PDA

View Full Version : F&M Scottish Power 2004 - Aberdeen 15th August

Julz
20th July 2004, 07:14 PM
Just thought I'd post a wee flyer for this, thought about the club stand, but spoke to the guys and they said it was more aimed at the cruise clubs and other such neds, but we could if we wanted to!!:approve:

http://www.fastandmodified.com/FAM_pages/eventspage2.html

Nenah
27th July 2004, 12:27 AM
Hi Julz - I've got tickets for this so I'll see you there. Let me know if there are any plans for meeting up before/after for drink or whatever.

minidriver#1
27th July 2004, 01:47 AM
we should have a club stand

Nenah
28th July 2004, 01:58 AM
Yes, good idea...anyone else from Aberdeen coming along?

M4XNS
8th August 2004, 12:01 AM
Nenah,

Me and Colin planning on going along for a look, so hopefully see you there :cool:

sleepyrascal
8th August 2004, 12:41 AM
I'm going.

miniFEF
8th August 2004, 07:14 PM
so is there gonna be a clubstand? sure with some of the cars we have they wouldnt say know?!

sleepyrascal
9th August 2004, 10:52 AM
So whats the plan for fast n mod show?? Are we having a stand or not? I think It would draw some interest! What time is everyone heading down there??

sleepyrascal
9th August 2004, 10:54 AM
Another thing. If we have a club stand, presumably we will get a discount on entry of some kind. Or it might be free!?!? is a tenner for a ticket! ouch!

Julz
9th August 2004, 04:03 PM
Might be a bit short notice for a club stand seeing as it's this weekend. I will ask Fraz if there is enough interest, which there doesn't seem to be so far!!:disapprove:

sleepyrascal
9th August 2004, 10:07 PM
THATS SUCKS!!!! :mad:

Oh well, i'll see you all there no doubt. I think a NMS stand would have been a nice attraction for the show! Nevermind!

See you Sunday :D

Julz
10th August 2004, 04:14 PM
Not sure if I'm definately going, shows are a bit of a pain in the rear as it wastes your whole weekend, and I'm still sorting the Harvest Run. So mibee see you, mibee not!!:approve:

Julz
12th August 2004, 05:29 PM
Well, I got my display card thingy yesterday as I'm in the feature cars and Top 100 category thingys, but looks unlikely that I'll be going now due to the possibility of our house floating away (which it almost did last night:dead:) seeing as near enough every road around us is closed, except, typically the one to Dundee:evil:.

sleepyrascal
12th August 2004, 07:09 PM
GET THE ARMBANDS JULZ!!!

Nenah
12th August 2004, 08:14 PM
My mate has a HunVee (or a BV206 Track Vehicle) that I can send down and rescue you and your car, Julz!

What time is everyone else planning to arrive on Sunday? Does anyone want to agree a planned meeting spot?

sleepyrascal
12th August 2004, 08:22 PM
Well i'm going down Nenah, not sure what time. Any time I guess. If people are meeting up thats cool with me.

minidriver#1
13th August 2004, 09:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah-M3RPM

My mate has a HunVee (or a BV206 Track Vehicle) that I can send down and rescue you and your car, Julz!

What time is everyone else planning to arrive on Sunday? Does anyone want to agree a planned meeting spot?

You mean a humvee? or a hummer?

Nenah
13th August 2004, 10:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ
You mean a humvee? or a hummer?

He has both...he owns a company called tartantanks and has just about every army assult/carrier machine you can think of - ever done tank paintball? Your have to line up the tank firing arm thingy (not actual technical term) and shoot a ball of paint and try hit targets (not wildlife as we once did once :eek:..by mistake, honest!)...way cool fun!:cool:

Edit:- repaired quotation Where's Gaj ;)

MartinSullivan
13th August 2004, 10:35 PM
www.tartantanks.com - Nenah, that looks cool. We have been looking for team building things at work, so I have just put that in as an option

Nenah
13th August 2004, 11:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

www.tartantanks.com - Nenah, that looks cool. We have been looking for team building things at work, so I have just put that in as an option

...and may I ask whether you require an event manager to help you?:p ut if you want to go with these guys let me know as may be able to source good package with them for you.

MartinSullivan
13th August 2004, 11:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah-M3RPM
...and may I ask whether you require an event manager to help you?:p

Shameless plug or what :p
Will let you know , everyone here seems keen, apart from the boss - who has to pay :mad: - but we are even talking about sorting it out amongst ourselves.

miniFEF
14th August 2004, 12:25 AM
hey guys just sayin il be at the show on sun think im going to be in it!! Fraz from fast and modified got in touch so he is sortin out a pass. so where you guys meeting then?

sleepyrascal
14th August 2004, 12:37 AM
arite FEF. Sorry for not actually recognising you at the Hilton. I have the memory of a thing that has no memory when it comes to faces!!

Thats pretty cool that your car will be part of the show. Shame we wont have a stand there anymore!

I'll be heading down at some point. Havn't heard from anyone who said they were heading there yet, so i guess the meeting up idea has been forgotten!

miniFEF
14th August 2004, 01:36 AM
cheers! and dont worry about the other nite i prob would of been the same if i hadnt noticed your car!! i know it would of been great havin a stand. well if you see me then by all means come over for a chat. hopefully see there!

MartinSullivan
14th August 2004, 02:03 AM
we will be going at some stage but cant guarantee when, depends when i can drag myself out of bed.

Nenah
14th August 2004, 03:13 AM
I'm definately going - my other half is in alaska so gpong solo - I'm keen to make a time to meet some people rather than wander around like 'scot no friends! I plan to get there for 11am - 12noon?

MartinSullivan
14th August 2004, 03:48 AM
11:30 at one of the cafes at the beach - or the McDonalds???

Nenah
14th August 2004, 03:56 AM
McDonalds at 11.30 is a good idea - might need a hangover cure! Anyone else keen to meet at 11.30 with us?

MartinSullivan
14th August 2004, 04:27 AM
Do they sell champagne at McD's??? :p

Ok see u there, anyone else care to join us just tag along

Nenah
14th August 2004, 06:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Do they sell champagne at McD's??? :p

Ok see u there, anyone else care to join us just tag along
God! I wish - one large McBollie meal to go - hold the fries!

sleepyrascal
14th August 2004, 10:27 AM
Hey folks. Have to take a quick stop at auto glass on the way. Some random piece of A96 decided to attack my window and smash it. Nice. It's an insurance job though. Thats at 9:30am, so i'll hopefully see you for a McBollie at 11:30am.

Thats if I manage to drag my ass out of bed. It's now 2:40am and the corona was flowing tonight!!

r15col
14th August 2004, 07:18 PM
Hi guys,

I'm up for meeting at McD's at that time, not sure if i'll be husbandless or not depends if we go out tonite !!

Sleepyrascal did i see you in the palmer last nite ???

M4XNS
14th August 2004, 07:20 PM
Hello again,

Jst realised Still signed in, in hubby's name again AAARRGGGHH !!!!!

So yeah i'll c u on Sunday

sleepyrascal
14th August 2004, 09:49 PM
Just realised the show is on sunday. not todya. DOH!

sleepyrascal
14th August 2004, 09:50 PM
Yeh I was in the PC. Were you. I take it you were!

MartinSullivan
14th August 2004, 09:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Just realised the show is on sunday. not todya. DOH!

DOH!!! I did wonder when you said you would be recovering from being out on Friday night :D

M4XNS
15th August 2004, 03:27 AM
Yeah bit of a work thing FEF said he saw you but I only saw you briefly. Mind you i was in there from 5 o'clock !!

Just trying to motivate myself to go and wash my motor for tomorrow but really can't be bothered.:sleepy:

I take it you're not heading out again tonight then !!

sleepyrascal
15th August 2004, 05:03 AM
Tonight, it's Saturday! Obviously i'm heading out again!!!!! Got a party out milltimber direction somewhere. Just home from up north. Nice 550 mile round trip just to pick up a bloody usb stick.

I didn't see FEF there but I know his work lot were there. So you were in the PC since 5. Thats pretty good going! I ended up in Paramount, met my ex, she started annoying me, so I came home. BOOO!!

M4XNS
15th August 2004, 05:22 AM
Very impressed,

Not up for another night on the booze, rather be in my car with no headaches in the morning ;)

We ended up in Liquid then Espionage then Nargile for some food. Usually the best part of the night but last night there was a massive fight :blackeye:

Looking forward to tommorrow, if I were you I'd be at McD's earlier for a hangover curing Sausage & Egg McMuffin :D

sleepyrascal
15th August 2004, 09:58 AM
LIQUID!!!! NO NO NO!!:disapprove: That place is rubbish. Espionage is acceptable. Don't you just get bored with liquid. It's always the same people/music/atmosphere. Mind you, so is espo most of the time. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN ABERDEEN!!!

Just home. I'm a bit peeved that it costs a tenner to get in 2 the show! My sis and her fiancee are coming along with me so they will be with me at mc'ds in the morning.

Did you manage to get your car cleaned? I didnt. Might have a crack at it in the morning.

So is the PC your local, or were you just there as a one off. Just relised your from inverurie so the palmer would hardly be your local!! DOH!!

Nenah
15th August 2004, 07:09 PM
Hello - Martin? Sleeprascal? Paul? - I'm sick - and I dont mean hangover sick I mean proper flu or cold sick. I dont have anyones telephone numbers to let you know I cant make it donw to McDonalds to meet you. So sorry..Ive got really bad vertigo/nausia when I stand up and there is no way I can drive my car. I hope you see this before you leave - really POed! as bought my tickets 5 weeks ago and so keen. Sorry!!!! :(

MartinSullivan
15th August 2004, 11:32 PM
Just got back from the F&M show in Aberdeen. Plenty of nice cars to look at. It was good to meet up with John and Euan at McD's.

Below are some pics from todays show - just of the mini's really. Sorry you couldnt make it Nenah, hope you are feeling better soon.

Julz's Car, sorry we never got to see you Julz, car was looking good though

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00460137f00000001.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00460137f00000025.jpg

Few shots of MiniFEF - Jordan

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00460137f00000011.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00460137f00000012.jpg

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00460137f00000013.jpg

Margarets Cooper

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00460137f00000002.jpg

sleepyrascal
16th August 2004, 02:53 AM
hey folks. I arrived at the show, got a phoe call from my sis, and had to go get her after being there for only ten mins. When I got back I couldn't find anyone. Oh I met maxine on the way out. Sorr I didnt recognise you at first!! I didn't see you either when I got back to the show. Nevermind. It wasn't worth 10 quid, but it was good!

Who was the guy with the black mini, chrome wheels, just up from Julz car? Reg ended in CAR and it had an NMS sticker on it...

MartinSullivan
16th August 2004, 03:07 AM
Sorry Sleepy, once we got inside we lost sight of you really quickly, it was only when we got back to our car that we realised you had left.

Dunno, whos the black car was, did try to find out. Sure Julz or Jordan will be able to tell us.

Like you said - not really worth a tenner, but not bad

M4XNS
16th August 2004, 07:24 PM
I ended up being there till the bitter end, never spoke to black or blue coopers along from Julz !!

Did meet a guy called Eric thru Jordan that parked beside me outside, very nice red cooper with black stripes and bodykit.:approve:

Really nice to meet Julz at last, martin sorry I missed you. Did speak to John briefly.

Was totally late for McD's as had to pick up a friend and buy a pair of shoes(don't ask) !!

Oh and I know what you mean about liquid, but espo was ok last nite after a good few right enough. Pc is really a work local but as you may have guessed always have a bit of a prob getting home

sleepyrascal
16th August 2004, 07:49 PM
SO your a Hilton lass Max?

miniFEF
16th August 2004, 09:36 PM
hey guys yeah show was really good! so proud of my wee car! was nice meetin julz eventually and some of the other mini owners. the guy with the chrome wheels black cooper is from glasgow he is known as "Quik" on here think thats wot he said! and the blue one with the carzone kit belongs to a guy called pete so gave him details of the site.

Nenah
17th August 2004, 02:00 AM
Great pic's Martin. Sorry I couldnt be there guys - turns out I have a middle ear infection called Vertigo (and I thought that was a movie?) which explains the unbalanced dizzy spells (no alchole required)..hope to be steady on my feet for Saturday.

M4XNS
17th August 2004, 03:22 AM
quote:SO your a Hilton lass Max?

yeah, fraid so !

best bit about it is the drive there and home !!!

Julz
17th August 2004, 05:44 PM
Finally made it online, had a day in my bed yesterday as my flu like symptoms were kind enough to hold off until about 7pm on sunday!! Show was pretty good, even though my amazing raffle winning capabilities didn't allow me to win the Skyline:(. Rather proud of my wee babe, big thanks to Rob for spending 4 hours removing my wheels and cleaning them!!:clown: Also big thanks to John and Nikki for keeping us company while we got sunburnt!! Good to meet all of you that I've never met before!;) The black mini was Pete aka quik_mini and the blue carzone mini was presented with a flyer;)

sleepyrascal
17th August 2004, 05:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by M4XNS

quote:SO your a Hilton lass Max?

yeah, fraid so !

best bit about it is the drive there and home !!!

I see. I knw loads of folk that work there. Danny, Gogs, EK, Michael Kelly bla bla.. I have applied fr a job in the gym but aint heard back yet :disapprove:

Julz
18th August 2004, 10:51 PM
Finally found some pics to show you why NOT to let a model sit on your car!! Scroll down (past the pic of that rather nice mini!) to the blue Pug and look at the roof!! Bummer, or bum prints as the case may be!!:(:mad:

Owwwwwwwwwww (http://www.inverness-cruise.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=171)

miniFEF
19th August 2004, 07:43 AM
hey julz - that would be my mates blue pug!! he was rather gutted! thought he was all the rage when she was sittin there then that happened!

sleepyrascal
19th August 2004, 07:45 AM
I saw her. I'll take the dent!