PDA

View Full Version : Which Wheels

Neil - TXJ
21st November 2010, 03:40 PM
Hi

I have a new CR MCS which I had fitted with winter tyres when I got it. Come spring I will be looking to put on new wheels and tyres. I have currently identified 5 tyres that I like the look of and have added at attachments and would appreciate peoples views. I have also attached a picture of my car. I have tried to set this up as a Poll so fingers crossed it has worked.

I am currently undecided on 16" or 17" but most come in both so not a ig issue at this stage. I do however like the BBS CS4 but they only come as 17 x 7.5 - is that a problem as I thought standard size was 17 x 7.

Look forward to haring from you all.

Sorry, couldn't get the Poll to work. Tried to delete the thread but couldn't do that either sorry. Therefore just let me know what you think of the 5 Wheels, which are:-
Momo Win
Konig Bump
BBS CS4
Kei Racing Force 10
Team Dynamics 1.2s

Trigger:confused:

Gismo
21st November 2010, 04:01 PM
I like the Kei Racing wheels :thumbs up:

No poll on this thread

GCA3N
21st November 2010, 04:31 PM
Momo's for me, look sweet.

MINI William
21st November 2010, 04:41 PM
Poll added for you Trigger and my vote in

Mon the fish
21st November 2010, 05:15 PM
Whichever is the lightest

Neil - TXJ
21st November 2010, 05:21 PM
Momo's for me, look sweet.

Thanks.

Poll added for you Trigger and my vote in

Thanks for adding the poll

ianking
21st November 2010, 05:59 PM
Kei racing for me

AndyP & Lenore
22nd November 2010, 12:23 AM
Momo Win wins for me. All black will match the stripes.:thumbs up:

A.

Craig
22nd November 2010, 12:28 AM
I'm prob the only one here who won't vote... :rolleyes: as I don't like any of the wheels . :frown:

Each to their own, hope you get what you want :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
22nd November 2010, 01:36 AM
I'm with Craig on that one not really a fan of any of them either .. what about these (my fav's)

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z347/EcosseGP/BSRS1BGkKGrHgoH-EEjlLlyKFGBKCgmlOLQ_12.jpg

can always get them in plain silver too. If I had to choose one though it would be the Momo - good quality too.

The Momo Win looks like a copy of the current Audi wheels but in anthracite no ? The others will be murder to clean too ...

Craig - Myabe see if John will part with his

The Dogfather
22nd November 2010, 07:58 AM
I'm not a fan of any of the wheels also, if you're going to spend money on wheels then put light ones on.

I managed to get hold of a cheap set of OZ Ultraleggeras and they were well worth the investment both in terms of weight and looks.

http://www.roadster-concept.de/pic/felgen/ozracing-alufelgen/ultraleggera1.jpg

craigib76
22nd November 2010, 10:53 AM
i have had a set of kei force 10's and they are very soft whels and tend to bend very easly and sometimes crack ifits a heavy knock like a pothole or the like

Mon the fish
23rd November 2010, 08:33 AM
if you're going to spend money on wheels then put light ones on.

^ this. Your car will transformed by fitting light wheels.

zimbo
23rd November 2010, 11:04 AM
They're all nice, but I like alloy wheels anyway and I find it hard choosing ones for myself, but if you like them all seeing as these are the ones you have chosen for your poll then the best solution is to print pics of all your chosen wheels fold them up all the same size then put them in a hat or a bowl then close your eyes put your hand in swirl them about , then pick one piece of paper and bingo you have your chosen wheesl!! :yes nod: :clap: (Im serious by the way)

Mon the fish
23rd November 2010, 06:46 PM
Also, try rarerims.co.uk - allows you to upload a pic of your car, and try the wheels on them virtually

Neil - TXJ
23rd November 2010, 11:27 PM
i have had a set of kei force 10's and they are very soft whels and tend to bend very easly and sometimes crack ifits a heavy knock like a pothole or the like

Thanks. Useful info

Neil - TXJ
23rd November 2010, 11:37 PM
Also, try rarerims.co.uk - allows you to upload a pic of your car, and try the wheels on them virtually

Thanks. Will take a look

Neil - TXJ
23rd November 2010, 11:39 PM
They're all nice, but I like alloy wheels anyway and I find it hard choosing ones for myself, but if you like them all seeing as these are the ones you have chosen for your poll then the best solution is to print pics of all your chosen wheels fold them up all the same size then put them in a hat or a bowl then close your eyes put your hand in swirl them about , then pick one piece of paper and bingo you have your chosen wheesl!! :yes nod: :clap: (Im serious by the way)

I will probably end up doing something like that!

MrMischief
24th November 2010, 10:09 PM
I'm not a fan of any of the wheels also, if you're going to spend money on wheels then put light ones on.

I managed to get hold of a cheap set of OZ Ultraleggeras and they were well worth the investment both in terms of weight and looks.

http://www.roadster-concept.de/pic/felgen/ozracing-alufelgen/ultraleggera1.jpg

I agree, Ultraleggeras are stunning...& not simply a case of form over function. I had OZ Supertourismo's before & they were light but a pain to clean....strong too.

Neil - TXJ
25th November 2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks for comments everybody. Like the look of the OZ - Ultraleggera which were not even on my original list!

Not the cheapest but would probably go for 16" so not to bad. Will need to do some searching to see what the best price is.

Cheers.

Neil - TXJ
19th December 2010, 12:33 PM
So have finally narrowed my choice down to the Oz - Ultraleggera or TD Pro Race so now need to investigate best price I can get.

Can anybody recommend good reliable web sites, I will also need tyres.

I was very tempted by R105 but can't justify price and don't want 18"

Cheers

LadyR
13th November 2011, 06:29 PM
hah. i was searching through the forum wondering why nobody has R105s ( i do, thought i must be missing something)

Neil - TXJ
13th November 2011, 07:46 PM
Takes me back. Ended up with none of these and got R99's - for various reasons had to stick with OEM's but would have preferred lighter wheels.