PDA

View Full Version : new Headunit install - questions

mgemie
13th July 2004, 02:59 PM
I'm going to be fitting an aftermarket headunit sometime soon and i've got a few questions to put to the group...

- Is there a complete kit i can buy that contains all the pin adapters, facia etc that i'll need to fit an aftermarket HU?

- I currently have the factory fitted wave HU and mini cd changer. Will i have to buy a new cd changer or will the existing MINI unit be compatible? Is it possible to use the MINI cd prep lead with a non-Mini HU?

- is there anything else i need to know/get in order to fit a aftermarket non-Mini HU with changer?

I'll be getting the Pioneer AVIC-X1 if that makes any differences... Also, i'd prefer getting the HU installed professionally so that its done perfectly, any suggestions? - somewhere close to Dumfries/Carlisle?

Big Col
13th July 2004, 04:03 PM
<waits patiently for lnl>

Wul
13th July 2004, 06:07 PM
Hey Marc!

Yes there is a complete kit for the wave connections - contact mikeythemini at www.newministuff.co.uk or zoooooom and they'll sort you out - it's about £20-25 and has the fascia adaptor, wiring harness and aerial adaptor.

Don't reckon you will get the mini changer to work with any other head unit i'm afraid - again MTM or zoooom should be able to clarify this.

Don't worry about the cd prep lead - a new changer will come with the cable and it takes 10 mins to fit without removing the inside of the car!

Print off the FAQ on MINI2 as to removing the downtubes etc and your cooking with gas :)

Burple
13th July 2004, 10:27 PM
Hey Wul!! Get back to your Polish!! :blackeye::eek:;);):D

yup.. pretty much what he says...
Check out the FAQ on Mini2 for a fitting guide too!

If you're lucky, the new changer will fit in the glove box, which makes it even easier... ;)

Big Col
13th July 2004, 11:25 PM
oooh the Wul man steals shortarses thunder! Goan yursel W man!

Burple
14th July 2004, 12:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

Weeelllll I just happened to be looking at all the Meguiars kit in AutoSave today........ ;):cool::D:blackeye::D

Wul
16th July 2004, 06:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

:D oops! :evil:

quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Weeelllll I just happened to be looking at all the Meguiars kit in AutoSave today........

Don't ignore the voices in your head Ewan - if you buy some ..... you will shine! :D