PDA

View Full Version : Everyone meet.... "Tilikum"

AndyP & Lenore
5th December 2010, 10:14 PM
"Tili" is an 8 week old Maltese Terrier. We just got him home today and he's settled in really well. Not missing the rest of his brothers and sister.... yet, but I'm sure that will come tonight when it's sleepy times.

He's a wee rascal and is chewing my fingers as I sit here and type this. Makes typpng nt eeeasy.

Our two cats have been excellent too. They are keeping their distance at the moment but they'll come round and accept him in time.

We're used to having dogs as we had two Samoyeds over 17 years but we lost them 5 and 2 years ago and it only really dawned on me tonight as we were sat eating dinner as Tili was wandering around the kitchen diner, just how much we've missed having a dog around the house.

We can't believe how well he's settled in with us, playing with his toys and tugging at our slippers (while we walk about!!!) and giving us cuddles etc. He's behaving like he's known us for weeks.

I'm blogging our experiences with Tili, here. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/entry.php?5-Tilikum-and-us)

Some pics...

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/fun_stuff/tili_26.JPG
http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/fun_stuff/tili_21.JPG

Just realised this third pic looks like Lenore has booted the wee guy with her slipper. She hadn't. It's just the way it was captured. Honest.:yes nod:
http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/fun_stuff/tili_5.JPG

Craig
5th December 2010, 10:21 PM
Nice one mate. Hope he settles in well ;). Reminds me of my neighbours westie which is now 17 weeks old :thumbs up:

Glad he's settling in well ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottie
5th December 2010, 10:26 PM
what a cute wee thing. I thought it was a girl by your name until I read your post and you said him?? is "tili come" how you say it?

AndyP & Lenore
5th December 2010, 10:32 PM
what a cute wee thing. I thought it was a girl by your name until I read your post and you said him?? is "tili come" how you say it?

Yeah that's right.:thumbs up:

He is named after an Orca Whale that Lenore loves.:D

Scottie
5th December 2010, 10:34 PM
OK. Well at least it is going to be easy to train him to recall.... TILI COME.. lol cracking wee dug.:thumbs up:

Yeah that's right.:thumbs up:

He is named after an Orca Whale that Lenore loves.:D

AndyP & Lenore
5th December 2010, 10:41 PM
OK. Well at least it is going to be easy to train him to recall.... TILI COME.. lol cracking wee dug.:thumbs up:

Lol. Yeah his name has advantages. But it will mostly be shortened to Tili.

He's melting our hearts already. :D

A.

Doug_m
5th December 2010, 10:51 PM
Looks awesome.

Ive been trying to purswaid mum to get a wee pup, she not keen. Fail.

Stewart
5th December 2010, 11:20 PM
He looks a wee smasher! That will make a fun Xmas for both of you and him.

AndyP & Lenore
5th December 2010, 11:21 PM
Looks awesome.

Ive been trying to purswaid mum to get a wee pup, she not keen. Fail.

He looks a wee smasher! That will make a fun Xmas for both of you and him.

Cheers guys!

A.:D

GCA3N
5th December 2010, 11:49 PM
Wow guys dead chuffed for you both.

audrey
5th December 2010, 11:58 PM
He is so cute :D Wee cheeky face bet he will keep you busy

Gismo
6th December 2010, 12:42 AM
Crackin looking animal you got there

Delboy
6th December 2010, 01:07 AM
Aha! New arrival.....nice!

He looks great :yes nod:, congrats :thumbs up:.

stoney
6th December 2010, 08:16 AM
good stuff andy loks a loverly wee pup :thumbs up:

MINI William
6th December 2010, 08:19 AM
Looks a great wee pup

AndyP & Lenore
6th December 2010, 09:07 AM
Cheers everyone. He had a good night, but how often have you seen me posting at 8am before? lol.

A.

dellie
6th December 2010, 09:55 AM
awwww he is sooooo cute!!!!

zimbo
6th December 2010, 10:12 AM
Congrats Andy and Lenore he looks like a wee cutie.

Burple
6th December 2010, 10:38 AM
:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Crackin' wee guy! Bet he'll be a right wee furry terror :D

Congrats guys! :cool:

N16SHP
6th December 2010, 10:41 AM
Beautiful we pup Andy! He sounds like a bit of a rascal, which provides plenty laughs and fun times!! Hope he continues to settle in ok, and you don't have to sleep on the floor with him for the first couple of nights like we had to...not for him, so we could get some sleep and stop the crying lol!!!

AndyP & Lenore
6th December 2010, 10:59 AM
Cheers everyone.:thumbs up:

Neil, I know what you mean, but I suspect you may have made it worse for yourself in the long run. New puppies need to know their incessant crying wont cause any kind of reaction from you. It's very hard indeed to lie in bed listening to a puppy crying knowing you have the power to stop the crying and settle him, but to do so, lets the puppy know he can summon you on command. You'll pay for it later.

He slept in our bedroom last night but he was contained in a pet carrier, for his own safety because we have stairs in the house and he's nothing like big enough to navigate them safely so there's no way we could let him have the run of the house. At about 5am last night, for 10 mins, you'd think we were tearing his limbs off. But after 10 mins he realised his whimpering and yapping was getting him nowhere, he laid back down and went back to sleep. Up again at 7.30am, but he's a puppy and he'd pretty well slept from 11pm through to 7.30 - can't argue with that.

N16SHP
6th December 2010, 11:26 AM
Cheers everyone.:thumbs up:

Neil, I know what you mean, but I suspect you may have made it worse for yourself in the long run. New puppies need to know their incessant crying wont cause any kind of reaction from you. It's very hard indeed to lie in bed listening to a puppy crying knowing you have the power to stop the crying and settle him, but to do so, lets the puppy know he can summon you on command. You'll pay for it later.

He slept in our bedroom last night but he was contained in a pet carrier, for his own safety because we have stairs in the house and he's nothing like big enough to navigate them safely so there's no way we could let him have the run of the house. At about 5am last night, for 10 mins, you'd think we were tearing his limbs off. But after 10 mins he realised his whimpering and yapping was getting him nowhere, he laid back down and went back to sleep. Up again at 7.30am, but he's a puppy and he'd pretty well slept from 11pm through to 7.30 - can't argue with that.

Yeah, it was Kirsten's dad who gave in and went down to lie next to her...sucker lol! She sleeps no bother now, but we put the light on under the cooker hood, and put the radio on and that did the trick, otherwise I totally agree that she'd be a right little madam now!

KenL
6th December 2010, 07:39 PM
What a cute pup.

I'm glad your cats are not to pee'd off by its presence. I suspect mine would go in a right mood if a dog entered the house.

frizzie__kizzie
6th December 2010, 09:34 PM
I want oneeeeeeeeee! Daaaad.........

Duncan Stewart
6th December 2010, 09:37 PM
so cute! Helen wants one :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
6th December 2010, 10:45 PM
Cheers folks.:thumbs up:

Craig
6th December 2010, 11:12 PM
Hope he settles in ok... Our next door neighbours 17 week old westie was in earlier tonight and decided to squat down on our living room carpet and have a dump !! Quality :lol: but that's puppies for you. Johns face was a picture !! ;)

AndyP & Lenore
7th December 2010, 12:16 AM
Hope he settles in ok... Our next door neighbours 17 week old westie was in earlier tonight and decided to squat down on our living room carpet and have a dump !! Quality :lol: but that's puppies for you. Johns face was a picture !! ;)

Settling in fine mate.

I can imagine John's face, but I can imagine Jude's even better. lol.:laugh:

A.

zimbo
7th December 2010, 12:21 AM
I'm glad your cats are not to pee'd off by its presence....

Thats probably because they are bigger than him and probably always will be :lol:

Our next door neighbours 17 week old westie was in earlier tonight and decided to squat down on our living room carpet and have a dump !! Quality :lol: but that's puppies for you. Johns face was a picture !! ;)

Well I think something resembling Lenores furry slipper would have come in handy for that :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
7th December 2010, 01:03 AM
For those interested, I'm having a go at blogging our experiences with Tili.

Read the blog here. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/entry.php?5-Tilikum-and-us)

Mini Ecosse
7th December 2010, 08:25 AM
but I can imagine Jude's even better. lol.:laugh:

A.
:lol::lol:

AndyP & Lenore
8th December 2010, 11:55 PM
Blog updated. Tili decided to have his say...

AndyP & Lenore
12th December 2010, 01:52 AM
Another blog entry. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/entry.php?7-Tilikum-and-Us-the-teeth-are-growing-fast.)

Flash_Amber
12th December 2010, 09:23 PM
Just noticed this post. What a lovely little pup, just imagine the fun you're going to have when the Christmas tree goes up! We are dog lovers too and we have 4 at the moment (we breed and show dogs). I'm now away to read your blog!

AndyP & Lenore
13th December 2010, 12:32 AM
Just noticed this post. What a lovely little pup, just imagine the fun you're going to have when the Christmas tree goes up! We are dog lovers too and we have 4 at the moment (we breed and show dogs). I'm now away to read your blog!

Cheers Amber:thumbs up:. What do you breed/show?

In the early days of Samoyed ownership I showed both Minstral and Merlin, but I became disheartened with it after a while and gave it up. Merlin won Best Puppy IN Show at a show in Lochgelly. Can't remember if it was a limit or an open show. And he got a reserve place in his class in Crufts. Both of these many years ago back in the 90's.

Flash_Amber
13th December 2010, 08:18 PM
Cheers Amber:thumbs up:. What do you breed/show?

In the early days of Samoyed ownership I showed both Minstral and Merlin, but I became disheartened with it after a while and gave it up. Merlin won Best Puppy IN Show at a show in Lochgelly. Can't remember if it was a limit or an open show. And he got a reserve place in his class in Crufts. Both of these many years ago back in the 90's.

We breed/show Staffordshire Bull Terriers, although not showing as much these days (too much bitching and back stabbing). We've done not too badly, being placed at most of the shows we attend and have also been to Crufts on a few occasions, but its not a cheap hobby so we're taking a break for a while :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
13th December 2010, 08:57 PM
We breed/show Staffordshire Bull Terriers, although not showing as much these days (too much bitching and back stabbing).

Oh dear, not much changed in 15 years then.:frown:

A.

Flash_Amber
14th December 2010, 03:00 PM
Oh dear, not much changed in 15 years then.:frown:

A.

Nope, I dont think it will ever change!

N12 JLK
30th December 2010, 06:36 PM
What a cutie Andy. Glad you decided to go for another wee pup. Our Duke was 2 yesterday - how time flies!

Lesley

T5LLC
31st December 2010, 10:11 PM
Just catching up on threads. Lovely puppy! We had a Maltese Terrier called Abby had her 10 years, great dog!

AndyP & Lenore
9th January 2011, 01:32 AM
Blog updated. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/entry.php?8-Tilikum-And-Us-growing-fast.)

A. :D

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2011, 07:51 PM
Tili has his very own web site.

http://tili.co.uk

I've moved his blog from here to his own site, and I'll update it as Tili grows up. So, don't check the blog on NMS any more, it will be on his new site. But I'll still post up here to say when his blog has been updated or when I add new pics or vids.

His site currently has a load of pics, a few You Tube vids and his ongoing blog.

A.:thumbs up: