PDA

View Full Version : BBC confirms Brundle and Coulthard

Fairy
11th January 2011, 05:30 PM
The BBC has officially confirmed that David Coulthard will join his former manager, and fellow driver, Martin Brundle in the commentary box for coverage of this year's F1 season

Anyone else totally delighted about this news?!?!:cool::cool::thumbs up::yes nod::yes nod:
Its made my new year!!! Legard was total todge at commentating....always a step behind Martin and the action...he would be getting all excited about a pass not realising he was actually watching a replay...doh :argh:

Bring on the new season 59 days and counting..........:thumbs up:

We're off to Spa this year, road trip in the GP i think (if i can convince Steven to let me take it instead of his Golf since he hates the suspension in mine :frown:)

N16SHP
11th January 2011, 06:23 PM
Yeah, two very knowledgeable guys will make it great to watch and listen to. As you said, Legard was always a step behind, kinda like Murray Walker, but worse so definitely looking forward to it!

Delboy
11th January 2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah, that's great news :thumbs up:.

I just hope that they don't have that twit Eddie Jordan alongside Jake Humphrey :frown:.

baptie
12th January 2011, 12:47 AM
canny beat it, cracking news.

certainly should be more interesting to listen to.

zimbo
13th January 2011, 10:24 AM
Cool cant wait for this season to start... Come on Webber :thumbs up:

Delboy
13th January 2011, 11:49 AM
From the BBC website:-

"David Coulthard's move to the commentary box alongside Martin Brundle sees Eddie Jordan become main analyst."

:thud: :argh: Jordan is a complete numptie. He can't interview to save himself and likes the sound of his own voice. Can you imagine him doing the grid walk? :frown:

This is a big mistake by the BBC.

zimbo
14th January 2011, 10:59 AM
Thank goodness I know where the MUTE button is on my telly :lol:

Delboy
14th January 2011, 01:27 PM
Thank goodness I know where the MUTE button is on my telly :lol:

:laugh:

The Sky+ time-slip function was made for Eddie Jordan. Pause live TV at the start of the programme, make a cup of tea or whatever then press play about 15-20 minutes later - every time that diddy comes on you can fast forward :thumbs up:.

Stewart
14th January 2011, 01:40 PM
Wait they have not got rid of the guy walking around trying to get interviews with the drivers when the race is about to go off? Dam that’s the only bit I watch.

euan
14th January 2011, 04:03 PM
And it's going to be in HD, happy days!

As I understand it, DC will still do the pundit role with EJ, and then leg it up to the commentary box. You wonder if DC was being lined up for this role though as he'd started to more of the grid walks with Martin, though I reckon Martin is better at them by a mile.

kerrbryan
20th January 2011, 12:32 AM
DC will be class in the commentary box. :)

Mini Ecosse
20th January 2011, 10:32 AM
There might be a little trouble brewing with this move due to DC's role as advisor with Red Bull.
Watch this space!