PDA

View Full Version : What is your Coolant Level?

gauldrymini
30th December 2010, 05:11 PM
Our R57's coolant level seems a little low:confused: anybody else have lowish coolant levels? I presume you check when engine is cold:blush:

PLAN

Going to buy some concentrated MINI coolant, mix 50 / 50 with de ionised water, fill to level between MIN and MAX, then monitor:Whistle:!

Hope level sorts it self out...

Mon the fish
30th December 2010, 08:01 PM
The expansion tank on the R53 is prone to failure, not sure about the R56. Worth keeping in mind

markjbb
27th August 2011, 07:38 AM
The expansion tank on the R53 is prone to failure, not sure about the R56. Worth keeping in mind

yeah i might have to get a new expansion tank for my 04 since all the other main water parts got renewed under warranty like the water pump and radiator. it still seems to be loosing water on long trips it's not as if there is a puddle of water under the car ether grr...

Gismo
27th August 2011, 07:48 AM
Look for tell tale signs of "greening" on the exhaust heat shield directly below the coolant bottle, this is usually the first indicator of a leaky bottle.

markjbb
11th September 2011, 02:05 PM
Look for tell tale signs of "greening" on the exhaust heat shield directly below the coolant bottle, this is usually the first indicator of a leaky bottle.

my car is missing the exhaust manifold heat sheild could that be making the expansion bottle to boil up more than normal? i just notice as i was looking at a parts diagram