PDA

View Full Version : police to give 3 point and £60 for snow left on car roof !!!

stoney
1st December 2010, 03:04 PM
i have herd this in the news but can not find a link to it

so what is the best way to take snow off the roof of the car with out scratching all the paint ??

Stewart
1st December 2010, 03:12 PM
I'm needing to head out on Thursday, only thing i can think is to let the car warm up and take the worst of it off but not the very bottom layer.

Forbes
1st December 2010, 03:14 PM
Its a load of bull.

N16SHP
1st December 2010, 03:22 PM
I can understand why they are doing it, I clear my roof every time I get in! I learned my lesson last year using a brush, and paid Polished Bliss some monies for some stuff to remove the plastic residue. I just use either my hand, or my scraper which is one of those you stick your hand inside, so it works a treat!

Delboy
1st December 2010, 03:38 PM
If this is true then the police will be booking every other driver on the road at the moment!

And what depth is acceptable? 1 inch? 2 inches? And should you stop every half an hour when it's snowing to remove any snow that's landed on your roof since you last cleared it?

Sounds like a load of snowballs :smilewinkgrin:.

(I never clear my roof btw, scratchy scratchy :hand:)

Craig
1st December 2010, 04:27 PM
What a load of pish!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satans little helper
1st December 2010, 06:33 PM
hmmm....perhaps there low on funds for there xmas ball....:p

GCA3N
1st December 2010, 06:39 PM
seems pretty unbelievable to me.

satans little helper
1st December 2010, 07:59 PM
just spoke to a cop who lives in my street, he says its alot off shi7e and just a rumour....

The Dogfather
1st December 2010, 11:03 PM
Best way to clear snow is to accelerate to 70 mph and wait for it to slide off in one huge lump on to the fast lane of the A1 ;)

Stewart
2nd December 2010, 11:47 AM
Just shows you the power of the net, Stathclyde had to release a statement to say its bollocks.

satans little helper
2nd December 2010, 01:31 PM
Best way to clear snow is to accelerate to 70 mph and wait for it to slide off in one huge lump on to the fast lane of the A1 ;)

+1 :thumbs up:

Crombers
2nd December 2010, 03:22 PM

Evil genius, I like it :thumbs up:

Gismo
2nd December 2010, 04:07 PM

Evil genius, I like it :thumbs up:I thought both lanes were the same speed limit :Whistle:

The Dogfather
2nd December 2010, 04:19 PM
Nah, inside is slow for muppets, OAPs, traffic officers and slow lorries.

Middle is for people with foglights on, reps and lorries going 1mph quicker than slow lorries until they give up over taking after 10 miles.

Outside lane is for Audis, BMWs and Vans travelling 1 foot from your rear bumper.

Duncan Stewart
2nd December 2010, 04:24 PM
I always clear the snow off my roof and have the scratch to prove it :frown::argh:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd December 2010, 05:44 PM
I always clear the snow off my roof and have the scratch to prove it :frown::argh:
:argh::argh::argh: I'd rather take the 3 points.

A.:argh:

GCA3N
2nd December 2010, 06:26 PM
Nah, inside is slow for muppets, OAPs, traffic officers and slow lorries.

Middle is for people with foglights on, reps and lorries going 1mph quicker than slow lorries until they give up over taking after 10 miles.

Outside lane is for Audis, BMWs and Vans travelling 1 foot from your rear bumper.

:laugh: very true.