PDA

View Full Version : Jacking Point Covers

EcosseGP
17th November 2010, 03:09 PM
I wonder if anyone on here can help me. I've a Mini Gp and on checking underneath it this morning I've noticed that the jacking point covers are missing.

Firstly can I ask the obvious question .. Should there be covers for them and secondly does anyone know the best place to get a replacement set (or just Mini delearship).

Also is it worth replacing them or do they just fall off and thats why they're missing ..

Any help would be appreciated .. I hate having bits missing or not working properly (even if you can't see them)

Thanks in advance for your help :thumbs up:

stoney
17th November 2010, 03:27 PM
they dont have them mate there will be orange blocks in the back of the car witch slot in to the holes when jacking the car up and also a wee tip you only have to jack the front up and the back will lift as well :thumbs up:

RyanK
17th November 2010, 05:41 PM
There is a standard jacking point in amongst the plastic housing if your stuck for the orange blocks. I use this because I hate the dangerous blocks lol, and also i'd need to chop the block in half to get it under my side skirt

EcosseGP
17th November 2010, 06:24 PM
Lads thanks for that but I'm talking about a part of the body kit that fits over the holes for the jack points and covers them .. not the jacking blocks themselves .. I appear to have four open squares where the jacking blocks go but think there should be covers that go over them .. right/wrong ?

stoney
17th November 2010, 06:47 PM
ok i was wrong there is covers

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=RE92&mospid=51242&btnr=51_6253&hg=51&fg=16

EcosseGP
17th November 2010, 07:06 PM
Stoney ... *** TOP OF THE CLASS MATE *** thanks a million for that do you have the diagram for the other side so I can check the part numbers for that too and order all 4 ... Brilliant !!

EcosseGP
17th November 2010, 07:14 PM
Infact just cancel that Stoney everything I need I can get from that diagram ... Thanks a million mate

cooperchris
17th November 2010, 07:14 PM
Stoney ... *** TOP OF THE CLASS MATE *** thanks a million for that do you have the diagram for the other side so I can check the part numbers for that too and order all 4 ... Brilliant !!

Just checked the diagram and no.4 looks like it fits both sides front, There is 2xNo.6 for left rear and right rear bud :thumbs up:

Part numbers are diff for left and right

Edit... I see you noticed before i did :laugh:

GCA3N
17th November 2010, 07:18 PM
and also i'd need to chop the block in half to get it under my side skirt

:laugh:

stoney
17th November 2010, 07:33 PM
Infact just cancel that Stoney everything I need I can get from that diagram ... Thanks a million mate

not a prob think i will be ordering sme as well :lol:

EcosseGP
17th November 2010, 07:40 PM
I'll let you know the price from BMW tomorrow - hopefully make it into the dealer at some point ...

I knew there should have been something there although maybe the last owner took them off to shave a little more weight off the car !!

stoney
17th November 2010, 07:50 PM
:lol: i would phone Jhon Clarks and qoute NMS as they will give a disscount just a small one :lol: will post in there form and see if they get back to us :lol:

EcosseGP
18th November 2010, 01:12 AM
Ah sounds like a plan .. every little bit helps - or is it "goes towards something else" !!

"Discount & free" two of my favourite words

stoney
18th November 2010, 08:22 AM
Ah sounds like a plan .. every little bit helps - or is it "goes towards something else" !!

"Discount & free" two of my favourite words

mine 2 :lol:

EcosseGP
22nd November 2010, 09:35 PM
Well ordered collected & fitted .. I feel better know that they're fitted & only cost £11.50 for the pair (bargain) .. Don't think they've been fitted right at some point and that's why they were missing but hey car complete again ..

stoney
23rd November 2010, 12:12 AM
Well ordered collected & fitted .. I feel better know that they're fitted & only cost £11.50 for the pair (bargain) .. Don't think they've been fitted right at some point and that's why they were missing but hey car complete again ..

will be ordering a set end of the month sknit the now :lol: