PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Aberdeen Area

Nick
14th July 2004, 05:51 PM
Hi all,
Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Nick,live in Aberdeen, I have just ordered a Works Cooper S. Taking delivery of it at the end of this month - cant wait!

Hope to speak to you all later...

Nick

MartinSullivan
14th July 2004, 06:14 PM
Welcome aboard Nick, good to see another member in the Aberdeen area. If you see me around give us a wave (electric blue Cooper S with UJ wing mirrors).

Pop over to the newminiscotland store and order your car sticker, so you can install it as soon as you get your car

Julz
14th July 2004, 06:29 PM
Shame you won't have your new car in time for Cullen!!:disapprove: Not long for you now though and we'll hopefully see you on a mini adventure soon!!;):D

Nick
14th July 2004, 06:41 PM
Yes cant wait to get it on the road. Wow I dodnt realise the new mini had such a fan club. I used to own a Lotus Elise but sold it for the mini, the Lotus guys are always having meets and track days. Good to see Mini owners are equally keen!

Julz
14th July 2004, 07:00 PM
Awwww dinnae say that!! I opted for my mini over an Elise, but I still want one (one day I suppose, so where did I leave that lottery ticket??:p):D

Monsta Mo Mini
14th July 2004, 07:00 PM
Welcome to NMS Nick - you're our 500th member!

MartinSullivan
14th July 2004, 07:18 PM
Woo Hoo - we have hit the magic 500, does he get a prize MMM :D

Nick
14th July 2004, 07:35 PM
yes whats my prize?!?..

I was told this works cooper s is faster in a straight line than my old Elise,and almost as fun to drive, I hope it is, I have gone and bought one and havnt even had a test drive!!

Nick

MartinSullivan
14th July 2004, 07:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nick

I have gone and bought one and havnt even had a test drive!!

Dont worry Nick, u will love it

:D <---- Nick after driving his S works for 5 mins

seany
14th July 2004, 08:10 PM
hi nick, i have the works and you wont be sorry, sorry you cant join us on the cullen run, but there is a club stand at the scottish mini weekend on 7th and 8th aug at perth. you are welcome along and put names to face.

Nick
14th July 2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks for all the friendly replies. Yes I will have to make sure I attend one of the run's, it will be nice to meet like minded people.

I have seen a few Cooper S's kicking around Aberdeen, they seem to be quite popular, theres a couple here in Portlethen where I work.

Gismo
14th July 2004, 10:39 PM
Another logged in worker, prepare to laugh out loud and generally make a fool of yourself when reading some posts, makes for some interesting looks from others :)
Welcome to the site, now your in you cannot get out or we'll send big col round ;)

Nick
14th July 2004, 11:34 PM
at last got to sample a works s. Guy at work has one and we just went out for a blat - quite impressive!

Burple
15th July 2004, 12:50 AM
quote:
Welcome to the site, now your in you cannot get out or we'll send big col round ;)

And He'll threaten you with hanging around until you promise to stay on the site!!! ;):D:cool::p:p:approve:

(Hi and Welcome , by the way!!!) :p:D

phantom
15th July 2004, 03:12 AM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.:D:D:D

Jeff
15th July 2004, 05:46 AM
Hi Nick I see ypu are in the chequered roof brigade, good choice!!!

Willie M
15th July 2004, 03:23 PM
Welcome to NMS Nick. I'm sure you're gonna love the Works S :approve:

Duncan Stewart
15th July 2004, 04:30 PM
Hi Nick and welcome to NMS.

Nenah
16th July 2004, 07:16 AM
Welcome to the site - I've got a BBR conversion on my Cooper S - I'd definatly be interested to see the differece in the factory fitter conversion - nice choice! See you at a meet soon - I've only just joined myself and everyone has been super friendly!

Nick
16th July 2004, 05:59 PM
Hi Nenah,,,,yes that would be interesting we should meet up and I'll let you watch my works machine disappear into the distance.....he he he

Nick

Sheilz
17th July 2004, 07:21 AM
Hi Nick, Hats are cool!
:D:D:D

Nick
17th July 2004, 09:02 AM
you've lost me?????

monkimagic
17th July 2004, 10:05 AM
I wanna be there when Nenah and you meet, I wanna see that challenge.

Welcome Nick

Monki

Sheilz
18th July 2004, 09:29 AM
Sorry, 'hat' is a reference to the roof decal!:I

Nenah
27th July 2004, 12:58 AM

Hi Nenah,,,,yes that would be interesting we should meet up and I'll let you watch my works machine disappear into the distance.....he he he

Nick

Are you putting down a challenge, Nick? :eek:I'll see you down at Aberdeen's Beach Boulevard at sundown...if you can hack the pace! ;):cool:

X30YES
31st July 2004, 12:25 AM
£50 Quid on OZ !!!!;)

Nick
31st July 2004, 09:04 AM
he he he.............well Nenah im afraid i'm a bit old to be racing down at the beach!

New works kit that I am receiving is giving me a whole 10hp more than old.........(woopy!)........would have thought that it should bee enough to eclipse a car fittes with a bbr 220 kit.......;) Im sure works car is far torquier??

I'd love 250+ bhp but there was no way I was going to spend the money i have on a new car and void the warranty, so i will have to make do with the 210!

Nenah
6th August 2004, 12:03 AM

he he he.............well Nenah im afraid i'm a bit old to be racing down at the beach!

Sounds like your getting yourself a very nice set of wheels indeed! I want to increase mine to 240bhp but there's plenty of time for that...look forward to see you and your new wheels on a run soon or maybe on one of the Aberdeen Mini-Mini meets that we've started to get happening on a regular basis.

The Dogfather
6th August 2004, 12:27 AM
What's the phrase about power corrupting...

sleepyrascal
6th August 2004, 12:40 AM
Aright Nick. SOunds like a bad ass machine you have ordered. I feel so left out with my standard Cooper. I'll have to invest soon in some performance-ness. But then its all about the technical driving skill at the end of the day, so actually, i'm fine! :0)