PDA

View Full Version : My trip to London...

zimbo
1st December 2010, 02:55 PM
Well I left for a very short visit to relatives in London at midnight on sat/sun arrived there 12 hours later. Next morning left about 10.30 am to do some shopping in London, about 3.30pm I arrived at a friends flat in Royal Tumbridge Wells where very shortly afterwards I started feeling extreme pains in my right handside of my back, pain like I have NEVER EVER felt before!!! :frown:

By 4.30pm I was being seen to by a nurse in A&E in the local hospital, ended up getting CT scan etc and turns out it is a kidney stone... :thud: and I was out by 9.30pm and on my back to my friends house to collect my car and head back to my relatives place in SE London, bout 1/2 hours drive away.

I have still got the damn thing inside me and am on medication to help with the pain or at least prevent it from re-occuring!

I hope and pray that I NEVER feel pain like that ever again :sad:

Anyone else that has this before I now sympathise with you after now knowing 1st hand what you went through, and the rest of you who hav'nt experienced it, oh boy all I can say is is i'm sorry for what you will be about to go through.:Whistle:

So I will never forget this trip to London anyway :rolleyes:

stoney
1st December 2010, 03:06 PM
ouch did you make your pit stop on the way home ???

zimbo
1st December 2010, 03:57 PM
Yes but Mike, didn't have the stuff in for me... So wasted a few hours travelling time and some fuel too!! :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
1st December 2010, 05:22 PM
Dude, really feel for you.:frown::frown: I'm no stranger to kidney pain and it is the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced.:frown::frown:

The docs have told me in the past it's very similar in strength to child birth. I've no frame of reference.:confused:

A.:frown:

GCA3N
1st December 2010, 06:37 PM
Sounds sore mate, get better soon dude.

GCA3N
1st December 2010, 06:38 PM
The docs have told me in the past it's very similar in strength to child birth. I've no frame of reference.:confused:

A.:frown:

I think you might get one or 2 who may argue. Now if it was man, flu well that's another story ;)

Craig
1st December 2010, 06:47 PM
Sorry to hear that Ali. My Dad gad them several years ago and he had a really bed case and had to be hospitalised :frown:

Hope it "passes" soon ;) (sorry couldn't resist)

Neil - TXJ
1st December 2010, 08:33 PM
Had kidney stones a couple of years ago and ended up in hospital on morphine. The bad news is if you have had them once you are likely to get again so I am looking forward to that. If you need them operating on I understand that isn't pleasant either.

I hope they have gone away for you.

john
1st December 2010, 08:51 PM
Sorry to hear that Zimbo, get yourself tucked up in bed (in the house though) I dont think a tent will be warm enough at the mo.:zimbo: :beer:

Sheilz
1st December 2010, 10:57 PM
Had kidney stones a couple of years ago and ended up in hospital on morphine. The bad news is if you have had them once you are likely to get again so I am looking forward to that. If you need them operating on I understand that isn't pleasant either.

I hope they have gone away for you.

I think they zap them with lasers now. Much easier than going under the knife.

Sorry to hear you've had such a lousy time of it. Hope it works out for you (duh!)

zimbo
2nd December 2010, 01:10 AM
Thanks folks. Oh and John :moonie: what :zimbo: do you mean?

Gismo
2nd December 2010, 05:48 AM
Sorry to hear about your stone :Whistle: but, knowing how tight you are you'll no give it up easy :lol:

stoney
2nd December 2010, 08:42 AM
sorry to hear about your stone :whistle: But, knowing how tight you are you'll no give it up easy :lol:

ralmao :lol:

zimbo
2nd December 2010, 11:21 AM
Sorry to hear about your stone :Whistle: but, knowing how tight you are you'll no give it up easy :lol:

ralmao :lol:

:clap: very good... ya fannies :rolleyes:

john
2nd December 2010, 11:08 PM
You knew there would be loads of sympathy for you did'nt you? LOL