PDA

View Full Version : New Engine

cooperchris
8th November 2010, 08:29 PM
Well just found out today that one of my conrods are bent aswell :ragin:

So i think its time to look for another engine, Reconditioned would be better.
Anyone got any ideas or a reliable company i could purchase one from, already looking at a couple on ebay.

Cheers in advance for any help folks :yes nod:

Chris :thumbs up:

GCA3N
8th November 2010, 08:50 PM
Nightmare mate.

cooperchris
8th November 2010, 08:53 PM
Nightmare mate.

Looks like it could work out cheaper than fixin my old engine, nothings been done to the old engine yet thankfully. Just stripped down.

Not bought any new parts yet.

GCA3N
8th November 2010, 08:59 PM
Looks like it could work out cheaper than fixin my old engine, nothings been done to the old engine yet thankfully. Just stripped down.

Not bought any new parts yet.

You gonna get an S engine, or is that too much work?

cooperchris
8th November 2010, 09:04 PM
Just finished speakin to the wife bout it an decided against it. As good as it sounds its to much.

Almost double the price to buy then a fair bit of wiring, New bonnet to fit intercooler or £900 to get a front mounted intercooler to keep cooper bonnet(SLEEPER :D) There is alot to change.

This would keep people wondering

http://www.lohen.co.uk/shop/proddetail.php?prod=GRSMotorsportFrontMountInterco oler

Just want ma wee car back, Gettin withdrawl simptoms :laugh:

GCA3N
8th November 2010, 10:02 PM
We're all feeling for u mate.

RyanK
8th November 2010, 10:15 PM
I got a 36k mile engine for my mini one from Overton a couple years back for about 400 notes. They are based in Aberdeen dude, give them a try ;)

http://www.overtongarage.co.uk/

RyanK
8th November 2010, 10:17 PM
We're all feeling for u mate.

he doesn't have suicidal thoughts yet mate, go canny! haha :p

GCA3N
8th November 2010, 10:47 PM
I would if that happened to my baby.

cooperchris
8th November 2010, 11:02 PM
I got a 36k mile engine for my mini one from Overton a couple years back for about 400 notes. They are based in Aberdeen dude, give them a try ;)

http://www.overtongarage.co.uk/

Cheers bud al give it a wee look

RyanK
8th November 2010, 11:18 PM
I would if that happened to my baby.

haha

ianking
9th November 2010, 09:10 AM
Chris
Try S&I Thomson at Galashiels as well. They often have minis in breaking.

cooperchris
9th November 2010, 06:21 PM
Chris
Try S&I Thomson at Galashiels as well. They often have minis in breaking.

Cheers Ian,
Waiting on the father inlaw getting in touch to see if he found anything today. If not al try them the mora.

cooperchris
9th November 2010, 11:47 PM
This is becoming a headache, Can't find an engine anywhere.Not a good one anyway. Been sat at this pc for nearly 3 hours :yawn:

Only found a handfull of sites to phone the mora, Fingers crossed one of them comes up trumps :argh:

GCA3N
10th November 2010, 12:20 AM
This is becoming a headache, Can't find an engine anywhere.Not a good one anyway. Been sat at this pc for nearly 3 hours :yawn:

Only found a handfull of sites to phone the mora, Fingers crossed one of them comes up trumps :argh:

Good luck mate.

EcosseGP
18th November 2010, 01:33 AM
Still a few engines for sale on E-Bay but at the prices wanted would it not be cheaper to sort your own engine at least that way you know that everything has been sorted on it and also exactly whats been replaced plus it saves answering any awkward questions on selling it ..

cooperchris
18th November 2010, 08:12 AM
Still a few engines for sale on E-Bay but at the prices wanted would it not be cheaper to sort your own engine at least that way you know that everything has been sorted on it and also exactly whats been replaced plus it saves answering any awkward questions on selling it ..

It was going to cost nearly £1300 to repair my engine :frown:

Now managed to find a complete car pretty cheap an atleast i can break it and sell alot of the bits to get some money back :thumbs up: