PDA

View Full Version : What Wax ???

stoney
11th November 2010, 10:04 AM
ok i am neer out of wax and have been looking at some diffrent wax's but dont know what to get

i have been looking at

Collinite no.476s
http://www.autobestbuy.co.uk/shop/product.asp?cookiecheck=yes&P_ID=234&PT_ID=74

and also the

autosmart wax
http://www.autosmart.co.uk/WAX.html

any one used the above ???

any got any to recomend ??

Thanx Stoney

craigib76
11th November 2010, 10:31 AM
I would use dodo juice blue velvet hard wax with lime prime before hand but thats just my pref and it is very good stuff

Fester
11th November 2010, 01:42 PM
I use the Autosmart Wax. Think it is the best one I have used so far. Would recommend it without hesitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewart
11th November 2010, 02:31 PM
Last Wax I bought and used was Meg's 16. Very good value and does well in any reviews and tests I've seen. I like the wax in the summer but in winter its a quick polish and then a few coats of the easy Blackfire Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection (http://www.detailedimage.com/Blackfire-M32/Wet-Diamond-P205/16-oz-S1/) that last for months and months.

It gets to a stage when I'll bring out the jetwash and just use it to take off as much as it can over the winter ad not even pat dry it, far to cold to be fannying about outside and keeps the worst off the car. I'll sheet the water off and thats it done.

Doug_m
11th November 2010, 03:45 PM
Im with stuart above^^^

Blackfire wet diamond sealant is the mutts nuts!

So easy to use and superb results.
Also last longer than wax due to its man made properties.

Well worth buying it along with blackfire gloss enhancing polish, it is a filler polish so looks as if u have corrected th paint so is a massive easy cheat ;)

stoney
11th November 2010, 06:51 PM
thanx guys i dont need a filler as BMW did a full machine polish when it got the bonnet sprayed :yes nod: and i like a proper wax over a man made

and i have to say BMW did a very good job on the car :thud:

craigib76
11th November 2010, 09:36 PM
dodo juice blue velvet is a hard wax and way more durable then man made synthetic waxes

k3ith
13th November 2010, 12:50 AM
really like the Velvet pro, as I am not one for using a sealant, but with the pro its in the wax. That and Petes53 from chem guys.

KenL
15th November 2010, 08:00 PM
I use Collinite, great look and fantastic durability.

Craig
15th November 2010, 11:14 PM
I have collinite 476s and 915. I love both and use them on my Valets as it lasts aaaages and looks great. Buy from USA for less than half the price of uk ;)

GP BILLY
16th November 2010, 09:23 AM
Dodo Juice - Supernatural v2:thumbs up::thumbs up: remember to put
on a good glaze before the wax Rob for that extra shine:smilewinkgrin:

or if you want a wax to last all winter then it has to be Finish Kare #1000P Hi Temp Sealant

ianking
16th November 2010, 09:40 AM
For the winter for my own I go with collinite 476 as it is more durable and for all year round for cheaper details and valets I go with Collinite or Megs 16 wax.
For my own at other times and for those wishing to spend a bit extra I am on Zymol Glasur at the moment.

ianking
16th November 2010, 02:12 PM
Craig
If you are buying wax over the internet from USA do you get hit with any import tax when you go to pick it up from the post office.
I have noticed ebay shops selling Zymol much cheaper even with postage to UK

Craig
16th November 2010, 02:23 PM
Craig
If you are buying wax over the internet from USA do you get hit with any import tax when you go to pick it up from the post office.
I have noticed ebay shops selling Zymol much cheaper even with postage to UK

Can't remember tbh Ian. Got 2 pots of 915 delivered from America for £25 total so it was a great deal ;)

Oh also got the autosmart guy who was in at work yest so got tardis, g101 and smart wheels for £45 - great deal I thought too ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoney
16th November 2010, 06:48 PM
For the winter for my own I go with collinite 476 as it is more durable and for all year round for cheaper details and valets I go with Collinite or Megs 16 wax.
For my own at other times and for those wishing to spend a bit extra I am on Zymol Glasur at the moment.

Good stuff Ian thanx for the info i think i will go for the 476 for winter and get the Zymol for summer :yes nod:

and i will just get them from the usa cos my uncle lives there :yes nod: and is comming over in jan so sound like a plan to me :lol:

ianking
16th November 2010, 07:12 PM
Well I may get more Zymol through you then before Jan to avoid tax etc.