PDA

View Full Version : Buying wheels off e-bay

Neil - TXJ
21st January 2011, 10:53 PM
Hi.

I have seen some wheels I like on e-bay. Could anybody suggest questions to ask the seller to make sure they are 'genuine' mini alloys.

Thanks.

Craig
21st January 2011, 11:32 PM
If you put up a link, there is a good chance we can work out if they are genuine or not ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil - TXJ
21st January 2011, 11:43 PM
Tried to post link but on phone so hope it has worked.

http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=260721462433&sv=Genuine%20mini%20wheels&emvcc=0

Forbes
22nd January 2011, 09:24 AM
Haven't seen many reps of them. They look to be ok. What is their history like?

Craig
22nd January 2011, 10:10 AM
Looks like they have been refurbed as I don't think MINI put them out with a Matt Black finish in the centre... Remember, these wheels will corrode like crazy, so you will have to get them repaired prob while you own them. FOr the price, I think there are better out there that are new and not refurbed. ;) Just my opinion tho..

Neil - TXJ
22nd January 2011, 10:34 AM
Looks like they have been refurbed as I don't think MINI put them out with a Matt Black finish in the centre... Remember, these wheels will corrode like crazy, so you will have to get them repaired prob while you own them. FOr the price, I think there are better out there that are new and not refurbed. ;) Just my opinion tho..

Thanks. Have you any suggestions of where to look for wheels because these looked a good price compared to what I have seen but could be looking in the wrong places.

Haven't seen many reps of them. They look to be ok. What is their history like?

Cheers. I need to find out more about their history if I decide to make a bid

Craig
22nd January 2011, 10:48 AM
Most of the mini forums always have users selling wheels to upgrade or because they want a change. And because they are an enthusiast they are normally kept in good condition. :thumbs up:

Alloywheelsdirect.net also do genuine wheels that are brand new, but they are a bit pricier, but not as much as a dealer. ;)

Neil - TXJ
22nd January 2011, 12:29 PM
Most of the mini forums always have users selling wheels to upgrade or because they want a change. And because they are an enthusiast they are normally kept in good condition. :thumbs up:

Alloywheelsdirect.net also do genuine wheels that are brand new, but they are a bit pricier, but not as much as a dealer. ;)

Thanks Craig. Have looked at Alloywheelsdirect but feedback on the site has not been great so thought best to avoid. Will keep a look out and thanks for the input.

GCA3N
22nd January 2011, 03:45 PM
I think they are genuine, great feedback to from the seller always a good thing too.

Big Gordy
22nd January 2011, 06:39 PM
Craig has a cracking set of original alloys for sale on this very site :thumbs up:

Neil - TXJ
22nd January 2011, 11:56 PM
I think they are genuine, great feedback to from the seller always a good thing too.

Thanks and a very important point.

Neil - TXJ
22nd January 2011, 11:57 PM
Craig has a cracking set of original alloys for sale on this very site :thumbs up:

Agree but don't need the winter tyres

GCA3N
23rd January 2011, 12:39 PM
Agree but don't need the winter tyres

Sell them on I reckon you'd sell the tyres no probs.