PDA

View Full Version : McGard Ultra.......

Starky
18th July 2004, 01:25 AM
....locking wheel studs, just been voted best on test (Auto Express), security expert was unable to "crack" them, sounds like an investment at £35 from Halfords. (Halfords are doing a promo. this week, spend £50 and get a £10 credit voucher) :D

Sheilz
18th July 2004, 09:22 AM
Its good that they cant be stolen but what if a determined thief did damage to the wheels in the process of trying? £35 is an awful lot to pay to have nice wheels vandalized. Or am i just being a pessimist?!
:blackeye:

Starky
19th July 2004, 12:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

Its good that they cant be stolen but what if a determined thief did damage to the wheels in the process of trying? £35 is an awful lot to pay to have nice wheels vandalized. Or am i just being a pessimist?!

Yup! :p:D:D

euan
20th July 2004, 06:44 PM
I bought these - you need to watch the colour of the studs as MINI ones tend to be darker and mcgard tend to only do silver ones. You can get darker ones but they are much rarer.

Starky
21st July 2004, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the tip Euan, I've still got the X-lites so it's not a problem at the moment, going to get a set Wed. so I'll have a wee look see. :D

minidriver#1
21st July 2004, 08:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

£35 is little to pay to save your £1500 wheels being nicked ;)

Starky
23rd July 2004, 01:37 AM
Try this
www.autoexpress.co.uk/http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/product_test_story.php?id=48339 Also this is the last day for the promo. offer, git yersells doon tae Halfrauds right now. :D