PDA

View Full Version : Valentino and the 2011 Ducati unveiled....

Big Gordy
13th January 2011, 01:16 PM
...at the spectacular Madonna di Campiglio ski resort......NICE:yes nod:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/January/jan1211-rossi-2011-ducati/

Seems Vale's shoulder injury last year was a lot worse than was first expected:frown: He recons the shoulder wont be 100% for the first race:thud:
I think this season is gonna be a cracker:thumbs up:
My tips for the season ahead.......
Watch out for Stoner who I think will be blisteringly fast on the Honda (if he can stay on it:rolleyes:)
Hayden who is now gelling nicely with the Ducati and after Rossi's input the front end issues should be banished:thumbs up:
And how can you not back Vale :cool: (he could be riding a scooter and he'd still be fast:p)

N16SHP
13th January 2011, 04:10 PM
WOW! Beautiful looking bike. I love the classic styling of the graphics! It's funny, you'd think that i'd be happy that my team has acquired the GOAT, but i'm still not coming round to it yet!!

Penny Louise
13th January 2011, 06:29 PM
I have weekend tickets for the MotoGP at Silverstone in June this year!! So excited!!

Gismo
13th January 2011, 07:00 PM
I have weekend tickets for the MotoGP at Silverstone in June this year!! So excited!!I'm just waiting on confirmation of a new contract and rota and hopefully i'll get to Indianapolis this year :thumbs up:

zimbo
14th January 2011, 11:18 AM
WooHoo AWESOME, I've been waiting for the pics of the new bike for ages now, and I'm not disappointed... :clap:

I too cannot wait for this years racing to start :p and I think this years is going to be a cracking season and I think the one guy who could be the one to keep an eye out for battling with all the usual suspects will be Ben Spies now that he has a great bike/Team this year :yes nod: so this is just going to add to the excitement this year!!

Come on Doc :clap:

euan
14th January 2011, 04:01 PM
Looks cracking, but here's a question (I'm not a massive bike or regulations person) for those in the know - are they allowed to put winglets on it? I think they look naff and run the risk of these bikes going all F1 with bits sprouting all over them.

Big Gordy
14th January 2011, 10:55 PM
Yes they're allowed to put winglets on:thumbs up:Stoner ran them the tail end of last season to see if they could help with the front end issues he was having:rolleyes:
As far as I know the only limitation they have is a maximum weight....not including the rider...that's why wee Danni Pedrosa is always first out of the blocks as he only weighs about 6 stone soaking wet:rolleyes: They all have anti wheelie and a form of traction control fitted.....not ABS tho:confused: This year is the last of the 800 I believe as they're going to 1000's next season which should suit the likes of Hayden and the rest of the rear wheel steering brigade:yes nod:

Gismo
18th January 2011, 06:01 AM
Not so sure i like the yellow on the Duc :idunno:
Just doesn't look right to me

euan
18th January 2011, 11:08 AM
Yes they're allowed to put winglets on:thumbs up:Stoner ran them the tail end of last season to see if they could help with the front end issues he was having:rolleyes:
As far as I know the only limitation they have is a maximum weight....not including the rider...that's why wee Danni Pedrosa is always first out of the blocks as he only weighs about 6 stone soaking wet:rolleyes: They all have anti wheelie and a form of traction control fitted.....not ABS tho:confused: This year is the last of the 800 I believe as they're going to 1000's next season which should suit the likes of Hayden and the rest of the rear wheel steering brigade:yes nod:

Thanks for that, I guess with that much power and no weight they need traction control though as you could see in F1 it became too clever and anyone could drive the car quickly (Massa...).

I much prefer series where the engineers are allowed to do some more interesting designs - Le Mans is the same as they have many ways to get the same effect.

zimbo
18th January 2011, 11:36 AM
Not so sure i like the yellow on the Duc :idunno:
Just doesn't look right to me

I quite like it, it looks different. plus I think that that colour comes with Rossi as part of his contracts so to speak so you'll maybe find Ducati had to include it on his bike somewhere... I cant wait to see it and even hear it in the flesh!! :clap:

It looks like a big heavy bike :frown:

Gismo
18th January 2011, 02:15 PM
I think that that colour comes with Rossi as part of his contracts so to speak so you'll maybe find Ducati had to include it on his bike somewhereYep, i understand that, i just don't think it works

lamdacore
20th January 2011, 07:51 PM
Looks alright, the squarish design with the block ducati logo has connotations of retro. I can't say I'm a huge fan of Rossi's trademark "yellow" 46 and rear seat unit, but as mentioned before I'd imagine its contractual (more from Rossi stipulating that its a requirement) as the 'lazy dog' logo seems to have been on every seat unit since his nsr 500 days.
I'm not entirely sure Rossi will win this year, as he has a tendancy to be runner up when on a new bike over a season, (from his early 125gp days) then the following year blitz everyone. Additionally, he'll need to get used to the Ducatis slightly longer wheelbase compared to the m1's. It'll be a good season without a doubt though. Also quite interesting to see Rossi and Hayden paired up again with one another after Hayden won the championship a few years ago. Hayden, I doubt will be up for playing rider no2 for the 2nd consecutive year, particularly playing 2nd fiddle to Rossi under the same colours again.

Finger's crossed for either Donnington or Assen this year though...

Gismo
21st January 2011, 12:47 AM
I'm not entirely sure Rossi will win this year, as he has a tendancy to be runner up when on a new bike over a season, (from his early 125gp days) then the following year blitz everyoneHe won on his first outing for Yamaha :thumbs up:

lamdacore
21st January 2011, 01:50 AM
He won on his first outing for Yamaha :thumbs up:

True, but I think he had a serious, serious point to prove given all the criticism he had when riding the Honda. Everyone was putting it down to the bike, plus they ensured Rossi couldn't ride the yam for testing untill the day after the Honda contract expired, so I think that gave hum.even more motivation to prove that a) it wasn't the bike that was winning and b) to give a big "screw you" message to hrc.

Respect to him either way though.

Big Gordy
21st January 2011, 09:11 AM
I recon Stoner will be on fire this year if he can stay onboard the Honda:yes nod:
Its shaping up, on paper anyway, to be a cracking year:thumbs up: Hope its a bit closer racing than the majority of races last year:smilewinkgrin:

Big Gordy
1st February 2011, 01:34 PM
Game on folks.......:yes nod:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/February/Feb0111MotoGPSepangTestTimes/

zimbo
2nd February 2011, 03:27 PM
Either that honda is skinny as Fffff or Stoner has put on the beef!!! :laugh:oh and whats with Honda HRC having a 3 bike set-up this year? Didn't realise that was allowed :confused: so 3 bikes earning points will definately have an advantage over other teams 2 bike set-up...

I see Rossi is still suffering with his shoulder injury :rolleyes: :frown:

Big Gordy
2nd February 2011, 08:21 PM
I see Rossi is still suffering with his shoulder injury :rolleyes: :frown:

Too true bud.....http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/February/feb0211-rossi-boosted-by-ducati-progress/

Pedrosa's now on the pace tho...http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/February/feb0211-pedrosa-dominates-second-day-in-sepang/

Big Gordy
4th February 2011, 09:12 AM
Rossi now in the top 10 :thumbs up:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/February/feb0311-sepang-motogp-simoncelli-ends-test-fastest/

Fantastic picture of Simoncelli powering through a long right hander (top right on above link)......awesome bike control :yes nod: Think he'll do well too this year :smilewinkgrin:

zimbo
4th February 2011, 10:33 AM
That just looks a weird angle to be going into that corner at, but it looks like the rear wheel is laying some rubber down so it's like hes drifting his way through it... :clap:

N16SHP
4th February 2011, 11:53 AM
That just looks a weird angle to be going into that corner at, but it looks like the rear wheel is laying some rubber down so it's like hes drifting his way through it... :clap:

Yeah, I looks like it's away to bite and chuck him off lol!!!

Big Gordy
22nd February 2011, 01:13 PM
Sepang first day results so far......
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/February/feb2111sepangtestdayonehondadominates/

Gismo
22nd February 2011, 02:37 PM
Hmm, i think Stoner is going to win this years MotoGP by a mile

Big Gordy
23rd February 2011, 08:58 AM
Hmm, i think Stoner is going to win this years MotoGP by a mile

God I hope not....that will be soooooooooooooooooooooo boring:frown: I think this year has the prospect of being a cracker:yes nod:

Gismo
23rd February 2011, 09:09 AM
I think this year has the prospect of being a cracker:yes nod:I hope so Gordy, this is the first time i can remember that Rossi has been so far off the pace during testing, perhaps i was a bit hasty in writing him off, the first race will reveal all :biker:

Edit: Just read the Rossi interview on the MotoGP site, he stated that he didn't use the soft tyre to get in the quick lap like everyone else, he stayed on the hard tyre to establish his base settings, so, i retract my statement :Whistle: :lol:

zimbo
23rd February 2011, 10:56 AM
Come on Rossi :clap::biker:

Big Gordy
23rd February 2011, 01:23 PM
I think Rossi is sandbagging:smilewinkgrin:
He always plays his cards close to his chest at testing then is pretty much on the pace at the first race:Whistle:
What's happened to Hayden tho :confused: Thought he would be in the top 10 with him gelling with the Duc tail end of last season...strange:popcorn:
Edwards again showing that he is a class act by still being in the top 6:yes nod: his days are numbered but I think he did a great job of mentoring Spies last year in prep for this season:thumbs up:

Big Gordy
23rd February 2011, 01:29 PM
:sheep: He doesn't look well right enough......:sick:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/February/feb2311-illness-forces-rossi-out-of-second-day-at-sepang/