PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Sponsors?

KenL
5th January 2011, 06:00 PM
Hi,

Do we no longer have a sponsoring dealer?

I fancy one of these at a good price: http://www.mini2.com/forum/derek-woodman-mini/183767-special-offer-mini-sport-aerial.html

Craig
5th January 2011, 06:06 PM
Nope Ken, JC's decided not to renew their sponsorship despite significantly reduced rates.... It's sad that we don't have a dealer sponsor, but also expected with the current financial situation. :frown:

KenL
5th January 2011, 06:07 PM
Nope Ken, JC's decided not to renew their sponsorship despite significantly reduced rates.... It's sad that we don't have a dealer sponsor, but also expected with the current financial situation. :frown:

That is a pity. Are we looking for another sponsor? How much would the site charge?

Craig
5th January 2011, 06:10 PM
Yeah we are looking for a new sponsor (I know a few members have been speaking to their favourite dealers) Prices? Ask Alan, as I'm not party to the current rates... ;)

KenL
5th January 2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah we are looking for a new sponsor (I know a few members have been speaking to their favourite dealers) Prices? Ask Alan, as I'm not party to the current rates... ;)

Has anyone contacted Peter Vardy? If not, I can email them if you like - let me know either here or by PM.

Ken.

Craig
5th January 2011, 06:19 PM
I believe they have been contacted more than one... ;)

KenL
5th January 2011, 06:24 PM

Good! I like Peter Vardy - I really think they should sponsor this site and offer our members a great discount!

Cheers, KenL

mini-pea
5th January 2011, 06:40 PM

i might be able to help out with an intro with vardys if thats any help

stoney
5th January 2011, 07:02 PM
peter vardys dealership where intrested but had to get in contact with head office and that was as far as we got as the guy was on his holls so if any one can give us a good contact in the head office to speak to i will more than happy to re-aproch them !!!!! you can PM me or E-mail me on stoney@newminiscotland.co.uk or contact The Gismo Man alan@newminiscotland.co.uk

thanx Stoney

ianking
5th January 2011, 07:13 PM
Hi,

Do we no longer have a sponsoring dealer?

I fancy one of these at a good price: http://www.mini2.com/forum/derek-woodman-mini/183767-special-offer-mini-sport-aerial.html

Ken
Surely your no that hard up that you couldnt just buy one of them at full price.
A dealer sponsor is probably only going to get you like £1.50 off it any way.

KenL
5th January 2011, 08:01 PM
Ken
Surely your no that hard up that you couldnt just buy one of them at full price.
A dealer sponsor is probably only going to get you like £1.50 off it any way.

No, I can afford the full price :p

However, I saw this on MINI2 and thought it looked worth having - especially since my own is bent after being covered in 50cm of snow.

I would have have like to have ordered from our sponsor (as I have done in the past) - not to save £1.50 as you say but to thank them for supporting this community :thumbs up:.

Neil - TXJ
5th January 2011, 08:33 PM
I have brought a couple of things from Woodmans, they sponsor TM and Mini2 and Chris is very helpful. At the time I also tried this site's dealer sponsor and didn't get a response.

I would prefer to use a dealer who sponsors this site but if not possible at least Woodmans are supporting the mini community and are keen to help. If we can't find a Scottish dealer who is interested is it worth approaching Woodmans?

KenL
5th January 2011, 08:40 PM
OK Trigger, thanks.

RobSco
5th January 2011, 08:52 PM
Emails sent to Peter Vardy personally on the 22nd December and feel it's quite a small price to pay for a year's sponsorship to have such a large following of Mini enthusiasts.

Word back from Peter Vardy the same day, Thanking me for the Email and the opportunity of becoming a sponsor, he has passed this on to his Marketing Department who will look at it and come back to me, I then resent another to him on the 29th December saying I was still awaiting a reply...

I've kept Alan up to date with all that has been going on and hopefully something Good will come out of it as it would be good to get Peter Vardy on-board.

If any contact is made by them I will pass all info on to Alan or they can contact him directly, we can only sit and wait to see what happens...

Here's Hoping... :thumbs up:

Bazthemod
5th January 2011, 10:30 PM
Another +1 for woodmans on Total Mini - Just ordered £300 worth of bits :)

Doug_m
6th January 2011, 12:11 AM
Another +1 for woodmans on Total Mini - Just ordered £300 worth of bits :)

:0
Do Explain ! :)

Forbes
6th January 2011, 12:45 AM

He reversed into a T-Rex in Scumdee and now needs a new bumper. Kids these days, honestly

Gismo
6th January 2011, 09:30 AM
Hi,

Do we no longer have a sponsoring dealer?[/url]See this thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?21547-JC-s-Sponsorship)

Thanks to the members who have tried their various dealers, including Vardy's, so far, hopefully we'll get something sorted soon, NMS needs a dealer sponsor :thumbs up:

MungoUSA
6th January 2011, 03:20 PM
We've had the same problem in the states with trying to get dealers to sponsor events and forums. The marketing dept. doesn't see a return from it since everyone already owns a MINI. I get our local dealer to support our local club for events because I work there. But many large events have been passed over by other dealers that are on financial lock down by the big wigs. It's a shame but the economy has put a tight grip on the extra spending.

GP BILLY
6th January 2011, 04:44 PM
I have also used Chris @woodmans and found his service great (infact just spent over 1k today there)

Bazthemod
6th January 2011, 08:45 PM

Nothing too exciting lol pics soon

He reversed into a T-Rex in Scumdee and now needs a new bumper. Kids these days, honestly

Hmmm ... WTF lol