PDA

View Full Version : Big scratch on bonnet :-(

Minimynx
15th December 2010, 10:17 PM
Hello, I've spoken to some guys at work (CAT engineers) & car mechanics, where I get my mot done etc & they reckon I would need my whole bonnet repainted.

Any advise on where to take poor wee mini & approx cost for this sort of repair?

Also, in all the recent snow & ice I accidently skidded & reversed into salt bin in my street & now have horrid yellow & white scratches on my bumper :sad: think touch up painy would do the trick? Do halfords do blackeye purple?!

Thanks for any help,
L.C

Craig
15th December 2010, 11:08 PM
Can't help with a painter in your area, but bep is the best colour ;)

Sorry you've had problems :frown:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoney
15th December 2010, 11:18 PM
There is a good painter in strathaven I will look out his number for u ;) got it some where he has done work for me in the past and been very good

ianking
16th December 2010, 09:27 AM
As a guide my mate takes £150 + vat to do a bonnet. He is a very good painter.
I wouldnt touch up a bumper, It wouldnt cost that much more to get the bumper done when its all ready in getting the bonnet done.

k3ith
17th December 2010, 07:40 PM
My wife did the same but it was a large white rock. I got a smart repair done to our bumper and its brilliant - Chips Away did it.
Plus having had work done to a bonnet you need to cut in the wings to get a good match for the paint so the bonnet doesn't stand out.

Minimynx
17th December 2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for all the replies, think I'd better wait til xmas etc is over & done with then maybe get some phone numbers from a couple of ya, if that's ok.