PDA

View Full Version : Wiper Problem

N16SHP
21st December 2010, 05:19 PM
So after driving about Kirsten's new S for a while, its became apparent that regardless whether we are moving or standing still, there is no intermittent wiper mode. You can push the stalk down for one wipe, up once it's continuous and up again is fast, there is not intermittent. Surely this is a fault and not some new programming do-da right?

Help from other R56 S (late 2007) onwards owners would be appreciated!

GCA3N
21st December 2010, 07:03 PM
Press the button on the end of the wiper stalk for intermittent Neil.

Neil - TXJ
21st December 2010, 07:28 PM
I have automatic wipers and there is not an intermittent mode. Pressing the button simply turns the auto wipers on and off.

GCA3N
22nd December 2010, 07:02 AM
I have automatic wipers and there is not an intermittent mode. Pressing the button simply turns the auto wipers on and off.

I should have read that, never realised it was auto wipers Neil was on about. That would make sense now.

N16SHP
22nd December 2010, 11:41 AM
I didn't think her new Mini had automatic wipers...hmmmm, we're finding new things in this car everyday!!

Stewart
22nd December 2010, 11:51 AM
If not the Auto you just push it in and away it goes.

Delboy
22nd December 2010, 01:30 PM

Why would you need intermittent when you have auto wipers :confused: :hand:?

Think it is either/or.

Neil - I push the button at the end of the stalk for intermittent, then push it again to stop. :thumbs up:

Neil - TXJ
22nd December 2010, 10:10 PM
Why would you need intermittent when you have auto wipers :confused: :hand:?

Think it is either/or.

Neil - I push the button at the end of the stalk for intermittent, then push it again to stop. :thumbs up:

Auto wipers don't always work when you want them to either to often or not enough. If I had a choice I would have had auto lights but not the auto wipers.