PDA

View Full Version : R56 S for the wife!

N16SHP
9th November 2010, 07:19 PM
Evening All!

Looking to stretch out into the NMS community here! The Mrs is looking for an R56 S like the one here Clickity Click (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201032365630161/sort/priceasc/usedcars/seller-type/trade_adverts/price-to/13000/price-from/9000/model/cooper_s/make/mini/postcode/ab106qe/page/2/radius/200?logcode=p)

She has a max budget of about £11k and would consider Pepper White, Laser Blue, and Dark Grey. Must have the chilli pack, and ideally millage below 30k.

I know its a tough ask, but I have seen, like the one above that they are out there. I also know from my own experience that not all the Mini's at JC's, Parks, Fairburn etc make it onto the website, but I also know that we all visit them regularly. So if you can keep your eyes peeled and let me know if you see anything.

Final thing I'd say is that it pretty much has to be from a garage, as she does not want to take out a bank loan for it, and would prefer finance options.

Thanks in advance :D

GCA3N
9th November 2010, 07:26 PM
There's this for sale on TM

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2225648.htm

I know it's over budget but he might be flexible on price.

Forbes
9th November 2010, 07:48 PM
Why not the one you linked?

RobSco
9th November 2010, 08:30 PM
Hi

Check out Peter Vardy of Edinburgh, Used car list show a couple that may be what your looking for one in Laser Blue - £11.499 - Registration Number CU56 NWP and one in Dark Silver - £11.999 - Registration Number EO56 UZV you'll find these on Page 3 of the Mini's in Stock and just slightly over your budget, but I'm sure you could work something out as the price might be flexible...

Mileage on Laser Blue is below the 30k but well over on the Dark Silver...

If you ever go there, ask for John Grey tell him I sent you...

www.petervardymini.co.uk/used_mini/current_stock.html

Hope you get what your looking for, Peter Vardy would certainly look after you and you would have a 12 Months Mini Warranty, 12 Months MOT and peace of mind...

Hope this Helps... :thumbs up:

N16SHP
9th November 2010, 08:40 PM
The only problem with the one linked is that its black, and she doesn't want black as her current car is black and wants a change. And not wanting a red one as its the same as mine! As I said, the colours really limit her search, but when she's paying that much for a car, she wants the right colour!

clubman0_1
27th November 2010, 11:00 PM
my old car is sitting at james glen car sales in airdriw. dark grey with a load of jcw extra's. 21000 miles. good cars. soldas gonna be daddy and getting married

http://www.jamesglen.co.uk/used-cars/mini-cooper-s-1-6-3dr-airdrie-201043371611900

N16SHP
30th November 2010, 03:38 PM
Well to go alongside Andy P, new arrival is due by end of next week depending on the weather :) Put it this way, its not a JCW and it is an R56 S, but I am mega jealous at her new car! As always, pics will be up as soon as it arrives!!

Thanks for the info 'Clubman' we love your car, but with the JCW upgrade, it's too powerful for her....me on the other hand :D lol!

Delboy
30th November 2010, 04:32 PM
Well to go alongside Andy P, new arrival is due by end of next week depending on the weather :) Put it this way, its not a JCW and it is an R56 S, but I am mega jealous at her new car! As always, pics will be up as soon as it arrives!!

Thanks for the info 'Clubman' we love your car, but with the JCW upgrade, it's too powerful for her....me on the other hand :D lol!

That's exciting :clap:. By the sounds of it, your wife is going to have to hide the spare keys from you....:smilewinkgrin:.

GCA3N
30th November 2010, 06:44 PM
Neil this is stunning and surely should pave the way;). Here if things keep going the way they are I know of a nice JCW that might be going up for sale soon;)

mogster
1st December 2010, 11:01 AM
Hi

My friend will be trading his R56 Cooper S into Grassicks of Perth in the next week or so. Its a 07 reg, metallic grey, red part leather, 20,000 with 17" crown alloys. He's the second owner. Its a nice looking car.

N16SHP
6th December 2010, 10:59 AM
Delivery now pushed back until the 22nd of December :( We're in London on the 16th, so instead of flying home (which was only £30), we're gonna get a train to Wilmslow which is only £15 and drive it home....ROAD TRIP! The only reason we are doing this as they said they would deliver it for free, then said they were not getting a truck up hear until mid January. Then phoned and said, actually we'll get someone to drive it up to you on the 22nd of December. So I thought well in all honesty, don't really want some hot shot ragging it up the motorway in Kirsten's new car, so we're doing that instead!

GCA3N
6th December 2010, 11:07 AM
Ah good idea Neil any excuse dude:lol:

Hope the weather holds out for you guys.:thumbs up:

N16SHP
6th December 2010, 11:22 AM
Ah good idea Neil any excuse dude:lol:

Hope the weather holds out for you guys.:thumbs up:

Yep, I think thats what we're really keeping our fingers crossed for! We're only going Manchester to Perth, and then staying the night with our friends in Perth. It's only an hour and half from Aberdeen, but at night, after driving from Manchester, in this weather, probably just best to rest!