PDA

View Full Version : What a day.....

GCA3N
11th November 2010, 08:14 PM
Well it's really been a day to finish of a week.

I found out on Tuesday that my company lost out on a contract and as such I might have to change companies. Now If this was not bad enough I got a call yesterday to attend a seminar with my company and the new company that has won the contract.

For most folks this would not be too bad but I have the added bonus of living on an island so it's a fair journey.

Anyway due to the poor weather forecast and High winds I decided to go over last night to ensure I got upto Glasgow without delay this morning.

So not too bad so far.

Due to the added cost and what I thought ease of using public transport I opted to go on the train...what a nightmare.

Apart from the overcrowded smelly train the journey up wasn't too bad and the journey back was pretty much the same I thought ok that wasn't too bad.

Got back to the ferry port around 2 only to find the ferry's cancelled.

So I have a mate that lives about 6-7 miles away so thought I'll get the train down there and stay the night.

Walked to said train station to find trains cancelled due to weather.

Trying to keep a smile on my face I thought right try and catch a bus.

Again walked about half a mile to the bus stop where I somehow managed to wait 40 minutes for a bus that comes every 25 minutes.

When said bus finally arrives I have the added bonus of no seats available. However my joy was not fully experienced until 4 stops later a seat became available. When I say a seat it must have been designed for a resident of lilliput. Again just when I thought the cramp smelly damp bus could get no worse mr and mrs jakey got on and sat right in front of me.

My journey had finally ended at a friends who is putting me up for the night and hopefully I can back home tomorrow, wish me luck.

Oh I was thinking from the new year of not taking my car to aberdeen and using aforementioned public transport (costs me £100 extra per trip to take car btw) but the decision has been made.

ELFMAN
11th November 2010, 09:28 PM
My sympathies Greig!

Hope your trip home is more successful and things work our OK on the job front. At least you've managed to get a friendly roof over your head on such a crappy night!

Neil - TXJ
11th November 2010, 09:40 PM
Hope everything is ok on the job front. Drove down to the midlands today as seeing the pirate tomorrow and the tread on the winter tyres was put to the test with all the water.

GCA3N
11th November 2010, 09:50 PM
My sympathies Greig!

Hope your trip home is more successful and things work our OK on the job front. At least you've managed to get a friendly roof over your head on such a crappy night!

Thanks euan bottle of plonk and a Chinese has defo helped.

GCA3N
11th November 2010, 09:51 PM
Hope everything is ok on the job front. Drove down to the midlands today as seeing the pirate tomorrow and the tread on the winter tyres was put to the test with all the water.

Cheers mate what u getting done mate?

Craig
11th November 2010, 11:03 PM
And I thought my day was crap.... Alarm went off at 4 this mornng, on the road by 4:30. 6.20 flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick. Meeting in London all day then the 18:15 back from Gatwick. Got in the house at 9pm ... Knackered :thud:

This plus I am finishing early tomorrow to start the valeting of an Audi... Hope I manage it !! ;)

Neil - TXJ
11th November 2010, 11:19 PM
Cheers mate what u getting done mate?

Will try and post some pics tomorrow night.

Trigger.

audrey
11th November 2010, 11:31 PM
Nightmare hope your jobs ok :D

Delboy
11th November 2010, 11:35 PM
Bummer dude :p :smilewinkgrin:.

Hope the job situation's ok though :confused:?

AndyP & Lenore
11th November 2010, 11:43 PM
Bummer dude. Hate days that just go from bad to worse.:frown:

Like others have said... Hope the jobs secure though.

A.

GCA3N
12th November 2010, 12:31 AM
And I thought my day was crap.... Alarm went off at 4 this mornng, on the road by 4:30. 6.20 flight from Edinburgh to Gatwick. Meeting in London all day then the 18:15 back from Gatwick. Got in the house at 9pm ... Knackered :thud:

This plus I am finishing early tomorrow to start the valeting of an Audi... Hope I manage it !! ;)

Also sounds crap dude.

GCA3N
12th November 2010, 12:32 AM
Bummer dude. Hate days that just go from bad to worse.:frown:

Like others have said... Hope the jobs secure though.

A.

Yeh it's a bit of a worry but fingers crossed. Cheers mate.

GCA3N
12th November 2010, 12:34 AM
Bummer dude :p :smilewinkgrin:.

Hope the job situation's ok though :confused:?

Thanks del all come as a bit of a shock. Things went well today. Woodgroup my current employer want to keep folks but only if there is a job to move into and there ain't many tbh. New company PSN want to keep as many guys on as possible so I have options.

GCA3N
12th November 2010, 12:36 AM
Nightmare hope your jobs ok :D

Cheers it's a bad day when the oil and gas industry is suffering.

GCA3N
12th November 2010, 12:37 AM
Will try and post some pics tomorrow night.

Trigger.

Look forward to that hopefully I will be at home to see the pics on my laptop.

Doug_m
12th November 2010, 12:39 AM
Thats good news then :thumbs up:

Jack678
12th November 2010, 08:59 AM
What a sickner. I heard about woodgroup losing the contract the other night. You just going to change boilersuit? Or you could try get on the eider alpha working for woodgroup! Where I am. :thumbs up:

Hope everything turns out okay. :nod:

GCA3N
12th November 2010, 09:09 AM
What a sickner. I heard about woodgroup losing the contract the other night. You just going to change boilersuit? Or you could try get on the eider alpha working for woodgroup! Where I am. :thumbs up:

Hope everything turns out okay. :nod:

Pm sent.

GCA3N
12th November 2010, 09:11 AM
Ok the saga continues going to be heading to the boat but just called and the first 3 sailings are cancelled being reviewed at 10am. So at best I am looking at a 12:30 sailing getting me home for about 2pm 48 hours after I left, all for 75 minute seminar.

Delboy
12th November 2010, 09:15 AM
Ok the saga continues going to be heading to the boat but just called and the first 3 sailings are cancelled being reviewed at 10am. So at best I am looking at a 12:30 sailing getting me home for about 2pm 48 hours after I left, all for 75 minute seminar.

Nightmare Greig. Hope you get the 12:30 boat ok. It certainly is a wild day.

GCA3N
12th November 2010, 01:13 PM
Nightmare Greig. Hope you get the 12:30 boat ok. It certainly is a wild day.

Thanks del.

Ok update boat made it in. So sitting on it just now. Ardrossan is the hard port to get into so hopefully we will get to Brodick aka home ok. I tell u what though it's choppy and we are only sitting in the harbour it's going to be a rough one back.

Delboy
12th November 2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks del.

Ok update boat made it in. So sitting on it just now. Ardrossan is the hard port to get into so hopefully we will get to Brodick aka home ok. I tell u what though it's choppy and we are only sitting in the harbour it's going to be a rough one back.

Have a nice sail :sick: :smilewinkgrin:

GCA3N
12th November 2010, 03:56 PM
HOME HOME HOME.......At last.:D

ELFMAN
12th November 2010, 05:14 PM
Well done Greig.

Must be the week for annoying stuff - I was called out to the shop twice in three days in the last week due to alarm going off - at 2.05 and 2.15am.... Defrosting the car or driving in monsoon.

Finally found out what was causing the alarms... a ******* SPIDER which had made a home in the wall above the sensor in the printroom. When it came out to play, it was setting off the alarm! Spider is now living in my hut, protecting my Seats, Suspension and Exhaust stuff. Thought it would make a good 'Guard Spider' with its security experience.

GCA3N
12th November 2010, 05:53 PM
Well done Greig.

Must be the week for annoying stuff - I was called out to the shop twice in three days in the last week due to alarm going off - at 2.05 and 2.15am.... Defrosting the car or driving in monsoon.

Finally found out what was causing the alarms... a ******* SPIDER which had made a home in the wall above the sensor in the printroom. When it came out to play, it was setting off the alarm! Spider is now living in my hut, protecting my Seats, Suspension and Exhaust stuff. Thought it would make a good 'Guard Spider' with its security experience.

:laugh::laugh:

stoney
12th November 2010, 05:57 PM
Well done Greig.

:lol: :clap: :clap:

Stewart
12th November 2010, 07:29 PM
Good that you made it back, I have one of those Weather station things in the house and if the pressure drops fast around a 40 mile range it picks it up and warns us. It was dead on the other day when it went off about an hour or so before the wind and rain hit us.

Log fire, hot drink and looking out the window at the miserable weather would be me living in a nice cottage out in the sticks.

GCA3N
12th November 2010, 08:03 PM
Log fire, hot drink and looking out the window at the miserable weather would be me living in a nice cottage out in the sticks.

Log fire is on, large glass of brandy and my new dressing gown bought for my unexpected over night stay.....mmmm