PDA

View Full Version : At last.....

Big Gordy
3rd November 2010, 09:07 PM
...after nearly a year of trying......Big 'G' is finally back in full time employment.....WOOHOO :thumbs up::yes nod::clap::beer:

GCA3N
3rd November 2010, 09:11 PM
Nice one Gordy well done mate. I am sure I can speak for all and say we all felt it for you. Is it something that different, same etc?

Delboy
3rd November 2010, 09:22 PM
Congrats Gordy!

Big Gordy
3rd November 2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks Greig:thumbs up:
I'm going back to my roots as a mechanical pump engineer :rolleyes:
Don't feel too sorry for me as unlike poor Ali (aka zimbo) I was working for 7 months out of the last 12 but it was contracting:p

Cheers Delboy:thumbs up:

Craig
3rd November 2010, 09:25 PM
Well done Big G... Get that mini bought now.....! You know which one !! ;)

Big Gordy
3rd November 2010, 09:28 PM
Get that mini bought now.....! You know which one !! ;)

Do you think he'll still have it....???
My new workplace is the west side of Glasgow so the mileage might rule it out....but hey....you never know:smilewinkgrin:

GCA3N
3rd November 2010, 09:41 PM
Well done Big G... Get that mini bought now.....! You know which one !! ;)

That'll be a fat (sorry Phat) JCW;)

cooperchris
3rd November 2010, 09:46 PM
Glad your back in full time work mate :thumbs up:

Its never good to be out of work.

Big Gordy
3rd November 2010, 09:53 PM
that'll be a fat (sorry phat) jcw;)

Never :ragin:

Big Gordy
3rd November 2010, 09:55 PM
Glad your back in full time work mate :thumbs up:

Its never good to be out of work.

Thanks Chris :thumbs up: I was contracting but I always felt ill at ease somehow because I knew it wasn't permanent:frown:

GCA3N
3rd November 2010, 10:04 PM

:laugh:

rawtor51
3rd November 2010, 10:04 PM
good stuff man , congrats:thumbs up:

Scottie
3rd November 2010, 10:12 PM
congrats.... was that you waving like a nutter this morning??!!

zimbo
3rd November 2010, 10:23 PM
Well done Gordy, really pleased for you mate :thumbs up:

Gismo
3rd November 2010, 11:14 PM
Nice one, just goes to show you that age doesn't matter :Whistle:

Craig
3rd November 2010, 11:27 PM
Do you think he'll still have it....???
My new workplace is the west side of Glasgow so the mileage might rule it out....but hey....you never know:smilewinkgrin:

yup - he will still have it... ;)

stoney
3rd November 2010, 11:42 PM
good stuff good news for you and i know what mini you are talking about :lol: defo go for it :yes nod:

audrey
3rd November 2010, 11:49 PM
Great news :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
4th November 2010, 12:40 AM
congrats.... was that you waving like a nutter this morning??!!

Twas indeed :thumbs up: Did you not want to get your mini dirty??

Big Gordy
4th November 2010, 12:41 AM
Well done Gordy, really pleased for you mate :thumbs up:

Thanks Ali :thumbs up: I know you know what its like better than anybody :rolleyes:

Big Gordy
4th November 2010, 12:42 AM
Nice one, just goes to show you that age doesn't matter :Whistle:

Experience does count sometimes fellow oldie :laugh:

Big Gordy
4th November 2010, 12:43 AM
yup - he will still have it... ;)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..interesting:p

Stewart
4th November 2010, 12:59 AM
"good one Fella" sorry came over all Mike Brewer there.

Big Gordy
4th November 2010, 08:51 AM
Okay folks you will need to help me out here......
I need to let them know this morning if I'm accepting the offer so they can get the ball rolling.........but....... two other agencies have scheduled me in for an interview today and another tomorrow....WTF..!!! The two other jobs are a bit further away and more of a pain to get to so I'm pretty sure I'd take the one I've been offered. Here's my dilema tho.....should I phone and cancel the interviews or go to them even when I know they won't be able to get back to me in time to change anything :argh: What's the chances of 3 interviews all in the same week....sheeeesh :rolleyes:

Gismo
4th November 2010, 09:03 AM
If you are happy with the job offer then i would cancel the others, wastes your time and theirs

Edit: Unless the salary is way more :Whistle:

Big Gordy
4th November 2010, 10:02 AM
More or less exactly the way I was thinking Alan :thumbs up:
Money was a wee bit more on both other jobs but it all kinda balanced out once the travelling was factored in:rolleyes: I've phoned the first one and cancelled it as it was at 10.30am in Dundee which means I would need to leave NOW:p

RobSco
4th November 2010, 10:39 AM
Hi Gordon

Always the same, nothing available then three come along at the same time, if I were you I'd go with my Gut Instinct, Check the For and Against list, but if you were happy with your first offer and not much traveling involved, Go For It...

What ever you do decide at the end of the day it's your decision but will be hard one to work out what's best.

What ever you do...

Best of Luck... :thumbs up:

GCA3N
4th November 2010, 10:41 AM
You call the other two and explain the situation. Tell them u have accepted the first offer and it wouldn't be fair now to go back on your word. Thank them for considering you and who knows what will happen In the future.

Big Gordy
4th November 2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys:thumbs up: You've all just confirmed what my thoughts were:smilewinkgrin:
Start date looks like being 15th Nov:yes nod: and guess what came through the letterbox this morning........a duror citation for the 23rd Nov.......WTF is going on......they're all out to get me.....lol....I'm suddenly very popular :p

Edit.......should point out that the other 2 jobs were through agency's so its not to tough a phone call.

Craig
4th November 2010, 10:48 AM
Stick with the one you've been offered and cancel the other two. That way if things don't work out with this co, the others will have more respect for you if you need to apply with them later. Honesty is the best policy ;)

GCA3N
4th November 2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks guys:thumbs up: You've all just confirmed what my thoughts were:smilewinkgrin:
Start date looks like being 15th Nov:yes nod: and guess what came through the letterbox this morning........a duror citation for the 23rd Nov.......WTF is going on......they're all out to get me.....lol....I'm suddenly very popular :p

Edit.......should point out that the other 2 jobs were through agency's so its not to tough a phone call.

If you don't want to do the citation Thingy then there are a few ways out of it.

Big Gordy
4th November 2010, 10:54 AM
If you don't want to do the citation Thingy then there are a few ways out of it.

Its all in hand Greig:thumbs up: phoned them already:yes nod:

GCA3N
4th November 2010, 11:01 AM
Its all in hand Greig:thumbs up: phoned them already:yes nod:

Nice one. Just get yourself a criminal record and they won't bother you again. :lol:

Maybe this could be a thread topic actually. I have had 4 juror requests since I was 20 is that average, high or low. What u recon?

Big Gordy
4th November 2010, 12:10 PM
I'm nearly 51 and this is the first citation I've ever had :p

Scottie
4th November 2010, 07:05 PM
couldn't be bothered that morning to get the mini out the garage.

Twas indeed :thumbs up: Did you not want to get your mini dirty??

Crombers
5th November 2010, 10:27 AM

Phew!!!!

Burple
5th November 2010, 11:48 AM
Nice on Big G!! Congrats! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Colin
5th November 2010, 01:10 PM
Ah good stuff Gordy!

Big Gordy
5th November 2010, 05:27 PM