PDA

View Full Version : Hi - from a wet Falkirk

EcosseGP
30th October 2010, 07:47 PM
Alright ladies and gents ...

Been drooling for a few weeks now over a GP and finally managed to shift the old buggy for the new set of wheels .. to say I'm delighted is an under statement.. Can't stop grinning and it even fits in the garage .. result :thumbs up:

Be nice to meet a few of you when I can but I'll keep a look out for any NMS in the meantime.

Doesn't look like there's many GP's on here so I guess I'll be easy to spot :hand:

cooperchris
30th October 2010, 07:53 PM
Welcome to NMS bud :thumbs up:

There is a few people with GP's here, not many though. 5 or 6 that i can think of.

RobSco
30th October 2010, 08:01 PM
Hi

Welcome to New Mini Scotland... :thumbs up:

:welcome:

Craig
30th October 2010, 08:32 PM
:welcome: is this Stouty ?? If so, I'm amazed it's taken you so long to buy a mini ;)

GCA3N
30th October 2010, 08:37 PM
Oh good choice love the gp's get some pics up of your new toy.

MINI William
30th October 2010, 08:44 PM
Welcome to NMS. Gets some pics up of your new car

stoney
30th October 2010, 08:48 PM
:welcome: fellow GP owner :wave: love the GP :yes nod: any plans ???

rawtor51
30th October 2010, 09:47 PM
welcome along dude , :bigwave:

Gismo
30th October 2010, 09:57 PM

EcosseGP
30th October 2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah it is Stouty ..
Craig you should've known I'd have bought one eventually I'm a man of my word just sometimes there's so much choice.

Stoney no plans of yet although it appears a new set of wheels may be required for the winter months .. The cars already got a couple of subtle extras on it from standard as far as i can tell but don't really want to play about with it too much although I say that with every car I buy and yeah you guessed it I have to tweak it to make it feel my own.

First thing i need to do clearly is get a sticker for it then get a few photos of it .. Sooner rather than later hopefully but the weathers not been dry enough since I got it.

Think I'll need some advice as to how to get a signature thing done for the forum I feel a little left out with everyone having some great ones .. Any helpers or advice with that would be great.

Hopefully get to meet some of you & I'll no doubt be looking for info back and forward ..

Oh there is one question .. What headlight bulbs should I put in the standard H7 ones seem very poor ..

D3 JDA
30th October 2010, 10:26 PM
Welcome m8:thumbs up::cool::hand:

audrey
30th October 2010, 10:27 PM
Hi :bigwave:

Big Gordy
31st October 2010, 10:18 AM
:welcome: dude:smilewinkgrin:
Keep a look out for the missus in our red mini as we stay in Larbert too :thumbs up: She won't see you mind.......never sees anybody :rolleyes:

stoney
31st October 2010, 10:28 AM
Yeah it is Stouty ..
Oh there is one question .. What headlight bulbs should I put in the standard H7 ones seem very poor ..

go for the Night Brakes you can get them off mikey the mini from new mini stuff and name NMS a you will recive a small disscount :thumbs up:(i have just fitted a set ans they are so much better than standard)
he also sells the arch wireing kit as well :lol:

his web page is www.newministuff.com (http://www.newministuff.com) defor worth a look just give him a phone and he will help you out no prob of put a post in his form on here :thumbs up:

Craig
31st October 2010, 10:42 AM
I'll sort you out a sticker this week mate, just pop into the office ;)

Delboy
31st October 2010, 10:45 AM
Hello and :welcome:.

jdl_1967
31st October 2010, 10:57 AM
Welcome Davey,

I hope you're enjoying your new ride. Looking forward to seeing it at work soon.

Here's a link to a set of facelift xenon lights that would be a straight bolt on fit and improve your lighting no end. I would still keep your standard lights as the car may be worth more when you sell it if it's still standard(ish).

http://www.mini2.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/8269/cat/6

I was thinking about buying them for my own R53 and selling on my pre-facelift xenons, but I my financial manager (read wife), didn't agree.

Get some photos up.

Craig, I think I should have a sticker too, I could maybe use it to hold down my dash to stop it rattling!

John

stoney
31st October 2010, 11:08 AM
they dont just bolt on to the gp as they are auto level and the Gp is not so you have to fit that and also there is headlight washers in them and none in the GP so if you want them to work you need to fit the water bottle and wire it all up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AndyP & Lenore
31st October 2010, 11:12 AM

jdl_1967
31st October 2010, 11:17 AM
http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx267/Johnnie_1967/de6abcdd.jpg

Now all you need are some 15" rims!!!

John

jdl_1967
31st October 2010, 11:21 AM
cheers Stoney, thanks for correcting my misinformation before Davey went and bought them. I've got previous with Davey for bad advice.

Don't ask him about my uprated ECU he ran on his Golf GTI TDI!!! Sorry Davey

stoney
31st October 2010, 11:23 AM
cheers Stoney, thanks for correcting my misinformation before Davey went and bought them. I've got previous with Davey for bad advice.

Don't ask him about my uprated ECU he ran on his Golf GTI TDI!!! Sorry Davey

not a problem just before he want and spent £350 :lol:and then had trouble with geting them fitted right :lol:

Duncan Stewart
31st October 2010, 09:48 PM

EcosseGP
1st November 2010, 01:33 AM
Yeah John don't worry the advice was good about the ECU it was the driveshaft that let me down but an expensive trial run ... I'll not hold it against you.

Ok maybe just stick with changing the bulbs might be easier and less hassle in the log run (plus less weight)

I'll get photo's up as soon as I work out how to do it ... and when i've washed it. Looks like there are folk with standards on here that I'll need to live up to.

EcosseGP
1st November 2010, 01:49 AM
Not sure if I should put the photo's on here or not ... but a couple just for those who want to see it

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z347/EcosseGP/MiniGP/GP3.jpg
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z347/EcosseGP/MiniGP/GP2.jpg
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z347/EcosseGP/MiniGP/GP1.jpg
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z347/EcosseGP/MiniGP/GP4.jpg

cooperchris
1st November 2010, 01:54 AM
Thats a stunning looking GP mate :thumbs up:

You should start a thread in the gallery section bud, Then keep us up to date with any mods :yes nod:

You got any plans for it?

GCA3N
1st November 2010, 08:48 AM
Thats a stunning looking GP mate :thumbs up:

You should start a thread in the gallery section bud, Then keep us up to date with any mods :yes nod:

You got any plans for it?

Awesome car mate as chris said above start yourself a gallery showcase thread for your car.

stoney
1st November 2010, 08:58 AM
loking good mate :thumbs up:

Craig
1st November 2010, 11:31 AM
Not bad at all Davey - looking forward to seeing it in the flesh soon.... Back shift this week. ;)

jdl_1967
1st November 2010, 01:27 PM
Nice, can't wait to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdl_1967
1st November 2010, 07:41 PM
Just seen it, even in the dark and the rain it looks amazing mate, very jealous!

The wheels still look too big though ;-)

EcosseGP
2nd November 2010, 01:07 AM
Thanks for all the replies ... now even thinking about another one - not a GP maybe just a Cooper (or even a One) just for the winter months .. must have got the bug :thumbs up:

John you of all folk should know me 'n wheels ... They'll be staying at the mo (If I put your's on my car wouldn't move) :smilewinkgrin:

Craig/John - need to see if we can get the three of them together and have McD get a photo of them ..

Craig
2nd November 2010, 01:19 AM
Thanks for all the replies ... now even thinking about another one - not a GP maybe just a Cooper (or even a One) just for the winter months .. must have got the bug :thumbs up:

John you of all folk should know me 'n wheels ... They'll be staying at the mo (If I put your's on my car wouldn't move) :smilewinkgrin:

Craig/John - need to see if we can get the three of them together and have McD get a photo of them ..

Good Idea Davey, just let me know so I can wash mine ;). Saw yours in the car park... Nice :thumbs up:

jdl_1967
2nd November 2010, 07:24 AM
Always up for junk food!

JOHN MILNE
3rd November 2010, 08:55 AM
:welcome::thumbs up:

GP BILLY
3rd November 2010, 09:58 AM
Welcome to NMS:thumbs up:

Colin
5th November 2010, 01:13 PM