PDA

View Full Version : "New" Mini Owner

Penny Louise
16th November 2010, 11:56 AM
Hey :bigwave: was recommended to sign up to the site by John Fallon who works for Peter Vardy Mini in Edinburgh

Have only recently joined the Mini world :smilewinkgrin: will post up some pics of my Cooper S in the gallery section shortly :)

ianking
16th November 2010, 12:04 PM
Hello, welcome to NMS

MINI William
16th November 2010, 12:21 PM
Hi and welcome to NMS

Craig
16th November 2010, 12:35 PM
:welcome:

Looking forward to the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCA3N
16th November 2010, 12:42 PM
Welcome along, how r u enjoying the new mini then?

Penny Louise
16th November 2010, 12:46 PM
put them up, had a bit of a problem uploading but got them fixed :)

The Mini's great, I love it!! Handles like a go-kart :D At first I found it a bit heavy on the fuel but have realised that it's only because I've been used the big tank in the Golf so was getting more miles to a full tank but because the Mini has quite a small tank, it feels like I'm forever at the petrol station... the joys eh!! Just got two new tyres for it today aswell, cos over the last few weeks, it's turned into RWD... lol

Doug_m
16th November 2010, 01:24 PM
Welcome penny :)

Gismo
16th November 2010, 01:44 PM

AndyP & Lenore
16th November 2010, 01:48 PM

Penny Louise
16th November 2010, 02:42 PM
thank you for the welcomes :)

ELFMAN
16th November 2010, 02:45 PM
What year's the car? Is it a SliMINI (an R53 up to '06) :cool:, or a PhatMINI? (R56 - '07 onwards) :cool:.
If it's an R53, the fuel stops will unfortunately be more frequent! :hand:, but the fun will be worth it! :thumbs up: The later car's fun too - I should know! :smilewinkgrin:

Penny Louise
16th November 2010, 02:59 PM
Can I ask why SliMINI and PhatMINI? Its an R53, 53 plate registered in 2004. Yeah, I'm assuming this is because the R53's were supercharged and the R56 is turbo'd therefore you can drive economically by staying off the turbo but the superchargers kick in pretty much straight away? Or am I talking mince? lol... sorry if I am! Still learning lol

Gismo
16th November 2010, 03:09 PM
Can I ask why SliMINI and PhatMINI?SliMINI are the pre body change and the PhatMINI's are the newer type, fatter body type and not so well liked by a few, me included, though they are growing on me :lol:

cooperchris
16th November 2010, 03:10 PM
Wecome to NMS

Penny Louise
16th November 2010, 03:14 PM
SliMINI are the pre body change and the PhatMINI's are the newer type, fatter body type and not so well liked by a few, me included, though they are growing on me :lol:

Ah right okay... so its just really a nick-name thats been given to them? Well I dont really have a preference to be honest, if I had the money to throw about I would have gone for a newer one but the one I've got was in my price range and had reasonable mileage so Im happy :D

Gismo
16th November 2010, 03:15 PM
Ah right okay... so its just really a nick-name thats been given to them? Well I dont really have a preference to be honest, if I had the money to throw about I would have gone for a newer one but the one I've got was in my price range and had reasonable mileage so Im happy :DAnd that's exactly what counts :thumbs up:

Penny Louise
16th November 2010, 03:19 PM
And that's exactly what counts :thumbs up:

Plus it was a police officer from Kirkcaldy who had it before me so it's been well looked after :) Actually saying that, Police officers are worse lol

N16SHP
16th November 2010, 04:17 PM
Hey, welcome along to NMS! Good to see you getting involved already, we're a friendly bunch!!

Delboy
16th November 2010, 04:27 PM
Hello and :welcome:.

Hope you enjoy the site - don't be afraid to ask for advice, and it doesn't even have to be about your Mini :lol:.

Penny Louise
16th November 2010, 04:39 PM
thanks, it seems quite a good site actually... I was registered on a few owners clubs when I had the Golf and they can tend to be cliquey... but this seems ok :)

Penny Louise
16th November 2010, 04:41 PM
lol delboy, thanks - you'll find over time that Im not afraid to ask... cos I would rather ask if I don't know rather than making an arse of myself pretending I do lol

RobSco
16th November 2010, 06:15 PM
Hi Penny Louise

Welcome to New Mini Scotland... :thumbs up:

stoney
16th November 2010, 06:37 PM
:welcome: good to here a dealer is behind us :lol:

ELFMAN
16th November 2010, 07:16 PM
thanks, it seems quite a good site actually... I was registered on a few owners clubs when I had the Golf and they can tend to be cliquey... but this seems ok :)

QUITE Good??? OK?????? :frown:
It's BRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIAA AAAAANNNNNNNNNT!:clap::lol:
Of course I'm in the 'I love NMS' clique! :smilewinkgrin::bigwave:

ps, I can't talk to you any more because I have a big fat R..:moonie:..56 and we don't talk to wee MINIs.

pps Seriously - I LOVED my R53, and I'm sure you will too - just get that Supercharger whining away and forget about the petrol! :thumbs up::D

GCA3N
16th November 2010, 07:23 PM
Plus it was a police officer from Kirkcaldy who had it before me so it's been well looked after :) Actually saying that, Police officers are worse lol

Police officers are always careful drivers :Whistle:

Craig
16th November 2010, 07:38 PM
Police officers are always careful drivers :Whistle:

Aye right !! :lol:

GCA3N
16th November 2010, 08:19 PM
Aye right !! :lol:

:laugh:

:lol:

audrey
16th November 2010, 11:46 PM
Hi :bigwave:

JOHN MILNE
17th November 2010, 08:41 AM
:welcome::thumbs up:

Penny Louise
17th November 2010, 12:00 PM
QUITE Good??? OK?????? :frown:
It's BRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIAA AAAAANNNNNNNNNT!:clap::lol:
Of course I'm in the 'I love NMS' clique! :smilewinkgrin::bigwave:

ps, I can't talk to you any more because I have a big fat R..:moonie:..56 and we don't talk to wee MINIs.

pps Seriously - I LOVED my R53, and I'm sure you will too - just get that Supercharger whining away and forget about the petrol! :thumbs up::D

LOL! thanks!

rawtor51
17th November 2010, 01:19 PM
Welcome along:bigwave:

Colin
17th November 2010, 03:01 PM

John Fallon
18th November 2010, 05:23 PM
:welcome: good to here a dealer is behind us :lol:

Always supportive here - try to send as many new oners your way ;)

Welcome along Penny!

Penny Louise
18th November 2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks John :D

Flash_Amber
18th November 2010, 10:10 PM
:bigwave: Hi and welcome. I like both Mini styles fat ones and small ones. Hubby and I are lucky enough to have one of each, I have the R56 and he has the R50

Duncan Stewart
20th November 2010, 09:53 PM