PDA

View Full Version : both windows rolled down completey on their own?!

jcbadger
30th October 2010, 09:20 AM
Hi All

can anyone shed light on this please or had the same. Car was parked on drive with windows up. This morning both windows had rolled themselves down all the way. I've had this once before when I was in the car - it was parked at the time and I thought it was due to me touching the remote key fob too many times because I saw both windows trigger and lower themselves completely at the same time. However this is the first time its happened when no one is around. Not the best 'security feature'. Thanks

AndyP & Lenore
30th October 2010, 10:10 AM
This has happened to me while I've been out cleaning the car, but it was because I had the key in my pocket and while kneeling down cleaning the alloys, they "Open" button on the key was kept pressed down and that opens all the windaes. Could it be that you had the key in your pocket inside the house and that's what caused it?

A.

jcbadger
30th October 2010, 12:54 PM
This has happened to me while I've been out cleaning the car, but it was because I had the key in my pocket and while kneeling down cleaning the alloys, they "Open" button on the key was kept pressed down and that opens all the windaes. Could it be that you had the key in your pocket inside the house and that's what caused it?

A.

Thanks for that - indeed it could because I was working an another car parked right next to it with the remote in my pocket - in the dark.

LadyR
27th November 2011, 05:13 PM
Yup, if you hold down the unlock button long enough it opens the windows. Totally useless feature as far as I can see.

Neil - TXJ
27th November 2011, 05:38 PM
Yup, if you hold down the unlock button long enough it opens the windows. Totally useless feature as far as I can see.

At work the parking bays are very tight and lowering the window does make it easier to get in.

What I don't understand is why when you hold the lock button down it doesn't close all the windows. Think this would be more useful.

Bazthemod
27th November 2011, 05:47 PM
Officially its 'Comfort Opening' and allows the hot air to escape from the car as you approach so it's not like a sauna when you get into it on a summers day (If you are lucky enough to get one)

BMW's excuse for not giving the option to put them back up again is for safety, incase something gets stuck in the windows. Pretty sure it can be disabled and i've heard of people getting a kit to allow the windows to go back up again.

LadyR
27th November 2011, 07:03 PM
Ha! Hahaha...maybe a more useful "comfort feature" would be an umbrella that pops out to stop water falling all over your seat every time you open the door!! One of my main gripes with the mini I'm afraid.

GCA3N
27th November 2011, 07:33 PM
Ha! Hahaha...maybe a more useful "comfort feature" would be an umbrella that pops out to stop water falling all over your seat every time you open the door!! One of my main gripes with the mini I'm afraid.

Agreed on that one.