PDA

View Full Version : Forum Runner iPad app

Delboy
27th December 2010, 02:57 PM
Alan,

I realise that we are able to use the Tapatalk app for accessing NMS from an iPhone but unfortunately there isn't an iPad version of that app (you can run it but it is only iPhone size :argh:). However, there is another app call Forum Runner - what are the chances of getting access to NMS from that app?

More info is here (http://www.forumrunner.net/).

Cheers,

Del

Gismo
27th December 2010, 03:08 PM
Hi Del, i'll certainly look into it, but, please bear with me until i return to the USA on the 8th January.
The internet here in Africa is absolute rubbish and i don't want to chance uploading to the NMS database in case i corrupt something.

Delboy
27th December 2010, 03:10 PM
Hi Alan. No worries mate - just something to check out when you get home. There may be other new iPad users on NMS that will be interested in this too. (Although my iPad is actually my wife's :smilewinkgrin:).

Gismo
27th December 2010, 03:29 PM
Scrap that Del, it's installed, was a very small file, so, try it out and let me know.

I also have a site key, not sure what it's for, summat to do with the push feature, let me know if you need it and i'll e-mail it to you, or, i could publish it..........

Delboy
27th December 2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks Alan! I can access NMS ok with FR. I'm on the free version to test it so can't post but it looks pretty good and very easy to use on the iPad. Think I'll buy the full version.

As for the push notifications, I think each user needs to sign up for this (for free) and then you get a password or such like. I guess what you got is for your personal push notifications to your email address.

Thanks again.

Gismo
27th December 2010, 04:29 PM
Nice one Del :thumbs up:

Delboy
27th December 2010, 11:20 PM
For everyone's benefit, I bought the full version of Forum Runner and it is really good, especially on the iPad. There is a small technical hitch with seeing thumbnail pictures but the actual picture opens ok when you click on it - the Boss is working on it though!

It works on the iPhone too so is an alternative to Tapatalk.

AndyP & Lenore
28th December 2010, 12:10 AM
I've downloaded the free version and it seems quite good. But, with an iPad it's just as easy to surf NMS on Safari anyway. I guess if I was away from home and I didn't have a great 3G signal the app may work better, but tbh, I really like the look of the usual site rather than the app's cut down version of it.

All IMHO.

A. :D

Delboy
28th December 2010, 12:29 AM
I know what you mean Andy but I was finding that some of the photos were cut off down the right hand side when using Safari. Do you find that too?

The FR app just seems so easy to flick through any new threads or posts and when you click on a photo it opens up full screen on the iPad beautifully.

It's very similar to Tapatalk but designed for the iPad as well as iPhone, which is why I thought it was worth checking out.

Isn't the iPad superb though?!

AndyP & Lenore
28th December 2010, 12:40 AM
Not sure if the pics are being cut off or if that's just the edge of the pic. :confused: I'll have a wee look on a proper pc to see if there's any difference.

But, yes, the iPad is absolutely stunning.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

I just can't put it down. Lol.:D

A.:D

Gismo
28th December 2010, 08:31 AM
the Boss is working on it though!I've requested help from the FR guys, will advise the outcome as soon as possible.

For everyone's info, i have installed the latest plug in, 1.5.3

Delboy
28th December 2010, 09:09 AM
Not sure if the pics are being cut off or if that's just the edge of the pic. :confused: I'll have a wee look on a proper pc to see if there's any difference.

But, yes, the iPad is absolutely stunning.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

I just can't put it down. Lol.:D

A.:D

I can't put it down either. It's the best present I've ever bought my wife :lol:.

I've requested help from the FR guys, will advise the outcome as soon as possible.

For everyone's info, i have installed the latest plug in, 1.5.3

Thanks Alan, appreciate you doing this.

The more I use this app the more I like it! You can even multi-quote like I'm doing now on it :D.

Cheers,

Del

N16SHP
28th December 2010, 10:17 AM
I can't put it down either. It's the best present I've ever bought my wife :lol:

Slightly off topic, but my father in law to be did the same thing last Christmas, bought his wife a DSLR even though she has no interest in photography, and bought her an iPad for her birthday earlier this year...clever guy it has to be said lol!!

Gismo
30th December 2010, 02:18 PM
Del, the FR guy says he can log in from his iphone and everything works ok??
Anyone else with an iPad able to check to see if the problem exists for everyone or is local to Del

Edit: Seemingly if you press home and power you can perform a screenshot on the iPad

Gismo
30th December 2010, 02:41 PM
Further info from the FR team, Del, can you get a screenshot of the problem, i appreciate you are on an iPad, so, perhaps you'll have to take a photograph of the screen, then send it to me :thumbs up:

Delboy
30th December 2010, 03:31 PM
Further info from the FR team, Del, can you get a screenshot of the problem, i appreciate you are on an iPad, so, perhaps you'll have to take a photograph of the screen, then send it to me :thumbs up:

How's this Alan?

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Miscellaneous/iPadscreenshotofFR.jpg

Delboy
30th December 2010, 03:35 PM
Meant to say it is the same on my iPhone too, so it's not just an iPad issue.

Gismo
30th December 2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks Del, i've sent it to their support guy

Delboy
5th January 2011, 07:50 PM
Any update on this Alan? It seems strange that Tapatalk shows the thumbnails ok but Forum Runner doesn't.

Thanks,

Del

Gismo
6th January 2011, 09:07 AM
Any update on this Alan? It seems strange that Tapatalk shows the thumbnails ok but Forum Runner doesn't.

Thanks,

DelSorry Del, no communication from them at all, perhaps you could try joining their forums and adding a comment to this thread (http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?t=358)

Delboy
6th January 2011, 10:21 AM
Sorry Del, no communication from them at all, perhaps you could try joining their forums and adding a comment to this thread (http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?t=358)

I've taken up the mantle :thumbs up:.

Gismo
6th January 2011, 01:41 PM
I've taken up the mantle :thumbs up:.If nothing else someone from there registered today, not sure if it was a programmer or just someone having a look, but fingers crossed they will have a fix cause the software looks better than tapatalk

Delboy
8th January 2011, 09:39 AM
If nothing else someone from there registered today, not sure if it was a programmer or just someone having a look, but fingers crossed they will have a fix cause the software looks better than tapatalk

Hi Alan,
Did you see their response on the FR forum about an option to disable the remote thumbnailer? I just downloaded an update for the app but the thumbnails are still not working. Do you know what they mean?
Thanks,
Derek

Gismo
8th January 2011, 10:49 PM
Del, their response doesn't make sense, if Tapatalk can view thumbnails no problem when linking to photobucket sites then it must be a FR software issue, not NMS.
I also think the software they are referring to is the forum software, so, i can only wait until they release new software.

NMS can and always has been able to link to photobucket

Gismo
8th January 2011, 11:06 PM
Just tested it while sitting in Atlanta airport, chilled :beer: in hand, not drunk..................... yet :lol: and tapatalk shows your error piccy in thumbnail version on tapatalk and won't on the free download forum runner app, so, it's an FR issue

Delboy
8th January 2011, 11:30 PM
Just tested it while sitting in Atlanta airport, chilled :beer: in hand, not drunk..................... yet :lol: and tapatalk shows your error piccy in thumbnail version on tapatalk and won't on the free download forum runner app, so, it's an FR issue

Yeah, that's what I tried to say to them on the FR Forum - Tapatalk works ok but FR doesn't :argh:.

Ah well, enjoy the beer :beer: :thumbs up:.

Gismo
10th January 2011, 02:52 PM
Upgraded the software to 1.6 today and it still does not work on my Android

Delboy
10th January 2011, 08:28 PM
Upgraded the software to 1.6 today and it still does not work on my Android

I see the guy replied to you on the FR forum - looks like there's another update required to disable the remote thumbnailer in FR. Don't know when that'll be out though.

Delboy
16th February 2011, 10:30 PM
Thumbnails working now! This app is very nice to use now, especially on an iPad.

Gismo
17th February 2011, 08:13 AM
Very strange, i didn't update the software on the NMS server, unless the app has been updated?

Scottie
17th February 2011, 10:05 PM
Testing using the forum app. Thimbu..

Scottie
17th February 2011, 10:06 PM
Cool it worked.

Delboy
18th February 2011, 01:16 PM
Very strange, i didn't update the software on the NMS server, unless the app has been updated?

There was an app update, which appears to have done the trick.

Gismo
18th February 2011, 02:47 PM
There was an app update, which appears to have done the trick.Which just proves that NMS was ok in the first place :thumbs up:

Delboy
18th February 2011, 04:43 PM
Which just proves that NMS was ok in the first place :thumbs up:

:yes nod: :thumbs up:

Gismo
24th March 2011, 07:38 PM
I updated the forum runner software today, any problems let me know :thumbs up:

Gismo
5th May 2011, 01:56 PM
Another update for this software carried out today?
Is anyone using it?

Delboy
7th May 2011, 10:00 PM
Tapatalk also brought out an iPad version so I tend to use that now rather than FR.