PDA

View Full Version : Mg bgt

john
15th January 2011, 07:46 PM
Just bought an MG BGT, heading to Grimsby to collect it tomorrow morning.

Craig
15th January 2011, 08:09 PM
Nice one.... chrome bumper I hope.... ;)

V8?

john
15th January 2011, 08:23 PM
Nice one.... chrome bumper I hope.... ;)

V8?

I was looking for chrome bumper model and founf this Rubber bumper one and a cracking price instead. I dont want a V8 or an MGC as the idea was to buy something fun that will slow me down but still put a smile on my face.

If you fancy a road trip im heading down early hours so I can get there reasonably early and get home before bedtime.

Craig
15th January 2011, 09:19 PM
I was looking for chrome bumper model and founf this Rubber bumper one and a cracking price instead. I dont want a V8 or an MGC as the idea was to buy something fun that will slow me down but still put a smile on my face.

If you fancy a road trip im heading down early hours so I can get there reasonably early and get home before bedtime.

ah, ok, there is method there.... ;)

no can do I'm afraid John, I'm booked out to Mrs D tomorrow as I was valeting a brand new XC60 today..(it was nice :thumbs up:)

Enjoy the trip, weather tomorrow is supposed to be fairly nice compared to today...

Gismo
16th January 2011, 12:04 AM
Nice one :thumbs up:
Hurry back for the COD fest :knife:

john
16th January 2011, 10:54 PM
I'm home from my 956 mile round trip but sadly the MGBGT was nothing like described an very disapointing so I returned home without it. (the search continues)

Craig
16th January 2011, 11:42 PM
That's sh*t John :frown:

Hope you find what your looking for ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baptie
16th January 2011, 11:44 PM
thats what I looked into before I caught the Mini bug, still like em but prefer mini.
I am sure you will find another example better than the one you found, all the best.

Gismo
16th January 2011, 11:44 PM
I hope you gave the guy a right earfull, waster

GCA3N
16th January 2011, 11:55 PM
1000 miles for nowt nightmare.

I once drove to Manchester for a car. Said to the guy look if it's crap say so but he assured me it was in tip top condition, still have it 3 years later.

You must be well pissed off.

zimbo
17th January 2011, 07:51 AM
That sucks John, I'd be rageing :ragin: after travelling all that way, like the wee man said I too hope you gave him/her an earful :yes nod:

ianking
17th January 2011, 09:21 AM
John

You fancy an MG Midget, Ive got one sitting in my garage.

ELFMAN
17th January 2011, 09:34 AM
My pal Bill has one too Ian, but it's in 'Kit Form'... he took it bits years ago to restore it, but then got married and bought a house, so the wee Midget's been in pieces ever since.

I remember years ago I had my heart set on an MGBGT after having a shot in a friend's car, but saw so many DOGS that I actually gave up, scunnered!

john
17th January 2011, 02:27 PM
John

You fancy an MG Midget, Ive got one sitting in my garage.

Tell me more

john
17th January 2011, 02:31 PM
Good news today, after insuring the MGB on saturday and taking out breakdown cover too I contacted Adrian Flux and they have cancelled the policy without any fees other than the two days I was covered from the insurance company so it only cost me £20

Plus a hired car and loads of fuel.

Brian Pirie came along and we had quite a laugh so it was a good day out even if it was a fecking long one.

indigomatt
17th January 2011, 05:00 PM
John ~ A work colleague may be selling his MGB GT in April, PM me nearer the time if you’re still on the market for one then or want more details the now...

Ian ~ can you post a photo's of the Midget, does it have a current MOT...?

Ta, Matthew.

Stewart
17th January 2011, 07:14 PM
Always wanted a 1959 AUSTIN HEALEY myself, I’d love to do the run up to Durness in one.

Good luck with the MG!

There is a Garage that sells only Classics in Thornton-le-Dale in the Yorkshire Dales, the prices he has might be out a wack for the cars but I always go in and have a look. Its the one thing I think I would do if the Lottery came up would be to go out and buy the Stupidly over priced new Aston or Ferrari or Lambo, I’d have a no expense spared new Works Mini and a few Classics.

ianking
17th January 2011, 08:14 PM
the midget is a 1979 with 80odd thousand miles on it. Pretty sure the MOT is until May2011.
Its kind of light blue in colour. Very solid little car. Nice set of mini lite alloys

It actually belongs to a friend of mine. He bought it for his daughter to learn in and she doesnt like it.
Its been painted before he bought it but its not been refinished very well so Ive stuck it away in my garage over the winter and will be wet sanding the whole thing and machine polishing it back.
He is going to sell it and get something different.
Its just had new back brakes.

Ive only driven it about 3 miles to bring it up the road to my house but it drives well.

GP BILLY
17th January 2011, 08:53 PM
The right car will be there for you John:thumbs up: OR how about a fast midget:smilewinkgrin:
Click here for a very fooooookin fast midget (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150549154697&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3D R40%26_trksid%3Dp4522.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D15054915 4697%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1)

john
18th January 2011, 12:18 PM
The right car will be there for you John:thumbs up: OR how about a fast midget:smilewinkgrin:
Click here for a very fooooookin fast midget (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150549154697&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3D R40%26_trksid%3Dp4522.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D15054915 4697%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1)

Yup I have seen that already but the idea is to slow me down not kill myself :smilewinkgrin:

john
18th January 2011, 12:20 PM
Going to look at another MG this weekend ( close to home) and also a TR7, failing that then I might come and have a look at the Midget, MGB in May (more info please)

ianking
18th January 2011, 01:16 PM
John
Let me know how you get on at the weekend then if you are interested I can email you some pics of the midget. I havent taken any pics of it as yet.

john
18th January 2011, 01:33 PM
John
Let me know how you get on at the weekend then if you are interested I can email you some pics of the midget. I havent taken any pics of it as yet.

excellent :thumbs up:

john
24th January 2011, 02:12 PM
Car found, collecting tonight, new thread will comence soon as it's not an MGB

Gismo
24th January 2011, 04:20 PM
Car found, collecting tonight, new thread will comence soon as it's not an MGBooh i wonder what it is :Whistle:

GCA3N
24th January 2011, 04:29 PM
Very exciting what is it.:D

Big Gordy
24th January 2011, 09:36 PM
Trabant....:yes nod:

ianking
25th January 2011, 09:15 AM
Moskovitz? :smilewinkgrin:

john
25th January 2011, 10:14 AM
Tr7

ianking
25th January 2011, 11:29 AM
Tr7

V8

zimbo
25th January 2011, 11:57 AM
Is this you going through your mid-life crises is it John? :D

john
25th January 2011, 12:15 PM
Is this you going through your mid-life crises is it John? :D

If it is then i'm going to reach 104

john
25th January 2011, 12:17 PM
V8

This one is a standard 2.0 un molested. (to slow me down)
however................................I am going to look at a very very quick V8 convertible one on wednesday ;) (nice track toy)

Watch this space.

ELFMAN
25th January 2011, 12:30 PM
I really fancy an MGC, with sorted suspension, brakes, triple carbs and 200BHP... on Minilites of course! Company down south, MG Motorsport... if I ever get rid of the MINI....

ianking
25th January 2011, 02:03 PM
however................................I am going to look at a very very quick V8 convertible one on wednesday ;) (nice track toy)

Watch this space.

You just cant beat the noise of a Rover V8.

ELFMAN
25th January 2011, 03:02 PM
You just cant beat the noise of a Rover V8.

Sorry :off topic:
Ian, I'll see your Rover V8 (a fine wee motor) and raise you a Blown and Nitrous'd Big Block Chevy! :motoring: :shut up::thumbs up:

... or as an alternative to the V8s, a nice tuned straight 6 like a Big Healey (or MGC) :yes nod:

weefossy
25th January 2011, 06:54 PM
Straight Six Healey ...... now your talking.....drool droool .....
please Sioban for my birthday....lol :frown:

GP BILLY
30th January 2011, 09:45 PM

Watch this space.

How did you get on with the convertible ?

here my v8 TR John:thumbs up: (turn you volume up:yes nod:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRMrj_RvgHs

john
31st January 2011, 03:35 PM
How did you get on with the convertible ?

here my v8 TR John:thumbs up:

I have bought it, but im currently offshore, cant wait to collect it.

It was built from a new shell by a friend of mine but he never finished it as he had a few other projects too,
it was then sold to the current owner, he finished it and has done less than 2000 miles in it as he has been working overseas and the caar was in storage.
When Hugh (first owner) started the build he gusseted the rear suspension pick up points for strength and moved the bulkhead to get the engine further back for better handling. it has Bilstein suspension all round, four pot callipers big valve heads and a mean cam too with a Holley to pump it full of expensive gogo juice.

I will keep you posted.

(ps not seen your video yet) will watch it when i get back onshore tonight.