PDA

View Full Version : Fuel prices!!!

zimbo
12th January 2011, 06:02 PM
Yes folks thats right its time for a good old moan about the current prices of fuel again, I thought someone might have started one sooner, but no.
I just went to put some fuel in my car this morning and had to take 2-3 glances at the price on the pump to actually take in just how much they were charging!!! £1,28.9 for diesel, I mean thats outrageous, the pricers have just sky rocketed in the last two months alone and the new 20% isn't going to help. I just think the Government and the Oil companies are SERIOUSLY taking the pi$$ now, and yes I know I am running a diesel but I am still finding it tough to run the car at these absurd prices, I hate to imagine what you guys useing unleaded must be spending nowadays on Petrol :thud: I would have thought Fuel Price protesting would have started again by now, just like they did years ago.

I earn a very miniscule amount of money and I am sure there are people out there who will no doubt be earning even less than what I am and I hate to even think how they are going to manage.

As far I am concerned the greedy money grabbing Government can go and do one... :moonie::moonie::moonie:, would like to see how they get on paying for there own fuel out their own pockets like the rest of us mere mortals have to.

Sorry about the rant folks, had to let off some steam :ragin: :yes nod: :p

MonsteR
12th January 2011, 06:08 PM
I totally agree with you there dude and trust me I really do know the feeling as my current car is an Impreza turbo which cost £72 last time i filled up(before the 20% hike) for a full tank and I only got 172 miles before having to fill up again!!! I'm hoping that i'll find my new Cooper S a wee bitty better on the fuel but its still daylight robbery!

Alex from NM
12th January 2011, 06:18 PM
Really not looking forward to the next trip to my Mums on Skye in February. Last time I was there in December they were already charging 12p more for 95 unleaded.

I'm presently trying to convince myself I might be helping keep someone in a job through my massive petrol consumption. Doubt I am like

Penny Louise
12th January 2011, 06:18 PM
1.28 is cheap compared to some places in Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife... seen it as high as 1.32 for Diesel

Mon the fish
12th January 2011, 06:31 PM
I'm not advocating the student fee protest violence, but crappy petitions and marches have no effect on government. They don't listen. Actual action is needed (obviously non-violent/destructive) for them not to ignore it.

We need to bring the country to a halt, like what happened last time. We voted for these t*ssers, they need to listen to us

Scottie
12th January 2011, 07:08 PM
there protest planned read about it in the Scotsman last week

The Dogfather
12th January 2011, 07:18 PM
The government use fuel to raise taxes, if you don't pay it on fuel you'll pay for it somewhere else i.e. income tax

Sheilz
12th January 2011, 07:23 PM
Yes folks thats right its time for a good old moan about the current prices of fuel again, I thought someone might have started one sooner, but no.
I just went to put some fuel in my car this morning and had to take 2-3 glances at the price on the pump to actually take in just how much they were charging!!! £1,28.9 for diesel, I mean thats outrageous, the pricers have just sky rocketed in the last two months alone and the new 20% isn't going to help. I just think the Government and the Oil companies are SERIOUSLY taking the pi$$ now, and yes I know I am running a diesel but I am still finding it tough to run the car at these absurd prices, I hate to imagine what you guys useing unleaded must be spending nowadays on Petrol :thud: I would have thought Fuel Price protesting would have started again by now, just like they did years ago.

I earn a very miniscule amount of money and I am sure there are people out there who will no doubt be earning even less than what I am and I hate to even think how they are going to manage.

As far I am concerned the greedy money grabbing Government can go and do one... :moonie::moonie::moonie:, would like to see how they get on paying for there own fuel out their own pockets like the rest of us mere mortals have to.

Sorry about the rant folks, had to let off some steam :ragin: :yes nod: :p

Totally agree with you. Am not on a huge salary though a lot better than many and I do feel sorry for folk who have to pay transport costs just to go about their day to day business since any form of transport other than by shank's pony is going to hurt modest budgets. And on top of that are the increased prices on food etc. It really is disgraceful. The hypocracy of the ruling elite and bankers is something that really sticks in my throat. How dare MPs squabble about the regulator wishing to curtail their 'snout in the trough' activities while squeezing the public for every last penny while banks continue to pay fat cats at the top their excessive bonuses. I don't know if people are aware that there is a public consultation taking place just now for Joe Bloggs to express a view on the subject. If anyone is interested in letting their views be known I can post up the email address.

I also agree that we are past the point of moaning and that its time the public took direct action to protest about the legalised theft of our hard earned cash.

Stewart
12th January 2011, 07:25 PM
My car is a luxury right now with the price of fuel, I can leave it most days on the drive. I’ve filled up once during December and I’m only down three lights today when I was out.

I normally fill it when it goes down to the last two lights every second week and as time has went on its scary the litres to cost. There you go last fill up on the receipt was

31ltr Value £37.79

Dam right I used my free Drivers club £2.50 voucher off the price.

I get off lightly, my mate puts in over £100 a week in his cars and I’m just thinking that’s a small mortgage a month.

Mon the fish
12th January 2011, 07:36 PM
I live in the country (no choice, I live above my work). My wife works shifts for the NHS, and public transport from/to Alford just isn't an option for her. She needs her car.

Obviously taxes need to come from somewhere, but tax the unnecessary things in life; not fuel, which is a necessity where we live.

Stewart
12th January 2011, 07:41 PM
Its an outdated and unfair system the tax is based on, but you just know they would shaft the car owner some other way. People just want a fair price, here is to Scotland gaining its own fuel tax, after all its our oil.

And obviously here is to that new super garage that has twenty five pumps and a great shop at Gretna if we did. :thumbs up:

Have to say the only time the Fuel price does not piss me right off is when I'm say on the Highland Tour etc as your actually getting to run the car and get that wee bit better MPG and most important enjoy every mile of it.

Mon the fish
12th January 2011, 08:05 PM
Tax buckfast, shellsuits and sovereign rings instead

Gismo
12th January 2011, 08:09 PM
I know what you mean Ali, i pay a staggering 2.89 US Dollars a GALLON for fuel now :ragin: :lol:

Doug_m
12th January 2011, 08:22 PM
I say we block the oil refineries :)

Anyone else fancy grid locking the country? Haha

Bring back £1 a litre, i dont grudge that!

The Dogfather
12th January 2011, 08:26 PM
The biggest problem taxing fuel and other goods is its a compound tax, you've already paid 25% on your earnings and then you pay 20 - 60% tax on top of that.

Higher income tax would be the solution but unfortunately governments won't do that as its become obvious how much money your paying in tax. Plus, the current VAT and fuel duty also means that people visiting the UK contribute to the tax burden.

Hogman
12th January 2011, 09:09 PM
135.9 at Turriff right now and thats for 95 ron!

Sheilz
12th January 2011, 09:58 PM
124.9 at Shell, Altens and Bucksburn. 123.9 at Morrisons and Sainsburys in Aberdeen

Doug_m
12th January 2011, 10:06 PM
135.9 at Turriff right now and thats for 95 ron!

130.9 in Banff and Macduff!

Stewart
12th January 2011, 10:20 PM
123.9 at my shell. Remember when it was the ltr that used to spin at the pump with the pound on catch up......now the pound zips round.

RyanK
12th January 2011, 10:38 PM
Was just £66 to fill up mine, 1.33/litre of v power aberdeen city

Sheilz
13th January 2011, 12:09 AM
Was just £66 to fill up mine, 1.33/litre of v power aberdeen city

A heck of a lot for a wee mini.

Stewart
13th January 2011, 12:12 AM
The JCW must be miles better than the GP for the MPG Ryan.
And if you put that much in it must have been on vapours:smilewinkgrin:

RyanK
13th January 2011, 12:30 AM
Yeh come to think of it must of been 56 ha. was on fumes though!

GCA3N
13th January 2011, 11:26 AM
£70 to fill my JCW up , £1.38 A LITRE FOR THE CRAP STUFF:ragin::ragin::argh:

£85 for the honda.:thud:

EDIT: now £1.41 :ragin::ragin::argh:

Colin
13th January 2011, 12:12 PM
£1.33 for V Power in Stirling. :frown: and an average mpg of 27 from my wee S.

zimbo
14th January 2011, 10:32 AM
£70 to fill my JCW up , £1.38 A LITRE FOR THE CRAP STUFF:ragin::ragin::argh:

£85 for the honda.:thud:

EDIT: now £1.41 :ragin::ragin::argh:

£1.33 for V Power in Stirling. :frown: and an average mpg of 27 from my wee S.

:thud: :Whistle: :thud: I mean talk about getting shafted by the ££££££ grabbers :frown:

GCA3N
14th January 2011, 09:24 PM
:thud: :Whistle: :thud: I mean talk about getting shafted by the ££££££ grabbers :frown:

I actually said something to the girl I was totally disgusted.

kerrbryan
16th January 2011, 02:12 AM
I actually said something to the girl I was totally disgusted.

you'd be cheaper getting the ferry back, filling up and going home again!

GCA3N
16th January 2011, 11:45 AM
you'd be cheaper getting the ferry back, filling up and going home again!

Not quite it's about £60 for a return on the boat.

I normally fill up before I come home but the wifes car stays here mostly.

I buy a 3 return journey ticket but I need one for each car they are car specific so for 3 journeys on each car it's £302 and it's going up soon too.

AeroJonny
16th January 2011, 04:23 PM
I buy a 3 return journey ticket but I need one for each car they are car specific so for 3 journeys on each car it's £302 and it's going up soon too.

What's to bet the justification for the higher ticket prices by CalMac will be their higher fuel costs too...

GCA3N
16th January 2011, 06:34 PM
What's to bet the justification for the higher ticket prices by CalMac will be their higher fuel costs too...

too right any excuse.

spobojob
18th January 2011, 11:15 PM
Try using this website...

http://www.petrolprices.com/

It tells you the cheapest prices in your area and you can set the distance you are willing to travel, it updates you once or twice a week direct to your email account if you want it too... I used to fill up at my local Tesco religously....not anymore, it's amazing the difference of prices here in Dundee by just travelling a couple miles up the road to Asda!!

Perhaps not life changing, but "every little helps!"

MonsteR
20th January 2011, 12:29 AM
Try using this website...

http://www.petrolprices.com/

It tells you the cheapest prices in your area and you can set the distance you are willing to travel, it updates you once or twice a week direct to your email account if you want it too... I used to fill up at my local Tesco religously....not anymore, it's amazing the difference of prices here in Dundee by just travelling a couple miles up the road to Asda!!

Perhaps not life changing, but "every little helps!"

I just downloaded their App for iPhone tonight £2.99 but seems pretty good. ;)

"Petrol Prices Pro" it's called!

kerrbryan
20th January 2011, 12:38 AM
I just downloaded their App for iPhone tonight £2.99 but seems pretty good. ;)

"Petrol Prices Pro" it's called!

Thats over 2 litres not in your tank now;)

MonsteR
20th January 2011, 12:48 AM
Thats over 2 litres not in your tank now;)

Pmsl, you got me there lol I guess I'm just too used to paying a fortune in fuel having run a scooby on a daily basis for past two years :( looking forward to a little saving on the fuel costs with the Mini :P

Stewart
20th January 2011, 01:33 AM
http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.shtml
Going on a few runs this year and found this. Not that I'm put off the runs as its enjoyment based and on a run I get over 50 MPG in my Coop from 40 MPG in town so I look at it as gaining 10 MPG for free that I was not getting per ltr in town so possibly 60-70 miles per tank bonus.

Currently playing 125p/ltr but as can see when it jumps up to say the mad price of 145. it’s going to cost me £8 more to fill the tank of 40ltr.

Its shocking.

My mate is looking at an A8 with all the toys and I have to say it looks a fantastic big comfy car but they are basically saying urban its like 23mpg. :argh: