PDA

View Full Version : 2003 mini one rear wash wipe

J66NY H
28th January 2011, 08:13 AM
Any ideas what can be wrong with the washer on our mini,since all the bad weather and frost it has not worked,the pump still works but no water out the nozzle,i have had the rear panel of and no leaks there,any ideas :confused:

MonsteR
28th January 2011, 09:04 AM
I've got similar problem with mine on my R53. Pump works but water just runs out the back of the cover mostly and slight trickle from the jet itself. Tried poking it with a needle incase it was blocked but no better. I've ordered a new one of the plastic cover with nozzle from BMW only £4 hoping that solves the problem.

MonsteR
28th January 2011, 03:38 PM
Got part today and fitted it in 30 seconds works a treat, job done! Only prob now is I think the spring in the wiper arm is weak as the wiper is barely applying any pressure at all to the window, and therefore not wiping the area perfectly.

Craig
28th January 2011, 03:59 PM
Glad the washer is working again... ;). Bit of a pain about the arm tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoney
28th January 2011, 05:38 PM
yep had the same prob in my old R53 ended up needing a full wiper unit but dont have that troule any more as i dont have a back window wiper :lol:

RobSco
30th January 2011, 12:32 AM
Got part today and fitted it in 30 seconds works a treat, job done! Only prob now is I think the spring in the wiper arm is weak as the wiper is barely applying any pressure at all to the window, and therefore not wiping the area perfectly.

Just wondering what part did you order as I have a similar problem, Do you still have the Part Number... :thumbs up:

MonsteR
30th January 2011, 02:53 AM
Just wondering what part did you order as I have a similar problem, Do you still have the Part Number... :thumbs up:

Part number on my invoice is 61627044627 cost £3.50 + vat

I just took the part off the car and showed them what I was after. It's just the plastic cover at the base of the wiper arm, you just gently un clip it. Easy peasy

By the looks of my old one it was the small rubber seal inside it that was perished.

RobSco
30th January 2011, 01:41 PM

I just took the part off the car and showed them what I was after. It's just the plastic cover at the base of the wiper arm, you just gently un clip it. Easy peasy

By the looks of my old one it was the small rubber seal inside it that was perished.

Cheers for that I'll have a look later... :thumbs up:

Crombers
30th January 2011, 07:49 PM

Excellent tip folks, as my rear scoosher is goosed too :thumbs up:

atnova
2nd February 2011, 01:34 AM
Hey Guys,

I have the similar problem, but the thing is i have changed the wiper cover a few times, but water doesn't seem to come out.
I have removed the cover and try applying rear wind screen wiper, and the water does come out. What should i do?? and do u guys know if the bolt and nut which are being covered by the wiper cover is still availiable? cus mine is a bit rusty...

Cheers

MonsteR
2nd February 2011, 10:50 AM
If there is water coming out the pipe when you apply the scoosher then either you dont have the cover fully clicked on tight assuming the seal is ok in the cover and the nozzle on it isn't blocked or if there is no water coming out then I'd say it's most likely there is either a hose disconnected somewhere or the washer bottle itself is gunged up?

minibob
5th February 2011, 05:12 PM
I had the same problem with my girl friends car 2 weeks ago if you lift of the cap on the wiper and scoosh it if water comes out result its just the cap a good cleen out should fix it. If not (like my girl friends) i removed the plastic cover on the back of the tailgate you should now see the back of the wiper motor and the screen wash hose. Pop off the hose and try again (get some one to help as it might spray in the boot :hand:) Mine worked hear so it was the hole through the wiper motor that was blocked. So i took the back of the motor and got a drill that fitted nice and tight i think it was 5mm but i would need to check and gently drilled all the crap out the hole the drill wasn't long enough so had to do it from both ends it sill wasn't right through so i poked out the rest with a piece of a metal coat hanger put it all back together and :yes nod: its mint :thumbs up:

hope this helps

bob