PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger

craigib76
19th October 2010, 09:53 AM
does the charger need to be serviced at some point in its life and if so whats its likely lifespan i know that the chargers on g60 vw's need serviced every so often but not sure if the same applies here

any help not that mines needs serviced or anything just an interest thing more than anything else

cheers craig

Gismo
19th October 2010, 10:29 AM
I'm not aware of any servicing requirements on the charger, hopefully someone else can clear it up for definite

baptie
19th October 2010, 12:55 PM
Service Link (https://wiki.bentleypublishers.com/display/tech/2002-2006+MINI+Cooper+S+Supercharger+Oil+Service)

First I have heard of it, but the above link shows a drain plug for Oil but not servicing

Mon the fish
19th October 2010, 01:29 PM
Depending on what size of pulley you've got, and whether you've got a facelift teflon charger, 80-100k miles is what I've heard as a rough lifespan.

They don't need servicing as such, but you could recondition it.

craigib76
19th October 2010, 07:20 PM
very interesting will be keeping an ear open for any noises lol

Marco77
20th November 2010, 05:51 PM
I have a Teflon charger and it's dead at 64000mls standard too. Don't know if the bearings away on it as the shaft at waterpump side doesn't move when turning the pulley. But when turning waterpump side it makes a crunchy metal sound. Strip it out today just trying to source a charger. Does anyone know of reconditioners up in Scotland Glasgow area?

Marco77
20th November 2010, 05:57 PM
Just read the link I'm going to check if there is oil in the rear of the charger were the crunchy sound is coming from