PDA

View Full Version : a bit of advice?

lamdacore
20th January 2011, 07:19 PM
Hey hey!

as per previous introductory post, I'm looking at a mini one (02 plate 53k - chilli pack), the dealer is looking for about 4500 for it, is that a good price?

Also, what does the chilli pack include over a standard mini one?

if further information needed, I can give link to dealers website?

cheers

ally

Forbes
20th January 2011, 07:21 PM
Depends what you want. Nowadays you can get a similar plated/mileage S for the same cheddar

Chilli pack makes life more bareable in the MINI, forgotten what the exact extras are but is a must especially in a MINI one. I would never buy a MINI without it

lamdacore
20th January 2011, 07:24 PM
I can't afford the additional premium for an S as I've not had my licence for that long - used to ride motorcycles, otherwise I'd go for an S, but to be fair, I've not checked insurance for an S.hmmmmm *heads to autotrader*

Gismo
20th January 2011, 07:30 PM
Chili pack includes, heated washer jets and mirrors, but, most importantly the cruise control.
A well specced ONE with the addition of a remap will easily perform as well as a Cooper, depending on the suspension and depending on the ability of the driver will keep up with a poorly driven S :Whistle:

The Dogfather
20th January 2011, 07:32 PM
Depends what you want. Nowadays you can get a similar plated/mileage S for the same cheddar

Chilli pack makes life more bareable in the MINI, forgotten what the exact extras are but is a must especially in a MINI one. I would never buy a MINI without it

I thought Chilli pack was only available on Coopers and Cooper S's

lamdacore
20th January 2011, 07:33 PM
if I post link to car, can someone confirm if it good or not? (also if it deffo has cruise control?) the dealer also has a cooper too, which is a 52 reg for same price, however mileage is at 70k....

KenL
20th January 2011, 09:53 PM
I thought Chilli pack was only available on Coopers and Cooper S's

Correct. SALT pack for the ONE, in those days at least.

lamdacore
20th January 2011, 10:25 PM
Correct. SALT pack for the ONE, in those days at least.

Ahh cool. Decided to go for one. Putting deposit down on sat me thinks. What should I look for ? Both in terms for "chilli pack" features and also general mini things?

Mon the fish
21st January 2011, 08:19 AM
Ask about the gearbox - the gearboxes on the Ones/Coopers before mid 2004 were awful - prone to breaking. Might have been done under warranty.

A late 2004 car would be a better buy IMO if you could stretch that far as the gearbox was uprated from then on

ianking
21st January 2011, 01:33 PM
The chilli was and still is unavailable for a one. In late 2003 the pepper became available for a one but as the car you are looking at is a 2002 it will either be no pack or a salt pack.
with a one at that age the quickest give away will be if its got a rev counter and if its got the front fog lights. These were both part of the salt pack at that age.

lamdacore
21st January 2011, 05:00 PM
this is the car below:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_popup.jsp?did=134278&pageid=2&originalid=&gid=nogroup&tid=7&start=10&distance=0&adcategory=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=201103377496537

what you guys think?

Gismo
22nd January 2011, 01:07 AM
Maybe you would consider this Cooper (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?21698-2003-Mini-Cooper-**-Low-Miles-**-High-Spec**)

kerrbryan
22nd January 2011, 01:17 AM
Maybe you would consider this Cooper (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?21698-2003-Mini-Cooper-**-Low-Miles-**-High-Spec**)

Thats the one i would go for buddy

RobSco
22nd January 2011, 01:47 AM

No Comparision - This One Wins Hands Down and if I had to pick one between the two I would go for this one... :thumbs up:

But at the end of the day you do what you think is best for yourself and what you like the most, but choose wisely... :yes nod:

Big Gordy
22nd January 2011, 10:10 AM
But at the end of the day you do what you think is best for yourself and what you like the most, but choose wisely... :yes nod:

Wise words Obe Wan:smilewinkgrin:

mini-pea
22nd January 2011, 10:34 AM

yeah i agree with this guy :thumbs up:
:yes nod::smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

lamdacore
22nd January 2011, 11:13 AM
Cheers for all the tips guys. Thanks again to minipea too for help. going this afternoon to see the one, will let you know how I get on :)

mini-pea
22nd January 2011, 11:31 AM
Cheers for all the tips guys. Thanks again to minipea too for help. going this afternoon to see the one, will let you know how I get on :)

good to chat to you mate, hope the Mini One works out.... let us know how u get on :)