PDA

View Full Version : Help -Wul - What Meguirs do I need ?

DNV122
19th July 2004, 07:23 AM
Made a pig's ear of the Autoglym this weekend and saw a massive array of Meguirs products - which one do I use to give a nice shine - there must be a thread out there somewhere WUL !

seany
19th July 2004, 10:20 PM
golding class wax can't get better.

Wul
21st July 2004, 09:12 PM
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

Well where to start - what have you put on the car from the autoglym range? if it's the extra gloss protection then before you put any other product on, then you need to take the EGP off. if it was the super resin polish then you'll be fine. To remove the EGP you can wash the car in fairy liquid and rinse it thoroughly - this is not recommended but does work as long as you are waxing right after. Or if you want to remove any tar spots or blemishes on the surface too then skip the fairy and head straight to Megs Quick Clay - this will leave your paint surface feeling like glass and ready to recieve some wax. in between you can catch any scuffs and swirls with scratch X.

Once your paint is ready you can head straight for Gold Class Wax or NXT Tech Wax - as seany says Gold Class is excellent but I reckon NXT pips it on my black MINI - they are different beasts anyway as GC is carnuba and NXT is a polymer.

You don't need to fully do the above if it sounds like too much hassle but it will be worth it to apply the product to the bare surface to maximise the shine and not just seal in the autoglym stuff.

Oh and invest in a couple of decent microfibre towels for buffing up too - both waxes come with applicator pads for putting it on. :D

Hope your not too confused - just ask away! :)

macblob
27th July 2004, 04:33 AM
Just got some Meguiars NXT Tech Wax at the weekend , washed and waxed the car this evening. Pleased with the results considering I didnt spends absolutely hrs doing it
:D

Easy to apply and remove and smells nice aswell