PDA

View Full Version : Extended warranty

Fartin Martin
12th November 2010, 12:48 PM
My warranty is due to expire on the 24th of this month..got a letter saying I can continue it for 25 bucks a month..is it just the same warranty or is there conditions etc?

Craig
12th November 2010, 01:09 PM
Only one to answer that is BMW. Check out warranty direct. They are very reasonable and I know others who have claimed and the process was actually painless ;)

euan
12th November 2010, 01:21 PM
Your other option is to bung the money you would spend on a warranty into the bank every month and not spend it on anything other than the car. I did an extended warranty on my last car and never had to use it, this time round I'm putting the cash into a savings account instead. We'll see what works out best.

Bazthemod
12th November 2010, 01:26 PM
If you go onto MINI's website they have a section about what it covers and what it doesnt. Had a brief look few weeks back and it stops covering you for loads of stuff plus there can be an excess depending how much you pay per month. Euan's idea sounds good but I know I would blow the money on something stupid eventually lol.

Gismo
12th November 2010, 01:38 PM
If it's anything like the BMW warranty then there will be an excess per claim

Fartin Martin
12th November 2010, 01:52 PM
hmmmm..cool cheers folks..euan..might just do that..but agree with baz..no doubt some silly purchase will be had with it! :lol:

euan
12th November 2010, 03:14 PM
If you go onto MINI's website they have a section about what it covers and what it doesnt. Had a brief look few weeks back and it stops covering you for loads of stuff plus there can be an excess depending how much you pay per month. Euan's idea sounds good but I know I would blow the money on something stupid eventually lol.

Yeah, it takes some serious self control!