PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Service From MINI !!!!

stoney
30th December 2010, 10:21 PM
well today i took my Gp in to get looked at as there was a bulb flikering on and off in the heater control unit bit just thinking it would be a doggy wire some where but it turned out to be the whole unit would have to be replaced but Lloyd's Carslie did not have any in stock and asked if i was about 2morow and i repleyd no off back home to glasgow !!

so 2 mins later they come over and say there is a part in glasgow and we are going to get it down for you today and have your car back to you by 3pm ish and we will give you a car so you can go shoping ect... if you want !!!!

true to there word the car was fixed and i was on the way back up the road by 3:15 pm :thumbs up:

also they have ttold me there is a little wet around the rocker gasket and just to give them 2days notice and the will get it it to be changed under waranty :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

so had a pleasant time at mini 2 day

and thank to lloyds MINI for the outstanding service to day :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Craig
30th December 2010, 10:31 PM
Not often you hear service like that. Good stuff Rob :thumbs up:

john
30th December 2010, 10:49 PM
Were you still wearing your ski boots though?

there were probably scared of you!!

GCA3N
30th December 2010, 11:30 PM
Awesome rob as said these stories unfortunately very rare. Glad all is sorted for you.

N16SHP
31st December 2010, 12:02 AM
Here's hoping I get some of the same tomorrow...although if I get greeted by a particular woman on the service desk, I wouldn't hold out much hope as we've had a couple of run-in's in the past!!

GCA3N
31st December 2010, 05:35 AM
Here's hoping I get some of the same tomorrow...although if I get greeted by a particular woman on the service desk, I wouldn't hold out much hope as we've had a couple of run-in's in the past!!

Keep my fingers crossed for u mate.

N16SHP
31st December 2010, 06:25 PM
Well what a result. I'm not sure whether this should be in the thread I started about my problem, or in here as either way it's problem fixed and fantastic service :D :D :D

Dropped the car off this morning and explained my problem. The chap said he has seen the odd R56 S with this problem, and it's usually needing the filters changed. But wait, this is the best bit. He goes but your filters, oil, health check etc will all be covered under TLC. I replied, but my car hasn't got the TLC pack. His response, well actually it does, and it's valid until 2012. WHAT A RESULT!!!

When I bought the car, I asked if it had the TLC pack and I was told no, but after looking up their system today, it appears it does. So after thinking oh god, i've got a problem, and I'm gonna have to pay to fix it, plus pay for a service and an MOT, this is not going to be cheap, i'm delighted it's fixed and cost me only the price of my MOT :D :D!

Never thought i'd say this, but thanks John Clark!!

GCA3N
31st December 2010, 06:44 PM
Well what a result. I'm not sure whether this should be in the thread I started about my problem, or in here as either way it's problem fixed and fantastic service :D :D :D

Dropped the car off this morning and explained my problem. The chap said he has seen the odd R56 S with this problem, and it's usually needing the filters changed. But wait, this is the best bit. He goes but your filters, oil, health check etc will all be covered under TLC. I replied, but my car hasn't got the TLC pack. His response, well actually it does, and it's valid until 2012. WHAT A RESULT!!!

When I bought the car, I asked if it had the TLC pack and I was told no, but after looking up their system today, it appears it does. So after thinking oh god, i've got a problem, and I'm gonna have to pay to fix it, plus pay for a service and an MOT, this is not going to be cheap, i'm delighted it's fixed and cost me only the price of my MOT :D :D!

Never thought i'd say this, but thanks John Clark!!

Neil that is awesome news mate I am so pleased mate really brilliant. :thumbs up: have a great new year btw.

N16SHP
31st December 2010, 06:45 PM
Neil that is awesome news mate I am so pleased mate really brilliant. :thumbs up: have a great new year btw.

Thanks mate, you too! When your back up going offshore, give me a shout so we can catch up and I can see your new hoops :D

KenL
31st December 2010, 07:16 PM
Neil,

What was wrong with your car? No doubt it is covered in another thread so please point me there if easier.

Good result on the TLC, but it is VERY unusual for a UK car to not have it.

Cheers, KenL

Stewart
31st December 2010, 07:25 PM
Must be the time of year to head into the dealerships.:thumbs up:

Good will to men and all that! :smilewinkgrin:

N16SHP
31st December 2010, 08:04 PM
Neil,

What was wrong with your car? No doubt it is covered in another thread so please point me there if easier.

Good result on the TLC, but it is VERY unusual for a UK car to not have it.

Cheers, KenL

Clickity Click (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?21590-Still-caughing-and-spluttering!) - Here you go Ken. That was the problem I was having, but fingers crossed it's now gone :D!

GCA3N
31st December 2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks mate, you too! When your back up going offshore, give me a shout so we can catch up and I can see your new hoops :D

Home for 4 weeks mate.

KenL
31st December 2010, 10:27 PM
Clickity Click (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?21590-Still-caughing-and-spluttering!) - Here you go Ken. That was the problem I was having, but fingers crossed it's now gone :D!

Interesting! Did they say what they did was the fix for this?

My car seems to "chug" occasionally when just ticking along in say 4th.

N16SHP
1st January 2011, 01:06 PM
Interesting! Did they say what they did was the fix for this?

My car seems to "chug" occasionally when just ticking along in say 4th.

They said the filters we're really badly needing changed and also the spark plugs got done too! Dunno if that's a direct fix but it seems to be working so far!!

N16SHP
1st January 2011, 01:07 PM
Home for 4 weeks mate.

Well I finish my exams on the 27th of Jan, so could time it perfectly for a wee hoon lol!!