PDA

View Full Version : Hand Car Wash OR Automated???

gauldrymini
8th December 2010, 09:53 AM
Ouside tap frozen and driveway like Siberia...

Think the company VeeDub Golf needs a wash...but do I go to an automated one :confused: OR one of the numerous "hand wash" outfits :confused:

Folks thoughts?

stoney
8th December 2010, 10:04 AM
IMO just take it to a hot preshure washer you get them at morrisons i would not go neer any other on that would touch the car at least if you just take it to a peshure washer you dont need to scrub it just blast the dirt off that all i do at the moment with this cold but i doubt any will be open the now with this cold wether -12 here today

GCA3N
8th December 2010, 10:07 AM
IMO just take it to a hot preshure washer you get them at morrisons i would not go neer any other on that would touch the car at least if you just take it to a peshure washer you dont need to scrub it just blast the dirt off that all i do at the moment with this cold but i doubt any will be open the now with this cold wether -12 here today

Agree with rob take it to a pressure washer station. (if any are open) I would never go near an automated one, nor one of those "hand wash stations" but hey it's your motor.

MINI William
8th December 2010, 12:44 PM
As the others have said take it to a pressure washer and give it a good soak will take the vast majority of the rubbish off untill the weather cheers up a bit

Gismo
8th December 2010, 03:31 PM
It's a company car ffs, take it where you want :thumbs up:

N16SHP
8th December 2010, 04:11 PM
If it's a company car does it need a wash at all :D

Fester
8th December 2010, 04:46 PM
Glad to hear someone else takes care of their company car, when I had mine I kept it in the standard I kept my own car in when it went back the lease company did not think it was the right car as it was too clean according to them. I say man up and get the bucket and sponge out :o)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug_m
8th December 2010, 08:28 PM
Glad to hear someone else takes care of their company car, when I had mine I kept it in the standard I kept my own car in when it went back the lease company did not think it was the right car as it was too clean according to them. I say man up and get the bucket and sponge out :o)

I agree :babypram:

except the sponge, get a mitt haha

Crombers
8th December 2010, 08:55 PM
It's a company car ffs, take it where you want :thumbs up:

+ 1 :yes nod: , but in this cold get yourself down the pub & wait til April :hand:

Bazthemod
8th December 2010, 10:49 PM
Theres a touchless car wash on the Kingsway.... they use snowfoam and then rinse and use spray wax.

Not perfect job but gets the worst off the car without damage. Thats what i've been doing its only a fiver.

gauldrymini
9th December 2010, 10:49 AM
Theres a touchless car wash on the Kingsway.... they use snowfoam and then rinse and use spray wax.

Not perfect job but gets the worst off the car without damage. Thats what i've been doing its only a fiver.

Baz,

Is that the newish one at the roundabout just down from TESCO?

Andrew

Burple
9th December 2010, 01:34 PM
The one with the old Mini clubby-van outside as an advert??

Baz,

Is that the newish one at the roundabout just down from TESCO?

Andrew

Bazthemod
9th December 2010, 10:09 PM
Thats the one! :)

Scottie
9th December 2010, 10:41 PM
i've been using handy andy at Dobbies a snow foam (if you can call it that) and then a jet wash no sponges nothing costs a fiver but worth it.

weefossy
10th December 2010, 07:17 PM
Like Baz, we have a foam and spray job, just off the A1, they do a great job for £6 and nothing touches the car.

MINI William
14th December 2010, 09:41 PM
Like Baz, we have a foam and spray job, just off the A1, they do a great job for £6 and nothing touches the car.

Is that Elf? If so they are very good I used to use them when we lived in Haddington

weefossy
14th December 2010, 09:50 PM
Yes it is William. They do a good job and it gets the heavy off in the winter. They also make an extra effort when they see it is a nice car, spending plenty of time on the alloys.
Tranet is still not too far away from you?

Craig
14th December 2010, 09:51 PM
i've been using handy andy at Dobbies a snow foam (if you can call it that) and then a jet wash no sponges nothing costs a fiver but worth it.

used that one Fi on Saturday when I was out getting a xmas tree with my sister ;) Dobbies was jumping ! :thud:

MINI William
14th December 2010, 09:56 PM
Yes it is William. They do a good job and it gets the heavy off in the winter. They also make an extra effort when they see it is a nice car, spending plenty of time on the alloys.
Tranet is still not too far away from you?

They do an excellent job and they are better than anyone around these parts. no they are not that far away when I think about it. Might pop into them on Sunday weather depending. The always seemed to take extra long on any of dads Evos et that he took in there