PDA

View Full Version : My new toy!

Delboy
27th December 2010, 03:16 PM
I got this r/c helicopter as a Christmas present and it is superb! Incredibly stable and reasonably easy to fly. (It's a Syma S107 incase anybody is wondering!)

Here it is in action:-

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Miscellaneous/PC274712v2.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Miscellaneous/PC274716v2.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Miscellaneous/PC274718v2.jpg
My eldest son taking a test flight:-

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Miscellaneous/PC274733v2.jpg

RyanK
27th December 2010, 03:24 PM
Cool!

Gismo
27th December 2010, 03:31 PM
Cool!Agreed :thumbs up:

Stewart
27th December 2010, 04:58 PM
My mate had one going on Christmas day, I know you should alway be greatful for gifts recieved but he got me a Stylophone and a I-phone cradle that sticks to your window (I had just told him I had got Mikes screwless one a few hours before). :smilewinkgrin:

I'll never use them in fact I have a Maplins RC plane, Heated Hat (Yes that is as bad as it sounds) as well as these never been opened from last year!

So I was sat there thinking Why the hell did you not buy me one of these when your standing there raving about it........its a class wee toy!:thumbs up:I did find myself in Silverburn in that Model shop with that exact one in my hand on Boxing day but the phone went and there was a que so I put it back…..:blush:

The fun landing it on the Quality street Tin.

Mini Ecosse
27th December 2010, 05:15 PM
Agreed :thumbs up:

Ditto

Delboy
27th December 2010, 05:32 PM
The fun landing it on the Quality street Tin.

Yeah, landings are fun! It's so controllable, what a difference to previous models that you couldn't even hover in one spot with nevermind land gently. It charges in about 40 minutes from the controller or via USB too.

GCA3N
27th December 2010, 05:49 PM
I can't see the pics Del, but I got one too paid £75 for it and it broke in the 1st test flight, so it will be going back for my money back. Lot of fun for the 5 minutes it lasted.

Delboy
27th December 2010, 06:56 PM
Bummer Greig. I can send you the link to where I bought this one (much cheaper!). Would be great flying around your mansion!

Pics are there, not sure why you can't see them. They're on FB too though.

GCA3N
27th December 2010, 07:54 PM
Bummer Greig. I can send you the link to where I bought this one (much cheaper!). Would be great flying around your mansion!

Pics are there, not sure why you can't see them. They're on FB too though.

Sometimes funny out here some pics you can see others appear as red X's. As far as the copter goes this was an out door one but due to weather was trying it inside. As you say there was plenty of room. Just came in for a routine flyby and landing and it all went wrong, the tail rotor caught the edge of the frame and it was goodnight vienna.

Hopefully get my money back, and it's being spent on the steering wheel from Burple.

Delboy
27th December 2010, 08:07 PM
I got an outdoor electric copter last year but it is a nightmare to fly - 6 channels or whatnot :argh:. Kept smashing up the rotors so was buying new ones all the time. Plus, if there was any kind of breeze at all it was ten times worse!

This one is ace - lots of fun flying it around the living room and landing on stuff :D.

(Nice PS3 wheel btw :thumbs up:)

GCA3N
27th December 2010, 08:18 PM
I got an outdoor electric copter last year but it is a nightmare to fly - 6 channels or whatnot :argh:. Kept smashing up the rotors so was buying new ones all the time. Plus, if there was any kind of breeze at all it was ten times worse!

This one is ace - lots of fun flying it around the living room and landing on stuff :D.

(Nice PS3 wheel btw :thumbs up:)

Cheers Del you can try it on Sunday, it'll be in the car as I am not heading home till Monday. We are going to the panto BTW on sunday night, aladin at the armadillo, so we will de at yours mid afternoon I am guessing 1-2 ish, if that's ok?

...ment to ask what do you think of the new wheels?

Delboy
27th December 2010, 09:57 PM
Cheers Del you can try it on Sunday, it'll be in the car as I am not heading home till Monday. We are going to the panto BTW on sunday night, aladin at the armadillo, so we will de at yours mid afternoon I am guessing 1-2 ish, if that's ok?

...ment to ask what do you think of the new wheels?

New wheels are great - will totally work with your car :thumbs up:.

You have a PM btw.

Stewart
27th December 2010, 11:14 PM
It's in the sale at that model shop in Silverburn £23 from £30.

Delboy
27th December 2010, 11:16 PM
It's in the sale at that model shop in Silverburn £23 from £30.

That's a good price Stewart. Mine was bought on Amazon a couple of weeks before Christmas for about £24.

GCA3N
28th December 2010, 08:42 AM
New wheels are great - will totally work with your car :thumbs up:.

You have a PM btw.

Cheers, replied.

Big Gordy
28th December 2010, 11:31 AM
Ross bought himself one of those outdoor choppers a few weeks back but he went off shore so not had a chance to try it yet:p Has about a 2 foot rotor span so don't think it would be a good idea to try it in the house....it would be carnage:rolleyes: these wee ones do look cool tho :cool: