10th November 2010, 12:18 AM
Now we are talking.

cooperchris
10th November 2010, 12:23 AM
Now we are talking.

keep putting the lottery on i think :D

Mon the fish
10th November 2010, 08:10 AM
No no no.... it's a Mini, not a VW! You can get that power out of the R53 engine fairly easily anyway, turbo it

GCA3N
10th November 2010, 10:07 AM
No no no.... it's a Mini, not a VW! You can get that power out of the R53 engine fairly easily anyway, turbo it

Can you? I would think that it would be very hard. Also mini has a Chrysler engine so this 1.8 is what should have been in the S's/JCW's.

Mon the fish
10th November 2010, 02:32 PM
O'Dywer on MT has a turbo R53, over 300whp. The rods/pistons in the R53 engine are good for 400bhp, the supercharger isn't

Forbes
10th November 2010, 04:37 PM
Tuls in the US of A has over 400whp, or did before he wanted more and it became a paper weight

ELFMAN
10th November 2010, 04:37 PM
You can get that power out of the R53 engine fairly easily anyway, turbo it

"Fairly Easily"........... Hmmmmmm. :smilewinkgrin: Maybe if you're a mechanical wizard or you have a very large wallet! Not for us mere mortals - I didn't have access to a a magic wand when I was tuning my R53! :rolleyes: I wish... "Hoi, Gandalf, Gie's 300BHP will ye?"

LOVE the Think Mini car though :cool::thumbs up: Suppose it makes sense to stick in a bigger capacity more sophisticated powerplant. Presumably the weight of the new unit isn't that far removed from the old iron-block Chrysler/MINI engine? The Chrysler unit is a good motor, but there must be more room for manoever with the engine they're using, otherwise what's the point? Not unlike sticking a Honda Vtec or Vauxhall 16V in the Classic Mini. Big power, but with more reliability etc.

Mon the fish
10th November 2010, 06:48 PM
"Fairly Easily"........... Hmmmmmm. :smilewinkgrin: Maybe if you're a mechanical wizard or you have a very large wallet! Not for us mere mortals - I didn't have access to a a magic wand when I was tuning my R53! :rolleyes: I wish... "Hoi, Gandalf, Gie's 300BHP will ye?"

LOVE the Think Mini car though :cool::thumbs up: Suppose it makes sense to stick in a bigger capacity more sophisticated powerplant. Presumably the weight of the new unit isn't that far removed from the old iron-block Chrysler/MINI engine? The Chrysler unit is a good motor, but there must be more room for manoever with the engine they're using, otherwise what's the point? Not unlike sticking a Honda Vtec or Vauxhall 16V in the Classic Mini. Big power, but with more reliability etc.

Easier than paying for and sourcing a whole new engine, and integrating that into a new chassis. No bottom end work needs to be done, and the Chrysler lump is one of the most reliable out there - certainly more so than a VAG unit.

Keep it a Mini, keep the Mini's heart