PDA

View Full Version : Engine Warning Light

N16SHP
13th October 2010, 10:04 PM
Anyone had the yellow engine warning light come on at all? Has the symbol of an engine with half a black bar through it? I was accelerating in 3rd when the car kinda bounced back and fore almost like when you pull the clutch out too quick and it jumps, then the bong went off, and that yellow engine warning light came on.

Anyone had this? It says in the book I am ok to carry on driving, but should get the engine checked. It definitely wasn't the red symbol though so that's a plus.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Craig
13th October 2010, 10:21 PM
I think that's normally to do with emissions.... My light is on permenantly !! :lol:

Just get a local garage to check emissions or if it's still under warranty, get it in..... The local garage could also switch off the light ;)

audrey
13th October 2010, 10:31 PM
I had this happen too it was a faulty sensor.

GCA3N
14th October 2010, 06:03 AM
Sorry to hear this Neil, I had something similar in my R50 yonks ago and it was to do with one of the sensors. It happended after I got the exhaust changed.

stoney
14th October 2010, 07:48 AM
I think that's normally to do with emissions.... My light is on permenantly !! :lol:

Just get a local garage to check emissions or if it's still under warranty, get it in..... The local garage could also switch off the light ;)

so nits on now las time i spoke it was still off :lol: mine is on 2 and no problems with it

Crombers
14th October 2010, 10:39 AM

& the best solution is to remove the sensor (post cat on the R50/53, as this is the sensors only function) & replace it with a £2 bolt/stud from any decent motor factor, "simples"

Delboy
14th October 2010, 12:44 PM
Uh-oh :frown:. That's what kept my Clubbie in the garage for virtually the whole month of July last year.....they couldn't find the fault causing the engine light to come on.

You'd better get it booked in I'd say. And good luck :thumbs up:.