PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of the smell of milk!!

Fartin Martin
29th October 2010, 06:07 PM
Right..before I'm sick in my car..need some help! had milk spilt on my passenger car mat and cant get rid of the smell..washed it as soon as I got in..but its not worked :sad:

text Baz the other day askin and he suggested using Bicarbonate of soda..but..its not helping although it has a touch..is it a case of getting new set of mats?

HELP!! lol

Stewart
29th October 2010, 06:16 PM
Think you really need to go down the Wet Vac route. I know if I had got milk I’d be right round to a mate to get his wet vac and hit the area with my Megs APC.

Then I’d put them some place that can get some air like out the back on a dry day for a while.

You should take a look on the net there is sure to be something, Google is your friend.

After endless hours and many different methods, I think I finally got the soured milk out of my car seats with white vinegar and lemon juice mixed together and sprayed on the area where the milk was spilled. The milk got under the back seat, in the foam under the seat, on seat belt straps, etc. It was awful especially in the almost 100 degree weather. I also removed the seat, of course, and let it air out, used a wet dry vacuum on it, sprinkled baking soda on it, and left it over night. The smell seems to be gone. You'll need to ride with the windows down to help tone down the vinegar/lemon juice smell for a bit.

I used diluted vinegar in my car to get rid of the milk smell. My car smelled like vinegar for approx. 2 days but after that there was no residual milk or vinegar smell! It did not stain or discolor my car's interior either.

Bicarbonate of Soda

My little girl spilt milk on her mattress.I got the smell out by scrubbing it with washing up liquid and water then covering it with a thick layer of bicarbonate of soda while it was still damp. I left it for 24 hours, hoovered it up dampened it again then repeated the bicarb. I did this for three days. The smell vanished! (04/19/2005)
By Becci

1 Blot up any remaining liquid with a towel.
2 Pour baking (http://www.ehow.com/food/) soda over the area where the milk was spilled.
3 Sprinkle cold water on top of the baking soda.
4 Let stand overnight.
5 Vacuum to remove baking soda.
6 If the smell remains, try treating the area with white vinegar. Let sit for 15 minutes, then blot excess vinegar with paper towels.
7 If vinegar fails to beat the stink, tackle it with an enzyme odor remover. These products use biological organisms that consume odors and can be found at stores that specialize in cleaning products.
8 Use a commercial leather cleaner and odor eliminator on leather upholstery. Your dealer (http://www.ehow.com/how_155790_remove-spoiled-milk.html#) may carry these products.
9 Allow the area to dry completely: residual moisture can cause mildew. Use a hair dryer or fan if necessary, being careful not to scorch carpet fibers with a hair dryer.

Fartin Martin
29th October 2010, 06:24 PM
cool cheers man! :D

Stewart
29th October 2010, 06:39 PM
Here the young Girl next door got a really nice new car went up to B&Q and bought the biggest pot of Fence Treatment and put it not in the footwell but on the seat then hit the brakes on the way back home and you guessed it Ronseal everywhere. it was a shocker.

Craig
29th October 2010, 07:34 PM
Martin, if this doesn't work I have a carpet shampooer and I'm valeting a car all day on Sunday so if you want you could come thro and I can wash your mats ;)

k3ith
2nd November 2010, 12:21 AM
Autosmart Bio-brisk gets rid of piss,puke very effective.

Fartin Martin
2nd November 2010, 02:33 AM
cheers for the offer Craig..I was a burst couch on sunday though! :lol:

I'll give the Autosmart gear a go..cheers man! :D

Stewart
2nd November 2010, 11:17 AM
Sorry to read about your Wheel and tyre, but thats Glasgow for you thats why I might get the Non Runflats in the profile 55 to give a wee bit more give than the suggested 50 for better feel.