till 21st June, so I don't know how I'll be at the start of July. Sorry, but needs must...

Done, hope it all goes well

Duncan Stewart
12th June 2011, 06:19 PM
Duncan, can you sadly take me off the list. I am in Inverness the night before, and was gonna get up early and drive down to Perth, but the logistics and fuel prices mean that for a wee thrill it's gonna cost a heck of a lot :(

OK, done

Duncan Stewart
13th June 2011, 08:55 PM
Run notes (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dstewart1967/pdf/Perthshire%20Run%202011.pdf) now added to the first post

GCA3N
13th June 2011, 09:27 PM
Getting excited. Good stuff Duncan.

stoney
20th June 2011, 11:35 PM
Looking forward to this get the GP out for a proper run :)

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

GCA3N
21st June 2011, 09:38 AM
Looking forward to this get the GP out for a proper run :)

See if you can keep up ;)

Looking forward to seeing your motor mate :D

stoney
21st June 2011, 09:48 PM
See if you can keep up ;)

Looking forward to seeing your motor mate :D

pft the only thing your fat mini will be seeing no sorry hering is the pops and bangs as i drive off in to the sunset leaving you all in my dust :lol:

GCA3N
22nd June 2011, 06:19 AM
pft the only thing your fat mini will be seeing no sorry hering is the pops and bangs as i drive off in to the sunset leaving you all in my dust :lol:

we'll see wee man ;) oh and its a phat mini BTW :D

Gismo
22nd June 2011, 12:31 PM
Duncan, for your info, i got an e-mail from Peter Vardy's wanting some more info on the run.
Hard for me to communicate with them from Yemen, so, if anyone is going in to see them or you might want to contact them yourself??

Duncan Stewart
23rd June 2011, 07:53 PM
Duncan, for your info, i got an e-mail from Peter Vardy's wanting some more info on the run.
Hard for me to communicate with them from Yemen, so, if anyone is going in to see them or you might want to contact them yourself??

PMed you

Stewart
23rd June 2011, 08:00 PM
Sorry that could be my fault, the guy with the Cow mini was asking how to enjoy the next few months in the Mini and I said join us on the PP run.....:smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
24th June 2011, 04:14 AM
PMed youI e-mailed you :thumbs up:

GCA3N
1st July 2011, 06:43 AM
2 days to go am i the only sado excited.

sent from my galaxy S ll

Burple
1st July 2011, 09:37 AM
2 days to go am i the only sado excited.

sent from my galaxy S ll

Nope!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::motoring:

Craig
1st July 2011, 09:50 AM
Hope you guys enjoy ;). Wish I was coming along but I'll be in Portugal with the sun on my back and a cold beer :beer: :thumbs up:

GCA3N
1st July 2011, 01:36 PM
Hope you guys enjoy ;). Wish I was coming along but I'll be in Portugal with the sun on my back and a cold beer :beer: :thumbs up:

It's a hard life Craig.

Mini Ecosse
1st July 2011, 03:12 PM

Plenty money for holidays since you sold mini LOL

Craig
1st July 2011, 07:07 PM
Plenty money for holidays since you sold mini LOL

Aye judes loving it !! :lol:

MINI William
1st July 2011, 08:23 PM
Duncan really sorry to have to pull out but something has came up that we just cant make it now. Sorry

Duncan Stewart
1st July 2011, 09:06 PM
Duncan really sorry to have to pull out but something has came up that we just cant make it now. Sorry

No bother, Thanks for letting me know

stoney
2nd July 2011, 12:17 PM
Duncan I am going to have to pull out as well as I have just had a phone call to work at stupid time In the morning sorry have a good run and I want to see lots of pics

Neil and Lorna
2nd July 2011, 06:29 PM
Hi Duncan/ Helen

Stick our names down please.:D:D

Looking forward to a blast round the auld backyard.:thumbs up:

See you at Perth.:D

Neil and Lorna :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

ELFMAN
2nd July 2011, 07:10 PM
Hi Duncan, just about back to the land of the living after my operation a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately I'm a 'No Go' for tomorrow as I'm still full of antibiotics for a post-op infection which left bits of me looking like a scene from 'Reservoir Dogs'...

Have a good one everybody, and I hope to see some of you in the not too distant future. Feels as if I've been out of the loop for AGES.

GCA3N
2nd July 2011, 07:36 PM
Hi Duncan, just about back to the land of the living after my operation a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately I'm a 'No Go' for tomorrow as I'm still full of antibiotics for a post-op infection which left bits of me looking like a scene from 'Reservoir Dogs'...

Have a good one everybody, and I hope to see some of you in the not too distant future. Feels as if I've been out of the loop for AGES.

That's a pity bud.

Minimynx
2nd July 2011, 07:55 PM
Sorry but I can't make it now either, urgently need new brake disks & pads, has to be done tomorrow :-(

Flash_Amber
2nd July 2011, 08:25 PM
Sorry, going to have to pull out, hubby having to work tomorrow and cant change his shift

Duncan Stewart
2nd July 2011, 08:53 PM
Hi Duncan/ Helen

Stick our names down please.:D:D

Looking forward to a blast round the auld backyard.:thumbs up:

See you at Perth.:D

Neil and Lorna :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Thats Great. See you 2morrow

Duncan Stewart
2nd July 2011, 08:54 PM

No Probs. Glad you are on the mend

Duncan Stewart
2nd July 2011, 08:58 PM
Duncan I am going to have to pull out as well as I have just had a phone call to work at stupid time In the morning sorry have a good run and I want to see lots of pics

Sorry but I can't make it now either, urgently need new brake disks & pads, has to be done tomorrow :-(

Sorry, going to have to pull out, hubby having to work tomorrow and cant change his shift

Sorry you cannot make it. Thanks for letting me know

gillianmcd
2nd July 2011, 10:54 PM
Hello!

Looking forward to tomorrow - what's the weather supposed to be like?

gillian :)

Stewart
2nd July 2011, 11:19 PM
Think it’s actually to be nice, makes a change!:thumbs up:

GCA3N
2nd July 2011, 11:29 PM
Weather is supposed to be good for the next few days.

D3 JDA
3rd July 2011, 09:12 AM
Sorry for the late call off still at Carlisle after a good night at the races then watching texAs in concert hope u all have a fab day out

Bazthemod
3rd July 2011, 09:33 AM
What a cracking day... see u all soon!

GCA3N
3rd July 2011, 09:40 AM
What a cracking day... see u all soon!

I was just about to go raj at you if you had pulled out :D

See you soon bud, hope that car is gleaming :lol:

stoney
3rd July 2011, 12:00 PM
Well just out my bed :lol: hope u guys are having a good run I never got in till gone 3am so no chance I could have made it enjoy the rest of your day stoney

Neil - TXJ
3rd July 2011, 12:14 PM
Lunch

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/876ae09b.jpg

ELFMAN
3rd July 2011, 01:34 PM
I'm Jealous! :sad: :argh: :ragin:

My car's raging, as it's in my garage under a cover, and I'm raging 'cos I'm in my shorts under medication! Waste of another great day... :frown: I'll have to rent a new body :smilewinkgrin:.

Ah well, there's always the rest of the 'Summer'. :yes nod: Enjoy the rest of the run folks!

RobSco
3rd July 2011, 02:41 PM
Hi

Glad to see all you Guys are having an Excellent Day for your Perthshire Run and as always cars are all looking in First Class Condition... :cool:

Enjoy the rest of the Day... :thumbs up:

GCA3N
3rd July 2011, 06:39 PM
Amazing run folks and thanks to all that attended it and made it an absolute cracker. Roads were simply amazing, little traffic and weather that was just perfection. Huge thanks to Duncan for organising the whole day, couldn't have been better mate. Pace was ok a bit slow in parts ;) seriously though had a brilliant day out, pics and videos to follow.

Good to see some new comers too hope you folks enjoyed it as much as the seasoned amongst us.

Oh yeh well done for keeping up Baz.....well just about anyway :D

Bazthemod
3rd July 2011, 07:31 PM
Fantastic run today Duncan well done and thanks for taking this run onboard. Fantastic weather, fantastic cars and great bunch of people. Having a smaller crowd was actually much better.

Thanks to Ewan for the ice cream haha!

Good to see the usual faces and some new ones!

Greig I'v told you sport button wasny even on! ;) Even Ben wasn't that slow today on the hills lol!

I have to also say well done to Kim for her acrobatic photography lol you should really get paid danger money!

Pics to follow, on facebook already for those who have me.

This really made up my mind that i'm sticking with the MINI brand.

Duncan Stewart
3rd July 2011, 07:31 PM
Thanks to everyone who attended. What a fantastic day out :cool:
I had great fun leading the run, and we were so lucky with the weather and light traffic.

A few pics

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/23841417/397542758.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/23841417/397542759.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/23841417/397542760.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/23841417/397542761.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/23841417/397542762.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/23841417/397542763.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/23841417/397542764.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/23841417/397542765.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/23841417/397542766.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/23841417/397542767.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/23841417/397542768.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL568/2504290/23841417/397542769.jpg

GCA3N
3rd July 2011, 08:41 PM
http://youtu.be/yVNFs-uupfw

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/th_video-2011-07-03-13-16-55.jpg (http://s383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/?action=view&current=video-2011-07-03-13-16-55.mp4)

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/th_video-2011-07-03-13-20-04.jpg (http://s383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/?action=view&current=video-2011-07-03-13-20-04.mp4)

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/2011-07-03133106.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/2011-07-03133452.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/2011-07-03132930.jpg

gillianmcd
3rd July 2011, 09:22 PM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to say thanks again for today! Sooooooooooooooo much fun! Impressed myself that I managed to keep up! :D Will definitely be coming along to the next run!

Awesome job on the photography - especially to Kim....maybe you should get some kind of harness fitted?! ha ha

Cheers again! gillian x

PS. my right arm is sunburnt! :-S

N16SHP
3rd July 2011, 09:28 PM
PS. my right arm is sunburnt! :-S

classic truckers tan...good effort lol!

So gutted I couldn't make it along today, looked like a cracker of a day! Some great pics and videos too (fine work Kim :) )

GCA3N
3rd July 2011, 09:32 PM
Lol my right arm is bright red.

Missed you Neil.

sent from my galaxy S ll

gillianmcd
3rd July 2011, 09:38 PM
Not great, but I took these on my phone.... :)

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x439/gillianmcd1/IMG_1348.jpg

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x439/gillianmcd1/IMG_1349.jpg

GCA3N
3rd July 2011, 09:43 PM
Well done gillian good to meet you.

sent from my galaxy S ll

Bazthemod
3rd July 2011, 10:55 PM
Haha Gillian I have one burnt arm too!

Some pics...

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261984_10150246853940369_611850368_7522845_7440825 _n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/263661_10150246854065369_611850368_7522848_468532_ n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/263435_10150246854255369_611850368_7522850_4003539 _n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270012_10150246854520369_611850368_7522853_981396_ n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/259863_10150246854845369_611850368_7522861_4023644 _n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/269603_10150246855225369_611850368_7522869_868682_ n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270484_10150246855835369_611850368_7522879_635262_ n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268336_10150246856280369_611850368_7522886_2287474 _n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/263540_10150246856495369_611850368_7522889_6073777 _n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/270105_10150246856605369_611850368_7522890_2071436 _n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262289_10150246856755369_611850368_7522893_7075586 _n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261200_10150246856870369_611850368_7522894_5348010 _n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261467_10150246857760369_611850368_7522908_2280595 _n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/268904_10150246857885369_611850368_7522910_106387_ n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/263825_10150246858655369_611850368_7522922_6727497 _n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/268290_10150246859055369_611850368_7522929_8102208 _n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/261320_10150246859475369_611850368_7522934_5567757 _n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270703_10150246859605369_611850368_7522935_6934402 _n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/263883_10150246859750369_611850368_7522937_7650067 _n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/265187_10150246860000369_611850368_7522941_5790186 _n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261200_10150246860165369_611850368_7522943_6844415 _n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/269800_10150246860575369_611850368_7522950_3369298 _n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268126_10150246700790369_611850368_7520587_6548419 _n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264509_10150246855200369_611850368_7522867_8337089 _n.jpg

Neil - TXJ
3rd July 2011, 11:03 PM
Another great run, thanks Duncan. Forgot my camera so just a few picks from my phone.

PS - Greig, if you want me to slow down next time so you can keep up let me know :smilewinkgrin:

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/8a806c23.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/bde9e4e8.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/19d2c879.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/1f216e6f.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/6a1c4ba0.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/2db029e1.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/e612a845.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/7d835797.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/f5f4b040.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/e98300cb.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/5e775893.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/128fd3fa.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/79749c64.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/fb9a4abf.jpg
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/0159aebc.jpg

Gismo
4th July 2011, 04:25 AM
Looks like another excellent NMS run :thumbs up:
Stunning scenery and i don't miss it one bit, nope, no way :Whistle:
Quote of the day goes to Baz, good decision mate :motoring:

Duncan Stewart
4th July 2011, 09:33 AM
Great photos everyone :thumbs up: Glad you all enjoyed the run :D

silver spirit
4th July 2011, 12:09 PM
Great Photos everyone . Good to see you all had a great day out :-))

ELFMAN
4th July 2011, 12:50 PM
Looks like a great day - excellent diversity in the car line-up too! :cool::thumbs up:

Gismo
4th July 2011, 03:21 PM
Duncan, did anyone from Peter Vardy make it?

Flash_Amber
4th July 2011, 03:42 PM
Glad you all had a good run, wish I could have been there

Duncan Stewart
4th July 2011, 05:12 PM
Duncan, did anyone from Peter Vardy make it?

I e-mailed them but got no response

Stewart
4th July 2011, 06:17 PM
Dear Jim I’ll fix it, I keep gong on mini runs but find myself only seeing one other Mini. Can you fix it for me to have new brakes, new suspension, new engine, oh sod it get me a Works or your off the Christmas card list!!!!!!!!!!

In saying that he’d have to fix my driving style as well…..:smilewinkgrin:
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/Perthshire-Run2.jpg

Just back on the PC there, Great Pic’s and kudos to Kim and Baz for the pic’s that were great on the move especially Kims one with the land rover parked with the Minis flying by.

The actual Video’s look like the pace was not as fast as I had thought. Us at the back were probably faster on parts trying to catch up with more open roads, well that’s the story I’m sticking with:thumbs up:. Special thanks to the lady in the Silver Matiz, I don’t know how many miles (thankfully on the Road at the Queens view) and that average speed of 24 Mph pushing it to the max and then that late non signalled turn to head on the road south that got the response it deserved from my running partner in the Green Mini. :frown:

Great to meet a few new people and see the cars and take in some new stunning roads. Honestly Glen Quaichover to loch Tay that ranks up there with the best Mini road I’ve been on. How it works with no passing places…..Great roads when like yesterday mostly dead or was that just Ben had been down the road first!
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/PerthshireRun3.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/PerthshireRun.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/PerthshireRun9.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/PerthshireRun11.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/PerthshireRun12.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/PerthshireRun8.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/PerthshireRun7.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/PerthshireRun6.jpg

Thanks for the effort D&H, too few Mini runs on the go this year, so well appreciated. :thumbs up:

GCA3N
4th July 2011, 07:58 PM
Stewart you are a riot mate i laughed so hard at your initial paragraph, and then the picture with the empty road.

sent from my galaxy S ll

EcosseGP
4th July 2011, 08:06 PM
Cracking photos troops just sorry I couldn't make it & meet a few of you but not through choice doctors orders ..

Stewart
4th July 2011, 08:13 PM
“Greig”
In fairness I caught up with Colin and Wendy two minutes after that pic, I’d slowed as the old Sat Nav decided it did not like the Glen Road – “Sorry the computer says no!”:computer: after I had put in the wrong road:blush: ( the next turn on Tyre) and I had to shift it on to the picnic site…..Great when they work, leaves you up the creak when you program it like an arse. Who need run Notes;)

A GP would have rounded off the Group as well, shame you missed it MiniGP.

gillianmcd
4th July 2011, 09:24 PM
I'm loving all these pictures! They're awesome! :D

Colin
4th July 2011, 10:57 PM
Great pics folks. Shame I couldn't make it this year...

SuperCooperS
5th July 2011, 09:12 AM
Hey everyone shame I couldnt make it to this run to meet everyone.. weather looked awesome and the cars looked great.. fab scenery..ive been at home in Northern Ireland driving about the North Antrim Coast in smashing weather and sight seeing with a friend from Scotland..back to Aberdeen on Friday though.. think I recognise maybe one or two of the motors from Aberdeen.. the Antrim coast here at home is a great driving road, and views are great.. might be an option to get a crowd of folk over in the ferry and do a few routes here with camping or cheap guest house up the north coast next summer..

GCA3N
5th July 2011, 09:58 AM
some more pics.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/P1130146b.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/P1130147b.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/P1130149b.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/P1130139b.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/P1130142.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/P1130136c.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/P1130136b.jpg

Burple
5th July 2011, 11:01 AM
Cracking pics Greig!! :cool::cool:

Well done to Duncan and Helen! Another excellent run! One of the quicker ones we've been on recently too :D excellent choice of roads.. love the wee single track one over to Kenmore :cool:

Extra thumbs up to 'Stunt-Kim'! :thumbs up: Good effort!! :laugh::laugh:

And the noise of a supercharged and 3 turbo'd Works cars taking off from some of those junctions... wow!:cool: POP! POP! POP! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:
We got some pics.. but they're identical to everybody elses!! haha

GCA3N
5th July 2011, 11:32 AM
Cheers Euan. Your right the noises were amazing, don't forget the scraping noise too ;)

Kim done well so she did, she is sore today though :lol:

gillianmcd
5th July 2011, 02:14 PM
the Antrim coast here at home is a great driving road, and views are great.. might be an option to get a crowd of folk over in the ferry and do a few routes here with camping or cheap guest house up the north coast next summer..

Sounds like an awesome plan! :D Would definitely be up for a weekend in Northern Ireland!

Forbes
5th July 2011, 08:20 PM
Haha, bit annoying the R56 was in such a majority at the run :( whine is here to stay

Greig photo 2 of that last lot with out the artisty stuff if you can send a copy

Duncan Stewart
5th July 2011, 08:30 PM
Hi Greig - No problem to use my photos.
Tried to PM you back but your message box is full

gillianmcd
5th July 2011, 08:36 PM
Greig! I love that 2nd picture you posted - it's like the cars are drawn with crayons!!! Awesome! Photoshop?

gillian x

GCA3N
5th July 2011, 09:27 PM
Haha, bit annoying the R56 was in such a majority at the run :( whine is here to stay

Greig photo 2 of that last lot with out the artisty stuff if you can send a copy

This one mate.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/P1130147.jpg

Hi Greig - No problem to use my photos.
Tried to PM you back but your message box is full

cheers mate, created space in my inbox now.

Greig! I love that 2nd picture you posted - it's like the cars are drawn with crayons!!! Awesome! Photoshop?

gillian x

Cheers Gillian just messing around.

Craig
9th July 2011, 05:39 PM
Just back from hols... Looks like you guys had a great day... Shame I missed it . Maybe next year ;)

GCA3N
9th July 2011, 06:00 PM
Just back from hols... Looks like you guys had a great day... Shame I missed it . Maybe next year ;)

with your own mini :D

Craig
9th July 2011, 08:07 PM
with your own mini :D

No chance of that Greig :frown:

minibob
10th July 2011, 05:22 PM
sorry for the late reply i had a great time the roads were just my kind of roads :thumbs up: first new MINI run wee have been on and loved it :yes nod: some great photos of the cars top class run

thanks
bob

Stewart
11th July 2011, 03:19 PM
As said nice to meet you Bob and your other half on the run, always nice to see (respectfully :thumbs up:) a Bonkers Cooper. That little bit different that makes these runs great. I always stand by that on all the Mini runs the Company, Roads, and cars have always been good fun to meet, drive and see.

Duncan Stewart
21st July 2011, 08:13 PM
Could a Mod un sticky this thread now please, cheers :thumbs up:

GCA3N
22nd July 2011, 08:35 AM
Could a Mod un sticky this thread now please, cheers :thumbs up:

done :thumbs up:

Gismo
23rd July 2011, 05:20 AM
All pictures uploaded to the web site http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/link.gif (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/Gallery.html)

mini megz
25th July 2011, 04:56 PM
Hello :D

Gutted I missed this run as I would have liked to have met some other Mini people like me, especially as I live in Perth! I must remember to check the events section more often or log in more :computer: Another time ;)