PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys using with your iphones?

Stewart
6th November 2010, 09:37 PM
What are you guys using with your iphones 3gs to protect them and I’d really like something for the car that clipped in. I know you can get the no-screws holders.

If I could get a screen protector and a case that will protect it from a drop. read a few reviews and some say the apple screen protector works well over the £3 ones..

The No holes mount - by glove box button with the iphone 3g passive holder off Newmini stuff.

I’m getting the free upgrade to the I-phone 3GS next week, Cant argue with it even if its costing me an extra Tenner a month, Got my “Be” BB for the house half price the other day for sticking with them so it balances out nice.

If i get one of these cases to protect it,I take it will still fit the cradle?

Apps can wait till I get thing.:thumbs up:

Craig
6th November 2010, 09:53 PM
only got a cover for the iphone, just put it in the cup holder in the car as I have bluetooth so don't need it in a holder. ;)

GCA3N
6th November 2010, 09:56 PM
When it comes to cases and in car holders I have had most. However about 4 months ago I spent £32 on a case mate one (case that is) and it is easily the best case I have ever owned. It has 2 layers that gives it a shock protection from dropping and just looks and feels expensive and like so many other cases don't do it actually enhanced the look of the iPhone. (just ask euan aka burple he was looking at it last week)

I'll put a link up 2 Moro when I'm
On the laptop.

As far as car cradles go I got mine from the apple shop, again it was pricey (sold to del though as I no
Longer needed it) but very good quality. What I have learned is when it comes to in car cradles cheap ones are a waste of time.

Mike at newministuff has got a good cradle holder worth looking into too.

One bit of advice stewart, having the aux and USB and Bluetooth my iPhone is totally linked up and I have full control through the multifunction. If you can afford it wait and get a hands free kit eg parrot or something similar be well worth it in the end. Hope this helps mate.

jdl_1967
7th November 2010, 09:47 AM
I want a Vapour 4 case, but my wife says if I spend this much on a case she'll leave me.......order placed then!!!

Currently using the free bumper from Apple and cheap screen protectors front and rear off eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdl_1967
7th November 2010, 09:54 AM
For the car I just bought a Belkin TuneBase, sound quality poor and doesn't fit properly due to toggle switch panel fowling it. It caused me to completely smash the orange plastic surround of the lighter holder trying to get it in and out!!!

The hands free part of it worked well though.

Now up for sale on eBay, I wouldn't recommended for the MINI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stewart
7th November 2010, 12:49 PM
I’m not that bothered about power or hands free, but if I could get the clip on one it has to better looking then in the cup holder. Like Craig said that’s where my Nokia sits just now.

My mate has the sucker one for the window but thats for his Motor home for the Tom-Tom app but it would look crap in the car. I thought it would be easy with everyone having the iphone but some of the stuff looks too cheap, lets face it a £1.99 cant be much cop can it. ;)

stoney
7th November 2010, 12:54 PM
i just use a parrot kit and it dose not even come out my pocket or just pop it in the cup holder sits nicely in there just the right with dont know what i am going to do now tho as got an i phone 4

AndyP & Lenore
7th November 2010, 06:43 PM
I have a carbon fibre slide on sleeve thing made by Griffin. It's pretty rugged but my phone gets a bit of a hammering so it's getting chipped away at and losing its shine now. Time to get another one.:yes nod:

A.

Forgot to say, I bought a clip on plastic one with a Scottish saltire on it. It lasted all of 2 days before it broke to bits and the blue flag chipped off. Ditched it and went back to the CF one.

Also forgot to say, I ALWAYS have a screen protector on. They last for ages though, so I'm still on the first pack of 3 I bought from O2 over a year ago.

Stewart
7th November 2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah I’m getting a screen protector the day I get it, the apple store has ones at £9 as a few have said the Cheepo £1 packs are rubbish. But I may pop into the O2 shop to see what they have or see what the 3 store has.

Don’t know if I’ll keep the Nokia E63 as a back up or send it off to one of these “ we buy any phone” place to get some cash. Even £40 would pay for a few months of the contract. I get a working Value of £59.10 off Envirophone

RobSco
7th November 2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah I’m getting a screen protector the day I get it, the apple store has ones at £9 as a few have said the Cheepo £1 packs are rubbish. But I may pop into the O2 shop to see what they have or see what the 3 store has.

Don’t know if I’ll keep the Nokia E63 as a back up or send it off to one of these “ we buy any phone” place to get some cash. Even £40 would pay for a few months of the contract. I get a working Value of £59.10 off Envirophone

Hi

Try this web link as you will get more than what you've been quoted already by £20.00... :yes nod:

Worth a try. it's where I sent my last phone to, and their place is in Falkirk...

www.o2recycle.co.uk

Hope this helps... :thumbs up:

Stewart
8th November 2010, 01:45 AM
Cheers but it has a very small crack in the front outer screen and I think they would end up matching the other place even when its so small.

Mon the fish
8th November 2010, 03:01 PM
I only bother with the screen protectors. Covers just look daft IMO. Had it over a year now and no issues.

Burple
8th November 2010, 03:19 PM
When it comes to cases and in car holders I have had most. However about 4 months ago I spent £32 on a case mate one (case that is) and it is easily the best case I have ever owned. It has 2 layers that gives it a shock protection from dropping and just looks and feels expensive and like so many other cases don't do it actually enhanced the look of the iPhone. (just ask euan aka burple he was looking at it last week)

Oh yeaaahh.. they look pretty awesome! I need to try and get some time to go have a look online for one! :thumbs up::thumbs up:

personally, iphone goes in the cup holder or in the armrest - got full bluetooth! :thumbs up:

Stewart
8th November 2010, 04:23 PM
There is more Case mate cases than days in the year...Whats the one? price goes from £4-over £50.

Stewart
13th November 2010, 05:55 PM
Well I went for this as the phone is on its way to me next week.

Case-Mate Barely There For iPhone 3G - Royal Blue/Black
LUPO Soft Pouch Case with Drawstring Close (BLACK) for Apple: Iphone (2G, 3G, 3GS, 4)
PhoneDevil Magic Screen protector: Crystal Clear (invisible) edition - For Apple iPhone 3G & iPhone 3GS

And I'll get the Nokia E63 off in the post to get some cash for it.

Stewart
25th November 2010, 09:20 PM
Well got £67 for the Nokia E63 and an older one that was just sitting there. Well pleased!:thumbs up: as the Phone was free with an upgrade anyway a few year back.

Payment made!
Your recent sell order, number M********** has been completed.
A cheque for £67.00 has been posted to you today.
For full details of this order, please visit the 'My Account' area of our website.
Thank you for letting Mazuma Mobile work our magic.
We hope you found selling your phone with us simple, fast and friendly.
Click here to send us some feedback (http://www.mazumamobile.com/feedback.php), we'd love to hear from you!
Kind Regards,
The Mazuma Mobile Team

Now only to think about that no screws clip and Iphone holder for the car.............Its a bit of do I or dont I as I've got used to it just being in the Cup holder.:blush:

Sheilz
25th November 2010, 09:58 PM
Not sure if Krussell do cases for the iphone but I got a very well fitted leather one for my touch phone which gives great all round protection. Well made and not too expensive.