PDA

View Full Version : Any Whisky drinkers in the house?? - especially in Aberdeen!!!

MartinSullivan
18th October 2010, 08:16 AM
Ok so if you like whisky and you live in or visit Aberdeen then please pay a visit to my nephews whisky shop at 474 Union Street. Nick has been a manager of a large off licence in Aberdeen for a number of years and has built up a reputation for providing quality whisky and has now decided to set up on his own.

The shop is due to open on the 23rd October :thumbs up:

Forbes
18th October 2010, 08:25 AM
Good to know, wish him luck

N16SHP
18th October 2010, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I pass it most mornings on my way to work and have seen the shop coming together. Was it Oddbins he worked for, as the window graphics are pretty much the same (in a good way, as I really like them). I told my boss about it (a whiskey drinker) and he was pretty chuffed it was pretty much on his doorstep lol! Wish him luck from me also!

MartinSullivan
18th October 2010, 08:56 AM
yes it was oddbins , well spotted. For the past two years he has been one of the highest selling managers because they allowed him to build up the whisky side of the business, this year they expected him to better last years target without providing him the high end whisky that was the basis of his good sales record, this pretty much put him in an untenable position so he decided to set up on his own.

MartinSullivan
18th October 2010, 08:57 AM
He is looking to organise tastings and other events so keep an eye out, or if anyone has clients/staff that might be interested in organising something then contact Nick at the shop and he will organise something to suit your requirements

dellie
18th October 2010, 09:05 AM
Will have to let the husband know as he is a whiskey drinker, also have a few friends that like a tipple of two so will have to pay a visit for some christmas pressies lol

GCA3N
18th October 2010, 09:29 AM
.......are we to expect NMS discount :Whistle:

Big Gordy
18th October 2010, 10:41 AM
WHISKY.....pahh......sick of the sight of the stuff :moonie:

I currently work at John Dewars bottling plant where there are MILLIONS of gallons of the stuff lying about :p

Good luck with his shop tho:thumbs up:

Big Gordy
18th October 2010, 10:43 AM
:off topic: Happy birthday for last Thursday by the way wee chap:smilewinkgrin:

MartinSullivan
18th October 2010, 10:43 AM
lol at the discount, once he gets up and running Im sure we could sort something out. Could do an NMS tasting night, but would have to be a "no cars" night, or at least have nominated drivers.

Lol @ Big G

GCA3N
18th October 2010, 01:03 PM
lol at the discount, once he gets up and running Im sure we could sort something out. Could do an NMS tasting night, but would have to be a "no cars" night, or at least have nominated drivers.

Lol @ Big G

NMS tasting night, then a run :lol:

Mon the fish
18th October 2010, 01:41 PM
I adore single malts, so I'll be certain to pop in past

GCA3N
18th October 2010, 02:21 PM

favs? Mines are Macallan, jura and arran single malt, as long as it's not peaty mmmmm.

MartinSullivan
19th October 2010, 05:34 PM

Just to warn you, the last person that said they would just "pop in past" when he was at the old shop left having spent 800 quid :thumbs up: It can be an expensive hobby :hand:

The Dogfather
19th October 2010, 06:33 PM
I'm a big fan of malts, my favourites being Aberlour A'bunadh and Lagavulin, unfortunately I'm a long way south for Union Street

Mon the fish
20th October 2010, 07:08 AM
favs? Mines are Macallan, jura and arran single malt, as long as it's not peaty mmmmm.

Speyside's are generally my thing, although Bruichladdich is a lovely Islay. Enjoying a 15yo Glenfarclas at the moment, although the non-chill filtered Edradour I opened on Friday night is pretty fantastic. My mums cousin used to be the distillery manager at Glenlivet, so always had a soft spot for that, especially the 18yo.

Got 29 bottles in the house, so plenty of choice :thumbs up:

Mon the fish
20th October 2010, 07:08 AM
Just to warn you, the last person that said they would just "pop in past" when he was at the old shop left having spent 800 quid :thumbs up: It can be an expensive hobby :hand:

It is, but nowhere near as expensive as Mini's!

GCA3N
20th October 2010, 09:07 AM
Got 29 bottles in the house, so plenty of choice :thumbs up:#

I wish I did, well I do but they're all empty.

MartinSullivan
22nd October 2010, 10:13 PM
Got 29 bottles in the house, so plenty of choice :thumbs up:

Shop opening tomorrow, there will be over 400 Malts in stock, now thats a lot of choice ;)

MartinSullivan
25th October 2010, 07:47 PM
I'm a big fan of malts, my favourites being Aberlour A'bunadh and Lagavulin, unfortunately I'm a long way south for Union Street

Go to Nicks facebook page http://en-gb.facebook.com/AberdeenWhiskyShop , lots of people outside of Aberdeen are requesting mail order, if enough people are keen he will do it.