PDA

View Full Version : New CR MCS arrived

Neil - TXJ
5th November 2010, 06:24 PM
After a 2 month wait my new CR MCS was delivered this week.

Think the car is probably relatively unique as I didn't opt for the Chilli Pack! This was driven by trying to save money as I started looking at getting a Dooper and needed to save money somewhere - so the spec is:-

Chilli Red with Black Roof
Multi Func Steering Wheel (cruise control was a nice surprise I was expecting!)
Wheels 16in 4 Hole Circular Spoke (these will be my winter wheels and I got the dealer to fit Hankock winter tyres)
Chrome Line interior
Heated Front Seats (to keep my bum warm on my early morning winter starts)
Piano Black Trim Trim
Colour Line - Rooster Red (breaks up the black really nicely)
Front foglights
Rain sensors and auto headlights
Auto Aircon
On board computer

I found the colour choice very difficult but am very happy with my choice and will need to get registered with the CROC clubs!

The wheels I have on will be my winter wheels/tyres and am already looking for new alloys come the spring - its a hard life! Have my eye on 2 at the moment, Kei Force 10 Hyperblack or TD Gloss Black Race Pro 1.2s. Ride comfort is more important to me than looks so will probably stick with 16" but could be tempted with 17". Thoughts appreciated on ride quality of 16" v 17".

Other plans:-
A vist to the Pirate is planned and a design already agreed. He lives miles from me but not far from my parents
Glass black grill surround
Black belt line - any idea how this is best achieved?
Smaller ariel - suggestions on good makes appreciated
Aerokit side skirts - I like the standard front and rear bumpers but would like the side skirts, however would this look odd?

I think the above is enough to start of with and is all funds dependent so will be a while before i get everything.

Took it for a relatively long drive today although still running in. Biggest surprise was the in-gear flexibility. Have been driving diesels for many years and it was great just leaving it in 6th gear and having the flexibility to drop down to 30mph and accelerate away. Can't wait for 1200 miles to be up to have a proper drive!

Will try and add pictures (not done that before) but not great quality as taken on phone and was getting dark, will post more after it has had a clean this weekend - the wife really enjoys cleaning cars so I am a lucky man!

Look forward to keep in touch with you all.

Trigger

GCA3N
5th November 2010, 06:30 PM
Looking very smart mate many happy miles of motoring.

Black belt line - any idea how this is best achieved- There is a kit you can get, it's basically vinyl which is exactly the right width.
Smaller ariel - suggestions on good makes appreciated, mm not sure on this one
Aerokit side skirts - I like the standard front and rear bumpers but would like the side skirts, however would this look odd? Defo not the S bumpers and the JCW side skirts go well.

Have fun.

cooperchris
5th November 2010, 06:31 PM
Thats a nice looking motor :yes nod:

Be nice to see it when all done, I just used coachline tape to cover the beltline on mine :thumbs up:

MINI William
5th November 2010, 07:18 PM
Very nice. Welcome to the facelift club

Delboy
5th November 2010, 08:40 PM
Very nice indeed. Congrats!

Stewart
5th November 2010, 10:46 PM
If this is your first Mini you'll have a blast with it.

Very nice it is too, enjoy.

audrey
5th November 2010, 11:55 PM
Very Nice :thumbs up: Best colour too :yes nod:

rawtor51
6th November 2010, 12:24 AM
Ohhh tidy :thumbs up:

Gismo
6th November 2010, 08:23 AM
Nice one and :welcome:

zimbo
6th November 2010, 10:36 AM
:welcome: Trigger and yes you have chosen the best colour scheme :clap: so your off to a great start, cant wait for the winter to be over so we can see your car modded and so I can finally get my car mods done too.

I did my belt line on my previous car with "Black insulating tape" it is the exact same width of the beltline and I never had any isssues with it peeling or coming off. (will prob be doing this to my latest car again ;))

I hope you have many many happy mini motoring miles ahead of you :thumbs up:

Neil - TXJ
7th November 2010, 09:46 PM
Better pictures following first wash - thanks Mrs Trigger.

GCA3N
7th November 2010, 09:51 PM
Looking very nice.

Duncan Stewart
7th November 2010, 10:01 PM
:welcome:

RyanK
8th November 2010, 12:34 AM
Nice car, love the facelifts :thumbs up:

Please do not go for Kei Force 10's though

JOHN MILNE
8th November 2010, 08:44 AM
:welcome::thumbs up: best colour combo

Colin
8th November 2010, 11:11 AM
:welcome: Nice car.

AndyP & Lenore
8th November 2010, 11:24 AM
:welcome:

Neil - TXJ
12th November 2010, 09:54 PM
Had a trip to the 'award winning' Pirate today, couple of pics, will post more when back home

GCA3N
12th November 2010, 09:58 PM
Now that I like, infact I love it. Was this yours or their idea?

Where do they operate out off?

Doug_m
12th November 2010, 10:01 PM
Swit swoo!
I do like that!

Stewart
12th November 2010, 10:13 PM
Thats works well.

audrey
12th November 2010, 11:14 PM
Looks fab :cool:

Neil - TXJ
12th November 2010, 11:48 PM
Now that I like, infact I love it. Was this yours or their idea?

Where do they operate out off?

My idea but Phil brings it all together. I can't praise Phil enough, i just wish everybody took as much pride and care about their work. He spent over 5 hrs working on the car today to make sure it was perfect.

He is based just north of Leicester which isn't great for us in Scotland but I have family in Nottingham so gives me an excuse to come down. Also get to take my son to the mighty Nottingham Forest for the first time tomorrow!