PDA

View Full Version : THISTLE RUN 2011 (SUNDAY 29th MAY)

GP BILLY
13th January 2011, 10:53 AM
The start and finnish have still to be finalized (the events team haven't been able to do
the recce because of the bad weather) but as soon as it is sorted the details will be added to this thread.

Hopefully it does not clash with a NMS event and a good few of yous decide to attend it this year:thumbs up:.

Would be great if this could be make a sticky:smilewinkgrin:

GCA3N
13th January 2011, 11:19 AM
Can you put me down as a maybe Billy, I am hoping to be on the Mainland by then.

Greig.

Craig
13th January 2011, 12:25 PM
Can you put me down as a maybe Billy, I am hoping to be on the Mainland by then.

Greig.

Permanently?

Hoping to make this just to upset the new mini haters and also to have a nice day out with NMS and the Clan ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewart
13th January 2011, 01:21 PM
Thinking about a new mini big yin?

Craig
13th January 2011, 02:11 PM
Thinking about a new mini big yin?

No there are a small band (and I do mean small) who like to hate all things new mini and it's great fun to noise them up :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
13th January 2011, 02:17 PM
We will hopefully be going.:thumbs up:

Stewart
13th January 2011, 02:41 PM
A forgot this is the run they do down the west Coast and has the Classic Mini's.

I thought we were talking about the Fat R56 crew……or should that be Phat (Pretty Hot And Tempting) :thumbs up:

Craig
13th January 2011, 03:52 PM
A forgot this is the run they do down the west Coast and has the Classic Mini's.

I thought we were talking about the Fat R56 crew……or should that be Phat (Pretty Hot And Tempting) :thumbs up:

:lol:

It is west and east coast... ;). Can't remember what side it is this year ....

Crombers
13th January 2011, 04:04 PM
I'm in, a good day oot & glad there is no clash in events this year :thumbs up:

ianking
13th January 2011, 04:20 PM
It was Eyemouth last year so prob west this year

ELFMAN
13th January 2011, 04:25 PM
The problem is, you never quite know who the 'New MINI Haters' (as Craig describes them) are, do you? :idunno: I went on quite a few Thistle Runs (5 I think) in my COOPER and R53 S, and mostly enjoyed them, but latterly I just felt a bit 'out of place' among the Clan Classics. So I won't be going, as I can do without that slight awkwardness. I remember (I think it was my 2nd last Thistle Run), pulling up in a line of Minis who had stopped - the drivers and passengers were out chatting - and the disdainful looks I got from some of them were unbelievable - you'd think I'd just handbraked a Dune Bugggy into a funeral procession :frown: While most Mini folks on the day were fine, I just never forgot that particular feeling...

There is another thing - You see, at the back of my mind I couldn't help feeling that in my youth in my quick n' noisy wee 1275 Mini, I might actually have sided with the 'Haters'! :smilewinkgrin: :hand:

Dare somebody to turn up up a COUNTRYMAN...It would be worth it just to see the looks on some of the faces then!:thumbs up: :ragin:

Craig
13th January 2011, 04:45 PM
<wonders if he could talk a dealer into lending him a Countryman for the full effect> :lol:

Burple
13th January 2011, 04:56 PM
Excellent news!! Looking forward to the Thistle run again this year.. hopefully I'll be able to keep my front number plate this time tho! :laugh:

Haters?? Pff.. stuff them. Anybody driving an 'injected' mini of any kind is a bmw driver anyway.. Or is it Rover Minis they hate? or BMC? or Leyland? Or Morris.. Surely it doesn't matter who made it.. as long as you have fun driving it?? :p

Anyway.. back on topic.. Briong on the Thistle 2011! :thumbs up::thumbs up:

GCA3N
13th January 2011, 10:27 PM
<wonders if he could talk a dealer into lending him a Countryman for the full effect> :lol:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

GP BILLY
14th January 2011, 09:27 AM
Elfman its no like that noo:smilewinkgrin:. I was at the clans west coast club night on wednesday, and there was more new MINIs in the car park (members cars) than there was classics. (I know it's winter and a lot are off the road) Times change and there is
a large amout of members that have both classic and new MINI, infact last year all the commitee members had a NEW MINI:yes nod: and classics.
Honestley more and more new MINI are turning up for clan runs, this year's Thistle Run it is west coast ending and as always the weather will be great:thumbs up: so get your name on the list :laugh:

Will update as I get info from the events team:yes nod:

GP BILLY
14th January 2011, 09:37 AM

Our main sponsor last year was REG VARDY who sent Hamish the MINI (went down an absolute storm with the kids) never know they may send a countryman this year:blush:

Am no taking any excuses from you craig:hand: you told me in Liverpool when you were a wee bit drunk that you really really wanted to join the clan (but wiz feert) and I said don't worry Baptie will lookout for you:smilewinkgrin: so get your name on the list

ELFMAN
14th January 2011, 10:35 AM
Elfman its no like that noo:smilewinkgrin:. I was at the clans west coast club night on wednesday, and there was more new MINIs in the car park (members cars) than there was classics. (I know it's winter and a lot are off the road) Times change and there is
a large amout of members that have both classic and new MINI, infact last year all the commitee members had a NEW MINI:yes nod: and classics.
Honestley more and more new MINI are turning up for clan runs, this year's Thistle Run it is west coast ending and as always the weather will be great:thumbs up: so get your name on the list :laugh:

Thanks Billy, appreciate your comments :thumbs up: It's been a couple of years since I've been near the Clan - I was a member for a good while, but between work, home and NMS, I just wasn't doing it justice. As you said, times change, so I might give it another try! :D Put me down as a 'Maybe'. Where's the list?

stoney
14th January 2011, 07:10 PM
stick us down as a mabie

Minimynx
14th January 2011, 08:57 PM
What's a thistle run?

GP BILLY
14th January 2011, 09:13 PM
What's a thistle run?

Over 200 mini's in convoy:thumbs up: old and new
Click below for some more info:smilewinkgrin:

http://www.miniclan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=42

Minimynx
16th January 2011, 12:54 PM
That sounds awesome, Mini heaven!! Do you know start & finish yet?

Craig
16th January 2011, 01:50 PM
I don't think that's been sorted yet but it will be west coast. Previous start points have been Stirling Uni, loch lomond shores and finish points of Dunoon and Oban .... From memory that is ;)

I think the recces have been delayed due to the recent bad weather :yes nod:

Duncan Stewart
16th January 2011, 11:29 PM
We will be there again. Great fun :D

AndyP & Lenore
17th January 2011, 12:10 AM
sods Law: Bet this ends up being on the same date as Mikeys Show.

Just one of my "glass is half empty" moments.

A.

N16SHP
17th January 2011, 01:49 PM
Just one of my "glass is half empty" moments.

A.

Just use a smaller glass :D

ELFMAN
18th January 2011, 05:24 PM
Just use a smaller glass :D

Then you'll have even less of the full half... :frown:

Flash_Amber
21st March 2011, 08:30 PM
Can you put us down as a maybe please

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2011, 12:29 AM
Can you put us down as a maybe please

Amber, this is an old thread - albeit a stickey'd old thread.

The new thread for this run is: HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?21918-Thistle-Run-2011-Blair-Drummond-Safari-Park-to-Fort-William-29th-May).

You need to register with the Mini Clan to attend this run. Details and a ink to their site are in the new run thread.

I'll close and unsticky this thread.

A.