PDA

View Full Version : Van hire

euan
20th July 2004, 07:31 PM
I need your help again folks....

I need to hire a van this weekend in Edinburgh, Saturday to Monday. Anyone got any recommendations? I need an astra van type size.

Thanks in advance!

sh@z
20th July 2004, 07:33 PM
WHITE VAN MAN ALERT

LOL

dont know where u can hire a van tbh mate, im sure someone will be able to help you out

GAJ
20th July 2004, 07:44 PM
Used Arnold Clarke a few times without any problems. Worth phoning about though cause rates vary a lot.

Do not use Good News hire company though. I'm sure they may be fine now but i once hired a van (about 10 years ago, but I'm still not over it, I need therapy!)and it was a heap of $h!t! The tyres were bald, the brakes were knackered the back doors wouldn't lock and the sliding side door wouldn't open!

I tried to get my money back and the owner of the company just told me to bugger off!

I'm still furious!

Monsta Mo Mini
20th July 2004, 08:39 PM
Bradbury Motors (who used to be on Brunswick Road) are excellent and cheap...

...but I dinnae know where they've moved to.

euan
20th July 2004, 10:49 PM
well, got it sorted through Enterprise. Got the web site price instead of the "normal" price after i complained that I could not find the book it button (I swear, it's not there ANYWHERE!). So will see what they are like.

Arnold Clark were very helpful and could do everything, however I would have had to pick it up in Livingston, which is not ideal.

Thanks everybody!

and white van man - ALL the websites show the vans in red. I'm sure thats deliberate!