PDA

View Full Version : State of our roads!!

zimbo
15th December 2010, 12:19 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else getting a little p****d off with the state of most of the roads where they live? I mean the roads around here have SO MUCH ICE on them, your almost at the point of needing to have a big 4x4 to get over them!! and they are also covered in what appears to be gravel, so any speeding trucks or larger vehicles going in the other direction end up throwing them up hitting your car!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

I am really fed up with it, and its not helping that I have now discovered that I have a puncture on one of my front Run-flat tyres as well, but have no money what so ever to get it repaired if thats even possible, so am now going to have to go out and put one of my sets of alloys on the car, which I was not wanting to do till spring at the earliest!! :ragin:

GOD DAMN ROADS!!! :ragin::argh:

sorry rant over

...for now :p

GCA3N
15th December 2010, 12:50 PM
Agreed on the roads mate, I am driving to Aberdeen this afternoon and not really looking forward to it. As far as repairs to RF's go, most companies now allow repairs to their tyres, I know Dunlops do anyways. There are still a small amount of repair centres though that might not carry out the work, so best to check it out in advance. I had one done earlier this year and it was only a tenner. BTW if the puncture is on the side wall or close to it they won't repair.

MINI William
15th December 2010, 01:01 PM
Agreed Zimbo the roads are a mess. Our road is bad at the best times with potholes but just now it is beyond a joke there is slabs of road now lieing everywhere with the road breaking up. There is potholes that you could stand in

LightningStevie
15th December 2010, 01:15 PM
Its a nightmare in Edinburgh! Its why I hate run flat tyres as well, you feel every little crack as you go over them. It will only get worse :(

Ferengo
15th December 2010, 05:22 PM
I was driving down near the Michelin on Sunday when some idiot decided they wanted to do 70and over take me. They kicked up loads of stones onto my car.

Delboy
15th December 2010, 08:36 PM
I agree, the roads are a disgrace :ragin:. I hit a new pot hole going to work on Monday this week and I honestly thought I'd broken something - it was such a huge thump I expected to see the run flat indicator light come on or to hear some crunching or banging......luckily everything seemed to be ok.

AndyP & Lenore
15th December 2010, 08:49 PM
The roads are a nightmare. But before we lambaste every council worker or Bear Scotland worker, we need to remember that at this time of year all they can do with a pot hole is fill it with cold tar and come back in a couple of days and do it again. It won't until spring they can fix them properly. Don't understand why ice hasn't been cleared off though.

A.

Sheilz
15th December 2010, 10:45 PM
Don't think Aberdeen has repaired last year's potholes so nae chance of new ones being fixed. Think they've had to pay out a significant amount of money to motorists because of damage to their cars.

audrey
15th December 2010, 11:51 PM
Potholes in Glasgow not been repaired since last year either :ragin: As for the ice everyone is driving in the middle of the road as you cant get anywhere near the pavements :frown:

Stewart
15th December 2010, 11:53 PM
Thing is I was out there in Glasgow city centre and it's shocking. At night and damp I have one eye on the surface and I never had to do that five, ten, fifthteen years ago. I really hate driving on a road that I have not been down in ages as the roads that I do know I have a mental map of the holes. Some would damage! They did fix a good few and fixed them proper but I seen some crackers tonight.
We pay good money road tax and get roads that damage our cars. Someone is to blame, not the road workers for sure blame the bankers and wasteful government.