PDA

View Full Version : JC's Sponsorship

Gismo
21st December 2010, 10:11 AM
Sorry to say folks that it would appear that JC's will withdraw their sponsorship effective 1st January.
Sadly their forum will be withdrawn.

I'd like to thank everyone involved from JC's for their fantastic support over the years i've owned NMS and can only hope that they are able to support us again in the future.

It goes without saying that NMS without a main dealer sponsor is not good, therefore, i would ask that anyone with good relations with their respective dealer ask them if they would consider becoming part of our community.

I think we would all agree that the service David supplied was second to none and showed exactly how much business can be generated.

If anyone has any questions or need to pass any details to potential sponsors they should contact me via alan@newminiscotland.co.uk where i'll be happy to explain the benefits etc

Craig
21st December 2010, 10:44 AM
Real shame that this is coming to an end :frown: have to say once David left, I felt the nail was in the coffin as the car sales side never seemed to get involved or utilised the site to generate sales.

Hopefully another dealer will want to get involved and be more than just a name on a forum ;)

baptie
21st December 2010, 11:08 AM
The service from Davie was excellent, a loss to JC's.
The challenge is finding another MINI dealer parts dept willing to assist in part supplying.

It was great to see a link between supplier and user forum.

GCA3N
21st December 2010, 11:38 AM
A crying shame and could have been a winner for them. As said though it was david that made the difference.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd December 2010, 01:14 AM
Extremely short sighted of JC's, particularly taking into account the sponsorship rates have plummeted.

I realise as much as any business that pennies have never been tighter and there is no question marketing spend absolutely must be spent wisely. I just can't help thinking JC's no doubt spend a small fortune with weekly radio and newspaper ads - and the cost of sponsorship of this site must pale into virtual insignificance in the grand scheme of things.

They are also preaching to the converted, and you'll never find a more willing customer base.

A.:confused:

RobSco
22nd December 2010, 09:49 AM
Hi Alan

Emails sent to Peter Vardy to the three contacts I know of, one of them being Peter Vardy himself.

Hope something comes out of it and they will see the advantages of being a sponsor on New Mini Scotland...

Hope this Helps... :thumbs up:

stoney
22nd December 2010, 11:06 AM
Hi Alan

Emails sent to Peter Vardy to the three contacts I know of, one of them being Peter Vardy himself.

Hope something comes out of it and they will see the advantages of being a sponsor on New Mini Scotland...

:lol: i phoned them and got told 2 speak to head office and they where dam right rude at head office !!!!

i am going to see the one we were talking about on the 30th as well :thumbs up:

stoney
22nd December 2010, 11:08 AM
also if any want a cover letter to send to a dealer them please let me or alan know and we can email to the dealers

Forbes
22nd December 2010, 04:26 PM
Try JCs ABerdeen, they seem to be more friendly these days. Noticed them sponsoring a few events - they might sponsor the site?

RobSco
22nd December 2010, 08:53 PM
Hi Alan

Hi All

Just to let you know Email back from Peter...

"Thanks for the note and the opportunity. I've sent this on to our marketing guys who will look at it and come back to you..."

"Have a great Christmas!"

Will Keep you posted of any new issues regarding the sponsorship at least it's a step in the right direction... :thumbs up:

Gismo
23rd December 2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks for your help Robert :thumbs up:

Mon the fish
23rd December 2010, 10:06 AM
I know someone high-up in Fairbairn's, I'll have an informal chat and see what they think

gauldrymini
31st December 2010, 09:58 PM
Did our last NMS discounted parts purchase at JCs today...:sad:

Gismo
31st December 2010, 10:25 PM
Did our last NMS discounted parts purchase at JCs today...:sad:They may continue to give you discount even though they ceased the sponsorship

Livi
11th January 2011, 12:26 AM
Hi guys,

Just popping past to let you know I'm still alive, also, would like to say I'm now MINI-less as dad bought it off me (still in the family) as its not being used as much as it should.

Would like to thank the custom and friends I made over the past 3 years and I'm sorry for leaving you guys stranded without a partsman to help (i did try but obviously no Interest!!)

If I was still there things would of been different wether I paid for the sponsor myself or so, but due to certain circumstances in change I had to leave.

I do miss all you guys and hope you are all taking care :D

Forbes
11th January 2011, 02:42 PM
CHeers David, hope all is well