PDA

View Full Version : Drink Driving!!

john
30th November 2010, 07:14 PM
Friendly Advice

Please, take care of yourself. A recent joint study conducted by the Department of Health

and the Department of Motor Vehicles indicates that 23% of traffic accidents are alcohol related.

This means that the remaining 77% are caused by a$$holes who just drink coffee,

carbonated drinks, juices, yogurts, on the phone, twittering, and stuff like that.

Therefore, beware of those who do not drink alcohol.

They cause more than three times as many accidents.

GCA3N
30th November 2010, 08:17 PM
superb:laugh::laugh:

stoney
30th November 2010, 10:26 PM
trust you :lol:

Crombers
1st December 2010, 01:29 PM
Well said Mr B, I'll raise my glass to that :beer:

ELFMAN
1st December 2010, 02:34 PM
Not missing the humorous aspect to John's thread, but let's be honest, if you DO drink alcohol and drive, you're an immensely thoughtless selfish Tw@t and better pray that you never run into me, or you'll be a critically injured/dead immensely thoughtless selfish Tw@t and I'll take my chances in Court.

There are obviously various causes of accidents - carelessness, inappropriate driving in certain conditions/areas, distractions like phones etc etc - but if you've had a drink, you're even MORE liable to indulge in one of the aforementioned pastimes. Basically, if you take a drink and then get in your car, you're playing russian roulette with us all. So, statistical point taken, but let's not fall into the trap of playing down the problem of that deadly minority who might one day run your family off the road - or the pavement...

Delboy
1st December 2010, 02:48 PM
Elfman - agree I do :yoda:

ELFMAN
1st December 2010, 05:18 PM
Didn't want to come over all 'Bah, Humbug!', but I'll settle for 'Bah, Werthers!'

At this time of year when the ELFMAN's out helping Santa on his rounds, it pays to watch out for the p*ssed-up loonies.

GCA3N
1st December 2010, 06:45 PM
Valid points Euan, I used to get some crackers stopping people. Not to bore you but the best was a gentleman who when asked if he had been drinking said "No, not in the last hour", I said what about before, he replied "oh yes I've been at a Christening...all day. :thud:

He blew over 150, which in layman's terms is 5 times the legal limit, scary bit was he didn't seem that bad.

ELFMAN
2nd December 2010, 11:31 AM
As you said :thud: