PDA

View Full Version : NEC Classic car show and Top Gear MPH

ianking
12th November 2010, 09:54 AM
I have an early start tomorrow.
Driving down to Birmingham NEC to the big classic car show and Mequiars concourse UK finals. The Top Gear MPH show is on in the next hall and I have access to that as well. Unfortunately I cant get to see the live top gear action part of the MPH show as it is all sold out.

I recon if I leave home at 4.30am I will get to Birmingham for 9.30 am, this includes one 15 min pee stop.

I was lucky to get a free ticket from my mate in Northern Ireland as he has 2 cars going in the show. He has a concourse mini on the mini world stand and another car on the Meguiars stand.

I will be sure to take lots of pics, although Im no David Bailey

stoney
12th November 2010, 10:25 AM
good stuff ian have a good day out and keep your eyes open for Mr and Mrs P as he said he wasd going to that but think its 2day

my Grandad may well be at the classic show as well as he is not to far away

Craig
12th November 2010, 10:37 AM
Been to this 2 or 3 years ago. Some great cars plus did top gear live and it was the best bit! Well worth it ;)

ianking
12th November 2010, 11:18 AM
Well there is a spare seat in the car if anyone wants to go and help chip in on fuel.

Craig
12th November 2010, 12:28 PM
Would love to Ian but have to work valeting cars to make extra cash to stock pile before I have to take a nice big pay cut to keep the bankers in work who got us all in this mess ;)

AndyP & Lenore
13th November 2010, 12:24 AM
We were there today. Show was OK, but we didn't get time for the classic show other than a quick walk through.

This is our 4th time at the MPH/Top gear Live show and it's the first time we've felt it wasn't worth the money. The biggest disappointment was the Top gear Live Show. Nothing like as good as previous years, with too much dull fill in rubbish instead of fast cars doing crazy daredevil stunts. When we first sat down we were faced with a huge white wall which we figured would pull away and show the real stage/set behind. Turned out the wall was the set and it had 6 huge projectors projecting the set onto it. This was pretty stunning, the way it was used, but I couldn't help thinking it was just the easy way to do something hard.

There certainly were sections of fast cars and some terrific stunt driving and pyrotechnics etc., but we just felt the whole package was not anything like as visually stunning, death-defying or exciting as in previous years.

A.

ianking
15th November 2010, 09:55 AM
The car show was amazing.
Sadly one day just insnt enough time to get round it properly as it really is huge.
Going to go back next year but will go for 2 days.

euan
15th November 2010, 10:36 AM
That's what I get for not reading this...

I live all of 5 miles from the NEC and would have gone to the classic show!