PDA

View Full Version : New Ferrari sounds AMAZING!

N16SHP
18th January 2011, 08:44 PM
Here is a wee snippet of the new Ferrari getting tested. Listen to the pops and bangs on the over-run, if only my R56 sounded like that!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI9zFAFAprg&feature=player_embedded

Mini Ecosse
18th January 2011, 08:53 PM
Yes, amazing :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Sounds just like my JCW :lol::lol:

MrMischief
18th January 2011, 11:58 PM
It could easily sound like that with an antilag kit - well, similar :yes nod:

My old boy had a test run of a 458 around the country roads in Maranello, it sounds quite beefy from the cabin & it didn't go on fire :hand: Will dig out the footage if I get a chance.

ELFMAN
19th January 2011, 09:37 AM
It actually sounds as if it's applauding itself on the over-run! :D

zimbo
19th January 2011, 10:14 AM
Mmmm looks like they were using a go-kart track :rolleyes: :frown: ...and it has squeaky brakes too oh dear oh dear :Whistle:

ELFMAN
19th January 2011, 12:48 PM
Thought I recognised this - it was in 'Evo' magazine. Not technically a 'New Ferrari' though, well it is, but not in the 'Production' sense. It's a kind of 'Homage' to Ferrari's 60's Sports Racers.

Here's a quote from EVO: (www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/262285/ferrari_p45c_shakedown.html)
"P4/5 Competizione has passed its first shakedown test at the Autodromo di Franciacorta in Italy. This is a one-off creation built from a Ferrari F430 GT2 to compete in the Nurburgring 24-hour race, and has reputedly cost it's owner, James Glickenhaus, a cool £3million. You can read the full build story in the current issue of evo."

Mr. Glickenhaus had the 'P4/5 by Pininfarina' before this, based on an Enzo which was even given official approval by Ferrari. I think it was purely a road car, whereas (as it says above) this one is based on the 430 and for racing. He must have a few pennies, Mr. G. Hope he doesn't stuff it into the armco on the first lap!

Zimbo - Re Squeaky Brakes - not much chance of competition brakes getting to operating temperature on that wee track - or maybe that was Mr. G's kids squealing as they watched their inheritance going around and around...