PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!

WeeTerri
5th December 2010, 06:42 PM
well silly me lost my car key on a drunken night out last night :sad: i only had the 1 key for the car so am completely goosed, does anyone have any suggestions and if i get a replacement through my insurance would i loose my no claims bonus??

Thanx
T

KenL
5th December 2010, 07:35 PM
well silly me lost my car key on a drunken night out last night :sad: i only had the 1 key for the car so am completely goosed, does anyone have any suggestions and if i get a replacement through my insurance would i loose my no claims bonus??

Thanx
T

Oops! Firstly, I suggest you do not let your insurers know you had had a few:beer:

Was it just your car key you lost? Might be worth looking to see if your house insurance policy covers this. I would suggest this policy would have a lower excess than your car insurance.

Even if you do not lose your NCB, it might just be cheaper buying a new key. Best to phone a dealer and ask how much it would cost and if they can provide a new key without your car being at the dealer.

stoney
5th December 2010, 09:48 PM
keys are around £80-£100 dont know if you can do it with out the car beeing at the dealers tho prob will as you can code the key your self !!

WeeTerri
5th December 2010, 09:57 PM
i was told ad be looking at a few hundred to get a replacement!
total tool, took them out as i couldn't get my house key off the keyring so took the lot instead as i was in a hurry, luckily enough my car is in the street and not left in some random location!

T

KenL
6th December 2010, 06:34 AM
i was told ad be looking at a few hundred to get a replacement!
total tool, took them out as i couldn't get my house key off the keyring so took the lot instead as i was in a hurry, luckily enough my car is in the street and not left in some random location!

T

I would be asking the house insurance first then. I "think" the only claims you can make on car policies without affecting your NCB is for windscreen cover, not even sure your car policy would pay out for losing a key?

ianking
6th December 2010, 09:36 AM
Some bank accounts cover this, Im pretty sure RBS Royalties covers you